Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New York General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in New York that do not fit into any other New York sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 04-08-2018, 07:18 AM

Default Which Max prisons are still open in New York?

I have a question beside Clinton Main or Annex Or Eastern what Max Prisons are still open and have not been shut down ? My husband will be out of the box on April 19th and moved to a different prison thank god but he canít be sent back to Clinton or Eastern because he was kicked out of those 2 so if anyone knows the right info about the prisons that are still open pleas help me out thank you Iím advance..
Old 05-25-2018, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4_U_2_Envie View Post
I have a question beside Clinton Main or Annex Or Eastern what Max Prisons are still open and have not been shut down ? My husband will be out of the box on April 19th and moved to a different prison thank god but he canít be sent back to Clinton or Eastern because he was kicked out of those 2 so if anyone knows the right info about the prisons that are still open pleas help me out thank you Iím advance..

Attica, Sing Sing... I think there might be a few more.
Old 05-25-2018, 06:34 PM

Shawangunk, Sullivan, Green Haven, Great Meadow...they really haven’t closed any max prisons, only mins...and you really cannot predict where they might send him, but usually if you’re coming out of SHU time, they will send you farther away, and you do positive programming, disciplinary ... these positives give an opportunity for hub “preference” transfers.
Old 05-26-2018, 08:52 PM

Five points, Elmira, Auburn, Coxsackie, Sulliavan as well. Five and Shawangunk are both maxy max. There's a bunch of max prisons in NY. Sing Sing I'd say is one of the better ones as there are good educational opportunities there if he stays out of trouble. Depending on the block, there are some decent views as well.
Old 06-06-2018, 11:56 AM

Green Haven, Coxsackie, Elmira, Clinton, Shawangunk, Attica, Great Meadow, Upstate, Downstate, Eastern, Five Points, Sullivan, Wende, Southport, Sing Sing and Auburn are all maxes.. I think i listed them all Not sure what you mean by kicked out of, because my husband was removed from a facility and sent to a box facility and ended up back there eventually over time.

The Following User Says Thank You to NevaEndNoWorry For This Useful Post:
Ms Sunny (06-06-2018)