Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CONNECTICUT > Connecticut Prison & Criminal Justice News & Events
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Connecticut Prison & Criminal Justice News & Events Current news items and information on events related to the Connecticut prison and criminal justice systems.

Old 09-21-2011, 02:58 PM

I went to the DOC website again today and new info was added again on the 19th, just 2 days ago. It looks to me like the ball is rolling. All we can do is cross our fingers and wait. Unfortunetly it isnt going as fast as we would like. My husband has 147 more days for his dwi sentence hopefully he will be released sooner!
The Following User Says Thank You to Jessica1978 For This Useful Post:
forevergirl29 (09-22-2011)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2011, 04:46 AM

My boyfriend is now in a residential program but still under DOC, they said he'd be out last week, still there, still no good time papers. His max date is this coming Feb. yet they let out one guy with the good time who had a March date. So we cannot figure out exactly the way they are doing this. They have let 4 out from where he is on good time so far to clear the beds for DOC. The backlog shouldn't be too bad, this good time is going to credit a lot of people into discharge who would otherwise be on parole, such is the case with my boyfriend.

The Following User Says Thank You to forevergirl29 For This Useful Post:
Mz.MM (09-22-2011)
Old 09-22-2011, 04:48 AM

Smile

I know Jessica, sometimes the waiting is the hardest part! If you just KNOW the date you can get it set in your mind, but waiting every day takes its toll on you. Good luck to you and your hubby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica1978 View Post
I went to the DOC website again today and new info was added again on the 19th, just 2 days ago. It looks to me like the ball is rolling. All we can do is cross our fingers and wait. Unfortunetly it isnt going as fast as we would like. My husband has 147 more days for his dwi sentence hopefully he will be released sooner!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to forevergirl29 For This Useful Post:
Jessica1978 (09-22-2011), Mz.MM (09-22-2011)
Old 09-23-2011, 02:59 PM

I thought they weren't releasing anyone yet, starting October 1. They are assigning all new OAP's at least at Osborn C.I. They are giving my guy programs to do from his first offense that he committed 20 years ago and did time for it. IT IS BS! But if he doesn't sign the OAP he will not get credit or a chance at Good time. But no one is being released for RREC yet. It starts 10/1/2011-7/2012.
Good luck to everyone. I pray for the day my honey comes home he has 14 more months to go because they are using his past record against him.
There are alot of new stipulations to the RREC go to www.CT.gov/doc and read them.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:41 AM

I don't understand how they are applying this? Is it random? At my boyfriend's halfway house they are letting guys go who have parole dates after him and he is eligible for the good time, they signed his paperwork. It doesn't seem to be by last name, nothing I can't figure out their system? Anyone have better luck?

Old 09-26-2011, 09:38 AM

They haven't released any information in regards to Good Time yet. Hopefully we will know more on the deadline of October 1st. This Saturday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forevergirl29 View Post
I don't understand how they are applying this? Is it random? At my boyfriend's halfway house they are letting guys go who have parole dates after him and he is eligible for the good time, they signed his paperwork. It doesn't seem to be by last name, nothing I can't figure out their system? Anyone have better luck?
Old 09-26-2011, 11:47 AM

NEW UPDATE ON RREC TIME

CLICK LINK BELOW:
http://www.ct.gov/doc/lib/doc/PDF/RRECFactSheet.pdf
The Following User Says Thank You to Ange518 For This Useful Post:
Mz.MM (09-26-2011)
Old 06-01-2012, 08:37 AM

Default Rrec

My guy is in Osborn and he said there was talking of the RREC changing to 10 days a month in July. Because they still have to get 1700 inmates out and the Governor wants to close another Prison and go to Plan B in his Budget. Has anyone heard of this too?

Thanks. three more months and my honey comes home..
Old 07-31-2012, 10:21 PM

I heard the ten days off a month is going to start in October my fiancé is in mcdougall and that's what there saying.