Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Discussions Topics / Information relating to the Arizona Department of Corrections and local & county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 07-12-2018, 09:32 PM

Default Sexy Pictures: What is allowed? What happens if pictures aren't allowed?

Ive searched threads on here, and i feel like most things are up to the discretion of whoever opens mail and i know that showing the goods are off limits but what have you sent that is ok? And what will happen if the pic is not allowed? Will that get my LO in trouble? Do i have to wear full coverage panties (to cover all of my butt)? Can i not wear a bra but cover with my arms? Sorry for all the questions and thanks in advance for any answers.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kjz1234 For This Useful Post:
Shelby67 (07-13-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2018, 01:45 PM

Mine had told me no nipples. Having said that, I refuse to send them because you never know where these type of things will end up. Or be used against you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Shelby67 For This Useful Post:
Ms Sunny (07-13-2018)
Old 07-13-2018, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby67 View Post
Mine had told me no nipples. Having said that, I refuse to send them because you never know where these type of things will end up. Or be used against you.
True! Thank you!!
Old 07-15-2018, 06:52 PM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 3,983 Times in 1,742 Posts

It's very much up to the discretion of the person opening mail. Bikini pics are fine sometimes and not others. Inmate won't get in trouble but his mail will get slowed down as they will watch it more closely. If the inmate chooses to pay to mail the photos back he can... but you can bet every CO wanting to see will before they are sent. Personally I wouldn't send anything you aren't okay with being passed around.
Kjz1234 (07-15-2018), Shelby67 (07-15-2018)
Old 07-15-2018, 09:03 PM

Thanks! That was one of my fears (it being passed around and not private) I’ve only sent bikini type ones and after thinking about it more, probably won’t send any more.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kjz1234 For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (07-16-2018)
Old 07-16-2018, 07:00 AM

Speaking of photos, has anyone heard of the 15 photos per inmate rule?
Old 07-16-2018, 07:50 AM
Liz

Thanked 1,212 Times in 468 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan321 View Post
Speaking of photos, has anyone heard of the 15 photos per inmate rule?
It was 20, unless they changed it recently. As long as they aren't hanging the up everywhere I have yet to see it enforced. Just don't send batches one after the other.

The rules don't define size of what is one pucture. If I make a collage and print it on regular paper is it 1 or 7 photos? I make collages slot. .
The Following User Says Thank You to lizlizzie2 For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (07-16-2018)
Old 07-16-2018, 07:53 AM

Ooh okay, my baby daddy's brother said when he was getting out they were talking about only allowing 15 pictures at a time per inmate. Not sure if that actually happens or not. Don't want to keep sending the court ordered pictures for them to be thrown away.

Mmm that's a good question lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizlizzie2 View Post
It was 20, unless they changed it recently. As long as they aren't hanging the up everywhere I have yet to see it enforced. Just don't send batches one after the other.

The rules don't define size of what is one pucture. If I make a collage and print it on regular paper is it 1 or 7 photos? I make collages slot. .
Old 07-16-2018, 08:56 AM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan321 View Post
Ooh okay, my baby daddy's brother said when he was getting out they were talking about only allowing 15 pictures at a time per inmate. Not sure if that actually happens or not. Don't want to keep sending the court ordered pictures for them to be thrown away.

Mmm that's a good question lol
Department order 909 says it's 40 photos in possession for everyone except SMU DET. It will very very rarely be an issue unless the inmate gets in trouble or the unit has a serious search and the CO's are in a bad mood. I know many inmates who have far more than 40 photos because I've sent them. When my ex and I split he sent HUNDREDS of photos back with me, keeping only the ones of the children alone.

https://corrections.az.gov/sites/def...909_062218.pdf
Quote:
Photos Commercial or Personal (total)
NOTE: An inmate may not possess more than 40 photographs at a time; may
not receive more than 40 photographs at a time within a 30 calendar day
period; and may not exchange photographs previously held in the property
room with photographs currently possessed by the inmate. Any incoming
mail containing more than 40 photographs, and any incoming mail which,
cumulative with other incoming mail within a 30 calendar day period would
result in an inmate possessing more than 40 photographs at a time, will
constitute contraband and the entirety of its contents will be processed in
accordance with DO 909.
Old 07-16-2018, 10:53 AM

Thank you so much for this information!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fridyrr.Likn View Post
Department order 909 says it's 40 photos in possession for everyone except SMU DET. It will very very rarely be an issue unless the inmate gets in trouble or the unit has a serious search and the CO's are in a bad mood. I know many inmates who have far more than 40 photos because I've sent them. When my ex and I split he sent HUNDREDS of photos back with me, keeping only the ones of the children alone.

https://corrections.az.gov/sites/def...909_062218.pdf
Old 08-01-2018, 02:24 AM
Liz

Thanked 1,212 Times in 468 Posts
Default photos and books

(Kendra, thanks for the corrected photo info. I am refusing to read the rule updates because I am tired of them - I am hoping the kid gets out as scheduled and that I won't have to care.)

I have read some posts in various sites where people have said they are cracking down on the number of photos recently.

The rules have never defined what exactly a "Photo" is. I asked my son about it last week and he said neither Cerbat nor Whetstone has counted pictures on regular size plain printer paper toward his photo count. They only counted those printed on photo paper as photos. (of course, by the next time - who knows what the will decide.)

The prison did crack down on how many books he had this past winter. He was told he could only have 10. So he donated the rest to the library at Cerbat.

At least at Cerbat they could actually go into the library and look for books. Whetstone prints a list by name and author and then you can request a book from the list. They don't actually get to use the library or browse books for something to read.
The Following User Says Thank You to lizlizzie2 For This Useful Post:
Fridyrr.Likn (08-01-2018)
Old 08-01-2018, 08:32 AM
Heathen Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Liz - My ex is at Stiner and just asked me to send 5 pictures per envelope because they are cracking down on pictures. Never had this problem in AZ before but everything is a little weird now. Books has been a constant fight. I find many of them as PDFs and print them out haha! Also send a lot of picture collages or pictures on letters.