Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CONNECTICUT > Connecticut Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Connecticut Prison and Jail Specific Discussions Profiles and information about Connecticut prisons

Old 04-10-2017, 08:48 PM

Default Looking for info on Robinson prison in Connecticut

Hi everyone! My boyfriend was just transferred from Corrigan to Robinson. Does anyone have any info on it? Anything about it would be helpful. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2017, 09:28 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 5,316 Times in 2,248 Posts

Welcome to PTO. I wish I had information for you. I don't know much about CT prisons, but I wanted to let you know that you're welcome here at PTO, that you can find a lot of support here, and suggest you look around at the other forums here.
The Following User Says Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
Lorp (04-11-2017)
Old 04-12-2017, 08:13 AM

Hello,

Was he transferred because the state is closing down Corrigan? At least thats what I've heard on the news recently. I wish I could help but I do not know much about Robinson except the fact that it is located in Enfield with 5 other prisons in the area: Enfield CI, Northeastern, Osborn, Willard-Cybulski and Cybulski Community Reintegration Center.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim91 View Post
Hello,

Was he transferred because the state is closing down Corrigan? At least thats what I've heard on the news recently. I wish I could help but I do not know much about Robinson except the fact that it is located in Enfield with 5 other prisons in the area: Enfield CI, Northeastern, Osborn, Willard-Cybulski and Cybulski Community Reintegration Center.
Oh, I'm not sure. I haven't heard they were closing, but my boyfriend did say they had closed the library and the cafeteria, so they could be it. They didn't really give him a reason, but everyone was saying they'd probably transfer him after the first week.
Old 05-24-2017, 04:19 AM

A lot of them are transferred bc it's a better facility to complete their mandatory rehab or specific classes. It's a level 3 with lots more privileges and my fiancé is doing great there. They also get 6 calls at almost any time of the day until 9:45 (unlike Cheshire where he once was). Just know it's a way better place and even visitations are great contact visits (very few aren't from what I've seen). I go every week. If you need more info please let me know.
The Following User Says Thank You to MrsApuzzo For This Useful Post:
Lorp (05-24-2017)
Old 07-07-2017, 10:36 PM

My boyfriend was at Robinson for 3 years, so I have tons and tons of info on that place If you have any specific questions, feel free to reach out!
Old 07-07-2017, 11:10 PM

He likely got transferred because Robinson is level 3 and Corrigan is level 4 ..so the good news is you can have contact visits st Robinson..at Corrigan they are all behind glass..however if you are from the eastern part of the state it's a long haul to visit..my boyfriend is at Osborn which is a part of that 5 prison complex..its a dump with no air conditioning and really small cells ..but theoretically there should be more programming available. The problem often is the wait time to get into any programs is long. Hopefully Robinson which is a newer facility than Osborn is a bit nicer..but it's still prison unfortunately