Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MINNESOTA > Minnesota Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Minnesota Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Minnesota prison & jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics.

Old 06-15-2020, 08:32 AM

Default Need help regarding email to inmate, no reply

Hi I just called oak park heights mailroom from the UK, I sent an email to an inmate last Monday night, I havnt received a reply, so I call the mailroom and ask if they can help, he seemed quite rude and said he couldn't tell me anything, is this right? It's stressing me out that I can't find out if they got my email or not? Can please someone help?😭
Old 06-15-2020, 08:44 AM

I don’t know if they can find out or not; I imagine there is probably a way for them to know quite easily. However they are under no obligation to tell you anything about an inmate that doesn’t have you listed as their next of kin or emergency contact. Although there really is no need for them to also be rude to you!
The Following User Says Thank You to LsGarcia For This Useful Post:
MizzyMuffling (06-15-2020)
Old 06-15-2020, 08:54 AM

Maybe he got in trouble and lost his privileges maybe the kiosk is down you should call and ask to speak to a counselor maybe they can tell you something
Old 06-15-2020, 09:27 AM

Can you try and send him a Videogram (if you have them there)? If it won’t let you send him one it means he is on lop’s. As where emails just go out still
Old 06-15-2020, 10:07 AM

I just checked his records it says current status holding what does holding mean? It no longer says incarcerated, I've honestly no idea what's going on or where he's even at��
Old 06-15-2020, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LsGarcia View Post
Can you try and send him a Videogram (if you have them there)? If it wonít let you send him one it means he is on lopís. As where emails just go out still
Means he is on what sorry? It says he doesnt have a media account yet his name comes up on jpay?
Old 06-15-2020, 10:12 AM

Quote:
I donít know if they can find out or not; I imagine there is probably a way for them to know quite easily. However they are under no obligation to tell you anything about an inmate that doesnít have you listed as their next of kin or emergency contact. Although there really is no need for them to also be rude to you!
I know he seemed like he couldn't be bothered answering my questions and just kept saying I'm sorry I cannot give any infomation out, so the call was a complete waste of time
Old 06-15-2020, 10:20 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,580 Times in 2,273 Posts

Well, they don't have to do anything much less answering your question(s). Imagine every single loved one of every single inmat of this facility would be calling asking them why their loved ones hasn't answered their email/letter/JPay...
It always helps to be extra friendly as well... so far I've only met one nice person when I called for special visits, calling prison to ask something always has the feeling of them thinking I'm trying to buy off their liver...

If it says "holding" could mean a lot of things. Maybe he's being re-classified, transferred, put into seg pending an investigation.

With prison you have to be extra patient. Extra extra extra patient.
Old 06-15-2020, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzyMuffling View Post
Well, they don't have to do anything much less answering your question(s). Imagine every single loved one of every single inmat of this facility would be calling asking them why their loved ones hasn't answered their email/letter/JPay...
It always helps to be extra friendly as well... so far I've only met one nice person when I called for special visits, calling prison to ask something always has the feeling of them thinking I'm trying to buy off their liver...

If it says "holding" could mean a lot of things. Maybe he's being re-classified, transferred, put into seg pending an investigation.

With prison you have to be extra patient. Extra extra extra patient.

I feel I have been patient lol it's been a week, and I'm always hearing different things like emails get to them after 24 hours, or someone else saying it can take ages, I'm confused and not sure what to believe, I guess ill just keep waiting, oh yes I was very polite I always am on the phone but he just couldn't be arsed I could tell haha!
Old 06-15-2020, 10:49 AM

Sorry, I didn’t consider that you might not use Jpay for emails!
Lop’s is loss of privileges.
If it says he’s in holding, like MizzyMuffling says, it could be one of many things. However it looks like he probably can’t reply to you (or hasn’t even got your email yet) rather than he just doesn’t want to.
Might be worth shooting him a letter via jmail? It’s quicker than sending a letter from the U.K.
Old 06-15-2020, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Sorry, I didnít consider that you might not use Jpay for emails!
Lopís is loss of privileges.
If it says heís in holding, like MizzyMuffling says, it could be one of many things. However it looks like he probably canít reply to you (or hasnít even got your email yet) rather than he just doesnít want to.
Might be worth shooting him a letter via jmail? Itís quicker than sending a letter from the U.K.
No I have been using Jpay, his name comes up but he actually doesn't have an account and it says he needs to create one, so unsure if hes even gotten the emails as print outs or what, it's all so confusing and I'm new to all this, so if it says holding there's a possibility he just hasn't been given my emails?
Old 06-15-2020, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambermarshall11 View Post
Maybe he got in trouble and lost his privileges maybe the kiosk is down you should call and ask to speak to a counselor maybe they can tell you something

I've honestly no idea, he doesn't even have a jpay account that's what it says anyway, but his name still comes up? So I'm assuming he gets given the emails printed out?
Old 06-15-2020, 11:51 AM

I’ve just had a look and he does have Jpay kiosks there so I imagine he can reply to jpays normally via Jpay?
If he normally can and it says he’s in holding; is he due in court or anything like that?
Because he could have been sent to the County Jail for a hearing and once he is out of the hands of the Dept of Corrections, even for a few days, they won’t show up on Jpay for things like emails, Videograms etc
Old 06-15-2020, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Iíve just had a look and he does have Jpay kiosks there so I imagine he can reply to jpays normally via Jpay?
If he normally can and it says heís in holding; is he due in court or anything like that?
Because he could have been sent to the County Jail for a hearing and once he is out of the hands of the Dept of Corrections, even for a few days, they wonít show up on Jpay for things like emails, Videograms etc
Yes he is back in court end of June I believe, i know they have about 8 kiosks in Oak park heights, I still have no idea if he even got my emails or not, because he has been segregated since he arrived and now it says holding so he's clearly been moved about a lot
Old 06-15-2020, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator

Thanked 6,449 Times in 3,220 Posts

If he's in seg, he won't be able to access the kiosk. Also, just because there is a certain number of kiosks there doesn't mean all of them work.
Old 06-15-2020, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sass4221 View Post
If he's in seg, he won't be able to access the kiosk. Also, just because there is a certain number of kiosks there doesn't mean all of them work.
Yes I had a feeling that he wouldn't be able to access the kiosks while segregated but I still wonder if they've at least given him my emails to read, just wanted him to know that I was there for him and that I cared, I was being nice.
Old 06-15-2020, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracielouise85 View Post
I've honestly no idea, he doesn't even have a jpay account that's what it says anyway, but his name still comes up? So I'm assuming he gets given the emails printed out?
Yeah if his name comes up you can email him and send him money if it ever says blocked that means that you can't send him money for some reason he can't get them i hope you hear from him soon mine comes home tommorow my stomach is in knots
Old 06-15-2020, 12:34 PM

They usually show up on email still even if they’re in Seg though.
My guess is that he’s in the Jail but I could be wrong!
Old 06-15-2020, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambermarshall11 View Post
Yeah if his name comes up you can email him and send him money if it ever says blocked that means that you can't send him money for some reason he can't get them i hope you hear from him soon mine comes home tommorow my stomach is in knots
I hope I hear back from him too so badly! Awwww congrats!!! Bet you can't wait!
Old 06-15-2020, 01:26 PM

Quote:
They usually show up on email still even if theyíre in Seg though.
My guess is that heís in the Jail but I could be wrong!
Jail as in because he's due in court?
Old 06-15-2020, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracielouise85 View Post
Jail as in because he's due in court?
Yeah, sometimes they get them in court, even just for 10 mins, if they have a court date coming up for hearing etc
Old 06-15-2020, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Yeah, sometimes they get them in court, even just for 10 mins, if they have a court date coming up for hearing etc
I just did some research and it looks likely he's in a county jail as he has a trial coming up so I feel a bit better now that I know he's been there and hasn't been in oak park heights to get my emails, I'm assuming after his trial he will get sent there? So I will probably try writing to him again once he's back there.
Old 06-15-2020, 03:44 PM
Lil British Site Moderator

Thanked 12,164 Times in 5,089 Posts

I am glad you have found your friend. Prison friendships can be very difficult nothing is in your control or his. I hope you are able to write again soon.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.
The Following User Says Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
Tracielouise85 (06-15-2020)
Old 06-15-2020, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maytayah View Post
I am glad you have found your friend. Prison friendships can be very difficult nothing is in your control or his. I hope you are able to write again soon.
Thanks so much and thankyou for your help and advice.