Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release & community service in the State of Texas should be posted here. Also found here is information in creating Parole Packets, discussion of Parole Attorneys, etc.

Old 09-03-2020, 09:47 PM

Default Anyone with knowledge on isf facilities

Hello all just trying to figure things out. Seems no one can give any kind of information when I make calls to get information. Long story short. Husband got arrested may 23rd. Thats when we found out he had a blue warrant that was issued 9/23/2019 he didn't know about, when that was issued he was apparently voted ISF then. Fast track to now. June 1st he singed paperwork to ISF. We were then told because of covid 19 offenders where serving isf time in county jail. So they started counting his time since may 23rd when he first got arrested(which didn't make any sence to me) Come August 3rd he was then transfered to isf. Hes is at kegan isf. We are unable to commute via phone because i am unable to register my number with tdcj, all we can do is write, so I write him through jpay and he has to write to me through paper mail. The last time i spoke to the po at kegan she informed me he was in the 60 day program and waiting for papers from austin about the calculations since they started his time for isf in May while he was still in county. When I called back last week she informed me that he still had a good couple weeks to go, she said not until September 17th. Im like ok cool. Then I got a letter from him stamped August 31st. In that letter he informs me that he will be seeing parole next week. Now I dont know if thats a good thing or a bad thing at this point. My friend whom used to work in an isf facility said thats a good thing because him seeing parole is because they will be releasing him then. Anyone else with expierence with any isf facility can shed some light on some things for me.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2020, 09:02 PM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 37,295 Times in 17,205 Posts

I'm sorry you haven't gotten a reply The Texas Mod (Firebrand) will be along, if not tonight or tomorrow, at least sometime over the weekend. He's quite knowledgeable about TDCJ and ISF.

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 09-04-2020, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
I'm sorry you haven't gotten a reply The Texas Mod (Firebrand) will be along, if not tonight or tomorrow, at least sometime over the weekend. He's quite knowledgeable about TDCJ and ISF.
Ok great. I know i may not get like concrete answers at this point but at least something that is some what hopeful. No one ever seems to have any information, or rather they do but the choose not to share lol
The Following User Says Thank You to AquariusGurl85 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (09-05-2020)
Old 09-05-2020, 10:08 AM

It is hard to get information on ISF! The unit has the date he will be finished. COVID has definitely had an effect on the dates, if he is seeing them within the week I would be calling the PO everyday until you have a firm release date. They will ask if he needs a bus pass, ect. If he went in with his phone make sure it is still active, they will release it to him when he is released. You might have to reactivate since he's been gone since May, unless you have been paying the bill. Good luck! He will be home soon!

Last edited by dtmom2013; 09-05-2020 at 10:15 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to dtmom2013 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (09-05-2020)
Old 09-05-2020, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmom2013 View Post
It is hard to get information on ISF! The unit has the date he will be finished. COVID has definitely had an effect on the dates, if he is seeing them within the week I would be calling the PO everyday until you have a firm release date. They will ask if he needs a bus pass, ect. If he went in with his phone make sure it is still active, they will release it to him when he is released. You might have to reactivate since he's been gone since May, unless you have been paying the bill. Good luck! He will be home soon!
Yea it is like pulling teeth. I always get the run around. One minute I'm told he doesn't have a release date then told he has a good couple weeks to go. Was told hes in the 60 day program so I'm just counting from August 3rd to October 2nd. Thats 60 days. Thats when hell be out. Lol. Yea covid was a pain because thats why he did so long in county before going to kegan. Anytime I call he actual po she never seems to know anything. I also call kevan and talk to that po there. When he got locked up in may he had a phone but naw i haven't been paying the bill and neither has he because hes been locked up. His actual po has my number and my address for where he will be living and knows that I will be picking him up.
dtmom2013 (09-11-2020)
Old 09-08-2020, 10:56 AM
The Cowtown Moderator

Thanked 6,587 Times in 1,797 Posts

Baten isf is one place. Its 75 miles east of Amarillo. There's one in Houston called Keans I think. There's one in east Texas at Henderson. Its called the east Texas Treatment facility. There used to be one in Childress but it closed. I don't know if Western isf is still around in Brownfield or not. ISF is roughly 60 days and much like SAFPT it involves programming and classes.
patchouli (09-08-2020)
Old 09-09-2020, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
Baten isf is one place. Its 75 miles east of Amarillo. There's one in Houston called Keans I think. There's one in east Texas at Henderson. Its called the east Texas Treatment facility. There used to be one in Childress but it closed. I don't know if Western isf is still around in Brownfield or not. ISF is roughly 60 days and much like SAFPT it involves programming and classes.
Thanks for the reply. I know about the facilities. My husband is at kegan here downtown Houston. I was just confused as to why he was needing to see parole even tho he is already in isf. But I was finally able to get some information. I know he's in the 60 day program. I was told his completion date is september 17th then he will be released within 10 to 15 days after that because they have to wait for the discharge papers. I specificly asked so by then end of the month he will be released and she said yes. . Does it usually take the full 15 days to get paper work.
Old 09-10-2020, 05:29 AM
The Cowtown Moderator

Thanked 6,587 Times in 1,797 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquariusGurl85 View Post
Thanks for the reply. I know about the facilities. My husband is at kegan here downtown Houston. I was just confused as to why he was needing to see parole even tho he is already in isf. But I was finally able to get some information. I know he's in the 60 day program. I was told his completion date is september 17th then he will be released within 10 to 15 days after that because they have to wait for the discharge papers. I specificly asked so by then end of the month he will be released and she said yes. . Does it usually take the full 15 days to get paper work.
It may be sooner than that, but I wouldn't count on it. ISF is the one place where the same shoe doesn't fit everyone. The end of September is not that far away
Old 09-10-2020, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
It may be sooner than that, but I wouldn't count on it. ISF is the one place where the same shoe doesn't fit everyone. The end of September is not that far away
Yea that is true. I know it all depends on how fast people want to work. Im not expecting it to be sooner than the 15 days. I been dealing with isf long enough to know how they operate now lol. I know how they are. So I don't not expect him home any sooner than the end of the month lol
Firebrand (09-11-2020)
Old 09-11-2020, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Yea that is true. I know it all depends on how fast people want to work. Im not expecting it to be sooner than the 15 days. I been dealing with isf long enough to know how they operate now lol. I know how they are. So I don't not expect him home any sooner than the end of the month lol
I called everyday! The lady was so tired of me calling she released him within 3 days! Lol!!
Old 09-12-2020, 09:53 AM

Quote:
I called everyday! The lady was so tired of me calling she released him within 3 days! Lol!!
Lol. Yea once the 17th hits I plan on calling everyday. To see whats going on. They haven't even called to verify address or anything with me because he will be paroled to my place. My friend used to work for an isf facility and she said it will be sooner than what they say. She said expect him to be released the next day. They way they do things is so fucked up. Im like bro i need a couple days notice to make arrangements at work because the new manager we have for my unit is on a power trip and I cant just call off or leave early to get him or ill get a write up lol. Good thing is the hospital I work at is only 15 minutes from where hes at. So worst case scenario, he can catch a bus pass to my job and get my parking pass and go get my car.
dtmom2013 (09-13-2020)
Old 09-13-2020, 09:07 AM

That's great thats he's so close! I think he will be home in a few days. Don't stress about picking him up if he can go get your car. That way you won't get a write up. Let us know when he finally gets out! I know you're ready!
Old 09-14-2020, 12:18 PM

Quote:
That's great thats he's so close! I think he will be home in a few days. Don't stress about picking him up if he can go get your car. That way you won't get a write up. Let us know when he finally gets out! I know you're ready!
Yea thats the upside. Hopefully the 18th hell be out lol

Last edited by AquariusGurl85; 09-14-2020 at 01:06 PM..
dtmom2013 (09-14-2020)
Old 09-17-2020, 04:13 PM

Hahahah funniest shit just happened. I just basically foundout from the po at kegan that instead if him being released here to my place and being together like that was the plan from the beginning. He decided hes going to his grandmothers house. So �� to me wasting everything on him and sticking by him through this. Guess he decided he didnt want us anymore.
Old 09-17-2020, 06:02 PM

That's horrible. Do you know the reason he wants to go there?
The Following User Says Thank You to Peacefinder For This Useful Post:
dtmom2013 (09-17-2020)
Old 09-17-2020, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Hahahah funniest shit just happened. I just basically foundout from the po at kegan that instead if him being released here to my place and being together like that was the plan from the beginning. He decided hes going to his grandmothers house. So �� to me wasting everything on him and sticking by him through this. Guess he decided he didnt want us anymore.
Well that just sucks! OMG, well I know you're upset and heartbroken, but don't just take him back if he changes his mind. You never know what someone is thinking, so don't blame yourself. You were there all along. Keep your head up and hugs to you!
Old 09-18-2020, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacefinder View Post
That's horrible. Do you know the reason he wants to go there?
I have no idea being that we have no communication. I just found this out because I called kegan yesturday. So she went ahead to verrify the address and then pulled him into the office and talked to him and then she called me back and thats how I foundout. So I have no idea whats going on. Why he did this or if there is an actually reason as to why or if he has to be at the grandmas house.
Old 09-18-2020, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Well that just sucks! OMG, well I know you're upset and heartbroken, but don't just take him back if he changes his mind. You never know what someone is thinking, so don't blame yourself. You were there all along. Keep your head up and hugs to you!
I was the only one there with him through this whole thing the past 6 months. No one else was. Not even his family.
Old 09-18-2020, 09:59 AM

Quote:
I was the only one there with him through this whole thing the past 6 months. No one else was. Not even his family.
Do you know if he got released? Has he tried to call you? It all seems weird, but he could have written to you and at least told you something! I would probably be calling his grandmother to ask some questions!
Old 09-18-2020, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Do you know if he got released? Has he tried to call you? It all seems weird, but he could have written to you and at least told you something! I would probably be calling his grandmother to ask some questions!
I have no idea if he has gotten released yet. I know hes due to be released between today to the end of the month. No he has not called me. When he gets released I know I won't be his first call. Thats all I'm saying a heads up to you changing it up on me and going to your grandmas instead of home with me would have been nice along with an explanation as to why you decided to say fuck me and all we we building. Him going to his grandmas is going to be really hard because I don't think she stays here in houston. And no I have not talked to the grandma I dont have her number. None of this makes any sence to me right now because I know dam well he didn't just wake up one day and say hmm fuck her im going to my grandmas.
Old 09-18-2020, 02:55 PM

Quote:
I have no idea being that we have no communication. I just found this out because I called kegan yesturday. So she went ahead to verrify the address and then pulled him into the office and talked to him and then she called me back and thats how I foundout. So I have no idea whats going on. Why he did this or if there is an actually reason as to why or if he has to be at the grandmas house.
That's very strange. Have you guys been married long? Were you having problems before he was locked up?
Old 09-18-2020, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacefinder View Post
That's very strange. Have you guys been married long? Were you having problems before he was locked up?
Not on paper married. Date was set for April next year. He refers to me as his wife and I refer to him as my husband.
Old 09-18-2020, 08:55 PM

So I findout that he gave my address and his grandmas. Mine was denied and grandmas was approved. So thats why on that front. But now I dont know what's gonna happen because apparebtky he caught a case while in there. Someone tried him and tried to steal his shit. So he threatened them and now he probably looking at doing more time.
Old 09-19-2020, 06:19 AM

Quote:
So I findout that he gave my address and his grandmas. Mine was denied and grandmas was approved. So thats why on that front. But now I dont know what's gonna happen because apparebtky he caught a case while in there. Someone tried him and tried to steal his shit. So he threatened them and now he probably looking at doing more time.
That answers the release to grandmas question. I hope he doesn't have to do more time. It seems to be a never ending situation, you know they are going to protect the few things they have. Hopefully they won't revoke him.
Old 09-19-2020, 08:28 AM

Quote:
That answers the release to grandmas question. I hope he doesn't have to do more time. It seems to be a never ending situation, you know they are going to protect the few things they have. Hopefully they won't revoke him.
Yea i know right. I hope he doesn't either. My friend said he might end up doing another month. Its bs he didn't physically touch anyone or get into a physical fight you know. I was like of course someone would try him just when hes about to get out.
dtmom2013 (09-19-2020)