Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) - California Topic and discussion specific to Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) in Coalinga, California.

Old 12-16-2016, 02:06 AM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nica View Post
Hi...I'm not sure where you and your fiancé are with the paper work. First step he will need to request the marriage packet from his counselor. Once he mails it to you, you will need to fill out your part and get the document notarized. Complete it and mail it back to his counselor. Once his counselor receives it. Your fiancé needs to get at the legal department with a request to see a notary. He will need to have money on his books to get the form notarized, It's $10. It can take up to 3 weeks before he sees a notary. If everything is in order you can be married within 3-6months. A number of things come into play. Ceremonies take place on the 3rd Saturday of each month.

You will need 2 money orders.

This was the price in 2014 & 2015...

1) $83.00 payable to Fresno County Clerk (marriage license fee)

2) $100.00 for the Minister.

Leah is the notary lady at PV. This is her direct number (559) 935-7177.

If you have any questions, I'll try and answer them for you.

Congrats!!!

How do I go about getting his birth certificate and his social security card because his mom is probably the one that has the birth certificate and his social security card but she dose not like the fact that we are getting married she didn't even liked us together
So she might refuse to give to me or him beside feeling out the marriage packet and having the birth certificatez and social security cardz and a copy of my divorce papers is their anything else I need to do I just want have everything done before I get the paperwork so I can send it all at once thankz 4 the help. We knew each for years but was always to shy and flirted over the years but we got together about 5 to 6 months ago and he asked to marry me on December 11 2016💍💓💒 what type of stuff dose the counselor talk about when I Go to see the counselor . is it just basically for her to tell me how some inmates get married to us women to use us for surten things and to see why and if we want to still do this and after getting married to we get our 3 to 4 day visit or do we get a lease a couple of hours alone sorry for all the questions
The Following User Says Thank You to Raymondz.wife84 For This Useful Post:
Raymondz.wife (04-06-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-16-2016, 07:34 AM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Thanked 1,281 Times in 791 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymondz.wife84 View Post
How do I go about getting his birth certificate and his social security card because his mom is probably the one that has the birth certificate and his social security card but she dose not like the fact that we are getting married she didn't even liked us together
So she might refuse to give to me or him beside feeling out the marriage packet and having the birth certificatez and social security cardz and a copy of my divorce papers is their anything else I need to do I just want have everything done before I get the paperwork so I can send it all at once thankz 4 the help. We knew each for years but was always to shy and flirted over the years but we got together about 5 to 6 months ago and he asked to marry me on December 11 2016💍💓💒 what type of stuff dose the counselor talk about when I Go to see the counselor . is it just basically for her to tell me how some inmates get married to us women to use us for surten things and to see why and if we want to still do this and after getting married to we get our 3 to 4 day visit or do we get a lease a couple of hours alone sorry for all the questions
Pleasant Valley, does NOT ask for a SS# or BC. The last couple I know who got married, did NOT need those documents. His CDC ID was enough.

As a future wife, we don't need to talk to his counselor. He submits a request for a marriage packet, from there he should be mailing it to you. It's a fairly simple process .

Ceremonies take place on Saturday's. You'll be able to visit the entire day.

The packet will give you ALL the information you'll need

You are welcome and congratulations.
Old 01-20-2017, 04:07 AM

Hi I'M Ronda I Just got my Forms to get married to my soon to be husband Raymond and im having trouble filling out the paperwork here are pages im having trouble with

~letter of intent form~

I HAVE NO CLUE what this page is for or is~AFFIDAVIT OF INABILITY TO APPEAR AND REQUEST For ISSUANCE OF A
[ ]Confidential marriage license pursuant to family code section 502
[ ]public marriage license pursuant to family code section 426

What This page for and how to fill out--ATTACHMENT G

NAME AND NUMBER____HOUSING____

ON_____INMATE MAKE AND NUMBER_____

WAS MARRIED TO_____at Pvsp. WEDDING RINGS WHERE/where not exchanged at this ceremony

And if you have any helpful information and how much the told price it cost to get married and what was the quickest/longest time that it toke to get approved and get married

How long do you guy's think I would get approved to get married I have no bad records or never been arrest
Old 01-20-2017, 07:24 AM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Hi I'M Ronda I Just got my Forms to get married to my soon to be husband Raymond and im having trouble filling out the paperwork here are pages im having trouble with

~letter of intent form~

I HAVE NO CLUE what this page is for or is~AFFIDAVIT OF INABILITY TO APPEAR AND REQUEST For ISSUANCE OF A

WAS MARRIED TO_____at Pvsp. WEDDING RINGS WHERE/where not exchanged at this ceremony

And if you have any helpful information and how much the told price it cost to get married and what was the quickest/longest time that it toke to get approved and get married

How long do you guy's think I would get approved to get married I have no bad records or never been arrest

The forms, can be confusing. To avoid mistakes, I suggest you call the marriage coordinator. She is very helpful, she'll be able to walk you through the forms.

This is her direct number. (559) 935-7801

There is a TON of information in the marriage thread regarding prices and wait time. Wait time can vary from 2-7 months.
Old 01-20-2017, 07:46 AM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Here are STEPS someone posted.

The forms PV uses have remained unchanged since 2013.

Quote:
Originally Posted by faraboverubies View Post
The first 3 pages (front and back) is the outline and "instructions."

Your man should have filled out the next page (4), attachment A, letter of intent form. You sign and date that page.

He should have also filled out attachment B (page 5), affidavit of inability to physically appear. The top portion, is his information as the first person. You are the second person. Fill out the bottom portion, sign and date it. I left the top line blank above my signature because I think my man forgot to sign it. I filled in everything else. No blanks. Write N/A or 0.

The next page, attachment B1 (page 6), certificate of acknowledgement form. This is the page that is notarized. It just says acknowledgement on it. The notary will know to fill it out and stamp it with his/her seal. There is a space for the stamp. It says (seal). You do not touch this page. If you have questions, ask the notary. The person I used charged $15 for same day, met me at Starbucks and was very helpful. She looked over the entire packet for me, as well and helped answer all of my questions.

Attachment C (page 7), confidential license data form. It says: affidavit of inability to appear and request for issuance of a marriage license. Your man can fill his part out and sign it. I filled out my name, date of birth and I signed it where it says "signature of bride." Check confidential or public. I thought I read that it is automatically confidential. I am not too sure though.

Attachment D (page 8) inmate attendance at marriage ceremony request form is just to list his inmate guest list. You can only have 2 of his buddies there. Your man should have written his name, cdc# and facility-A, B, C or D yard. If he didn't, you can easily do this part or leave it blank for him to think about and fill in before he turns it in to his counselor.

Pretty self-explanatory for attachment E (page 9), the marriage approval form. Your man can just fill in his name and cdc#. You are allowed outside guests, but they have to be approved to visit your man. You list them here. Leave everything else blank.

Attachment F (page 10), marriage license fees form. Your man should fill out the top part just in case, just his name, cdc# and housing.

Leave attachment G alone. (page 11) application for a certified copy of confidential marriage license.

Attachment H (page 12), general chrono form, he can fill out his name, housing and cdc# along with yours.

Leave attachment I, certificate of jurat form alone.

Hope that helped. It does look overwhelming, but it's really not. Just confusing. Leave the packet intact so you don't lose anything. Just take the staple out before you mail it in a manila envelope. Good luck to you!
Quote:

~letter of intent form~

Last edited by Nica; 01-20-2017 at 07:48 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Nica For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2017, 08:43 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Congratulations to the couples, who got married the week before. Two couples were married on B yard.

🎩 👫 👰🏻 💍 💏 💫💒 🎊
Old 03-31-2017, 02:42 PM

Ok I Go A Couple of questions for you guys my soon 2 be husband sent me the marriage packet but missed up on the marriage packet and when he sent the second marriage packet he lift the marriage packet blank any know what will happen ??? Any one know where or how to look up places to help me fill out my marriage packet in stanislaus county if I have to any where or what type of places look up in coalinga💒👰👨
Old 04-01-2017, 11:21 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymondz.wife View Post
Ok I Go A Couple of questions for you guys my soon 2 be husband sent me the marriage packet but missed up on the marriage packet and when he sent the second marriage packet he lift the marriage packet blank any know what will happen ??? Any one know where or how to look up places to help me fill out my marriage packet in stanislaus county if I have to any where or what type of places look up in coalinga💒👰👨

The forms, can be confusing. To avoid mistakes, I suggest you call the marriage coordinator. She is very helpful, she'll be able to walk you through the forms.

This is her direct number. (559) 935-7801
Old 05-27-2017, 04:05 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Congratulations 🍾 🎉 to the 5 weddings 🎩 👰🏻, that took place on B this morning. There were many smiles, along with tears of joy and the presence of God, could be felt in the room! 🙏🏻.
Old 07-23-2017, 09:34 PM

Smile

'Hi Lady's Has Anyone Gotta Married Or Is Waiting To Be Approved To Get Married ? How Long Is The Waiting Process ? ?
Old 07-25-2017, 07:07 AM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdalineNChris View Post
'Hi Lady's Has Anyone Gotta Married Or Is Waiting To Be Approved To Get Married ? How Long Is The Waiting Process ? ?
Anywhere from 3-to-5 months. Sometimes sooner if all the paperwork is in order, all monies have been received, and the coordinator is not out on leave.
Old 07-26-2017, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Anywhere from 3-to-5 months. Sometimes sooner if all the paperwork is in order, all monies have been received, and the coordinator is not out on leave.
Thank You ! Oh Yay Good To Hear That Hopefully Sooner 💍
Old 04-16-2018, 04:57 PM

Do they allow a family visit or a private visit the day if your ceremony?
Also could anyone tell me how long after the ceremony do you have to wait for your first overnight family visit?
Old 04-16-2018, 05:35 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,999 Times in 801 Posts

Anyone get calls from C yard today? Haven't gotten a call.
"There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. And then you cash in on guilt"--Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Old 04-17-2018, 12:29 PM
Soy Su Mil~Colores ❤️

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffsgirl23 View Post
Also could anyone tell me how long after the ceremony do you have to wait for your first overnight family visit?
You’re married in the patio, weather permitting on a Saturday. You’ll have until 3pm to visit like all visitors.

He requests a FV package from his counselor, once he fills it out, and gets all the approvals from the higher ups. He’ll be sent a packet from the FV coordinator. The process and getting a date could take up anywhere com 4-6 months.

It’s a process.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by Nica; 04-17-2018 at 12:32 PM..
Old 04-17-2018, 11:25 PM

Thank you nica!
You have been a great help.
He just transpacked and left last night. I hope to hear from him soon
Is it usually a bit of a wait before he is allowed to call?
Should I wait to receive a letter from him or could I write to him and just put his name and cdc# on the letter (without put a yard ).
Old 04-18-2018, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffsgirl23 View Post
Thank you nica!
You have been a great help.
He just transpacked and left last night. I hope to hear from him soon
Is it usually a bit of a wait before he is allowed to call?
Should I wait to receive a letter from him or could I write to him and just put his name and cdc# on the letter (without put a yard ).
He’s coming from a county jail, correct?
If so, he’ll be on orientation for about 14 days. In these 14 days he will not have access to a phone, sometimes it’s less days! If he transpaked and left last night you might be able to get his housing location if you call the prison! If not, I’m sure you can send him a letter with just his name and cdc number and they’ll foward it to him. When my son’s father was moved yards I had no clue and I sent them to his old housing location and they forwarded it to him!

Last edited by EDYJO; 04-18-2018 at 07:08 AM.. Reason: Added info.
Old 04-18-2018, 06:18 PM

Thank you!
He was actually in eloy az @ La Palma. I really appreciate all ur help.
This is all so new to me and at times so overwhelming and emotionally hard.
Between the worry you have for your loved one in prison and the stress we have on the outside , it's quite scary.
Knowing other women are feeling the same emotions and going they this with me makes it a tiny bit easier.
So thank you ladies .
Old 11-19-2019, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogi2376 View Post
Quote:
You’re married in the patio, weather permitting on a Saturday. You’ll have until 3pm to visit like all visitors.

He requests a FV package from his counselor, once he fills it out, and gets all the approvals from the higher ups. He’ll be sent a packet from the FV coordinator. The process and getting a date could take up anywhere com 4-6 months.

It’s a process.

Hope this helps!
Its about 1mon waiting for conjugal