Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release & community service in the State of Texas should be posted here. Also found here is information in creating Parole Packets, discussion of Parole Attorneys, etc.

Old 04-30-2015, 02:08 PM

Default Texas SAFPF program - Questions?

I went to the Jester 1 SAFPF program here in Texas for a probation violation (dirty UA's) and completed the program successfully, was early discharged from the halfway house, and have been home for roughly 4 months.

Today, I went in to see my P.O. I am all caught up on my payments (actually ahead on them), working, going to school, great attendance and participation in my aftercare/IOP program, all my C.S.R. is complete, have all my required signatures for A.A., always calling color code for random U.A.'s (and passing them) etc. Just doing good overall.

I took my U.A. today, turned in all my relevant paperwork, etc. and was closing up my business at the probation office. He made sure to confirm my contact info and place of residence, made sure I have not had any law enforcement contact (I haven't.)

At the end of the meeting, my SAFPF coordinator/probation officer tells me he has to schedule a T.T.M. (treatment team meeting) with my counselor at I.O.P. Last time I checked, MOST of the time a T.T.M. means you did something bad... Far as I know I didn't fail my U.A. today (don't know why I would fail anyway, 18 months sober...) He didn't have me sign any admission forms for being dirty nor did he say anything about telling my home county. Everything was in order. I DO have a speeding ticket that my home county officer and my SAFPF coordinator know about, but it is being taken care of in a timely manner with a Driver Safety Course under their and the court's approval.

The question I have is...Is this routine to check and see how I am doing at my counseling and IOP/aftercare sessions? Or am I in trouble for something I don't know about? I can't think of anything I have done wrong. I was worried that the Dayquill/Nyquill I took a few days ago for a bad cold/respiratory infection may have popped a positive or something on my U.A. but I'm not sure how to read those tests. None of the meds contained pseudoephedrine or codeine. All O.T.C. stuff. Usually I wouldn't be terribly concerned, but to get sent back to SAFPF for 6 months for something dumb would be a real ego bust, considering how well I am doing...

Just looking for some security. It's probably nothing, but I'm still worried... :/ Thanks for your time, folks.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2015, 07:12 PM

Thanked 8,423 Times in 4,917 Posts

Cannot speak to community supervision with certainty, but certain caseloads within the Parole Division supervision did have periodic treatment team meetings just to make sure the releasee was progressing with aftercare as expected. It was very much a check-the-box-that-it-was-done thing, but it still had to be done...
Old 05-01-2015, 01:59 PM

**Note: I am on probation, but I imagine the protocol is likely the same?

Thank you very much. I appreciate it. I was sweating that I messed up somewhere without realizing it! Will post an update later.
Old 05-01-2015, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crne8957 View Post
**Note: I am on probation, but I imagine the protocol is likely the same?

Thank you very much. I appreciate it. I was sweating that I messed up somewhere without realizing it! Will post an update later.
yes, I realized you were on supervision through the Community Supervision and Corrections Department as opposed to parole or mandatory supervision overseen by the TDCJ Parole Division. Hence my reference to not knowing for sure if comm. supv. staff function in the same manner...
Old 11-19-2016, 11:16 AM

My girl just got sent to the SAFPF not sure what unit haven't heard from her she just got their yesterday morning when can she call me n write to me ?
Old 11-26-2016, 10:03 PM

Dude...SAFP is a really miserable spot to be. It is a behavior modification place that lasts 6 months, then 3 in a halfway house....and then roughly 2 years in aftercare...it may be sooner, but look at it that way, so as to avoid disappointments. She can always write you...that is one thing they don't take away...but for "learning experiences" they will take everything they have. If you want her to get commissary...I suggest an ecomm...you know, an online order...she (if it is like the one I was at) won't be seeing the commissary window much at all for her stay. The WHOLE dorm gets in trouble for what anyone does, so it is most likely not your lady, but someone in her wing that will create problems. As far as knowing where she is...there is security on moving inmates, and thus it will be a couple days before it updates. If she got an FI-5...smile....she will be back home in 179 days...with a 3 month possible 1/2 way house. You guys are on the downhill, and good luck in starting a happy productive life...that program will help her...when she gets back she will be able to deal with trivial and irritating things as if it was NO worries at all.
Old 04-20-2017, 11:15 PM

I'd like to know how Safp houses probation people that are entering the program for the first time?
Old 04-21-2017, 05:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronkoz50 View Post
I'd like to know how Safp houses probation people that are entering the program for the first time?
They are co-mingled with TDCJ offenders who have been given a SAFP sanction as a result of violating the rules of supervision or who have been placed in IPTC as a pre-condition of their release.

My clients that have had IPTC votes hate it because too many of the people coming from county simply don't give a damn about their freedom and have no clue what the penitentiary is about.
Old 04-21-2017, 06:40 AM

Thank you