Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MARYLAND > Maryland General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Maryland General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Maryland that do not fit into any other Maryland sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2008, 12:09 PM
Proud Grandma
Donation Award 

I want to welcome all the new members to PTO. Yes, msj, PTO is a wonderful site and very helpful. I have and would continue to recommend this site to all that I have met and will meet in the future that have a loved one incarcerated. When I first joined I felt that I was the only one that was going through so many issues. I found out that I am not or will I ever be the only one. I am very thankful for this site and any time I can help anyone I am always more than willing. If there are any questions that you can't find the answers to here, I will do what I can to find them and if I can't find them I will direct you to someone that may be able to help.
charmike (12-09-2009)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2008, 09:58 AM

PattiD,

I have a question ? Latley I have seen post where people are asking about transportation to WCI or other jails. When I go up sometimes I do see vans but I don't know where they go or where they are coming from. Some of the newbies are asking so if you have any information please share. I know its frustrating to keep posting asking the same questions and no one ever responds.

We really need to jumpstart the MD Forum and get the communication flowing. People have questions, Others have answers..Lets get together and share what you know.
Old 02-04-2008, 10:34 AM
Proud Grandma
Donation Award 

msj, I will certainly get working on this. Yes, I do understand how it is when you have a question and no answer. It's extremely frustrating to say the least.

Patti
Old 02-13-2008, 09:56 PM

Hello Everyone,
So glad I came across this site. I'm new to this whole prison experience. My boyfriend and I where together for a little over a year before he got locked up during a routine traffic voilation in Virginia. He got extradited back to Maryland and has been here ever since. He got sentenced for some dumbness he did back in 1997 and got 6-12 yrs. We started this nightmare in June of 2006 but none of the 10 months that he served in Virginia count for anything in Maryland. He's supposed to go before a parole board or something in May 2010. We're looking into getting married hopefully by the end of this year. I guess I'm just asking for advice on how to get through the rough times?? I'm living in NYC right now and he's in Hagerstown. I drive down there every other weekend so if there's any other ladies in the NYC area that might be interested in carpooling, I would sure love the company. Ok, well thanks for listening and I look forward to your advice.
Jamie
Old 03-20-2008, 01:23 PM

Hi everyone. I am new to this board, and the prison system. I have a question for you all. Do you all know how much time is taken off of a sentence for DOC time served?
Old 03-21-2008, 09:52 AM

If you mean the time served before in pretrial, all of it is taken off.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:07 AM
Proud Grandma
Donation Award 

Often times they do get credit for time served. It is a great help if it's not a huge sentence and there was quite a bit of time incarcerated before trial. Each state is different in how they handle things. I would like to think that they could all find a uniform sentencing structure but we know that's not going to happen.
I live right on the border of Idaho and Washington. Crimes committed have different sentencing just across the river. In Idaho you can't plead insanity but in Washington you can. If you try in Idaho, you are committed to a mental hospital until they see that you are fit enough to stand trial. You would think that with us all being one country things would be a little bit more even but that's not the case unfortunately.
Old 03-22-2008, 06:08 AM

Default hubby in rci

hi, my name is chloe. i live in texas, my husband is in roxbury in hagerstown. its been a tough month. he just lost 365 days of good time. we got married by proxy in texas, so if anyone has any questions about the whole marriage by proxy thing let me know ( : i have learned so much about the prison system since i met my husband( we met online) and it just amazes me that in this country the prisons are run the way they are. its disgusting. my personal opinion is there's a bunch of people getting rich off of our prison systems and our loved ones are paying the price for it. ok, i just needed to vent, im glad there is a place like this. i miss my husband so bad.
Old 03-24-2008, 09:09 AM

Thanks for the information. I appreciate it.
Old 06-05-2008, 08:15 AM

I have a friend who is in MCI_H I was wondering if anyone travel there and would like to carpool I live in Annapolis, MD
Old 06-06-2008, 01:26 PM

Hello, I'm a new member and new to this situaiton. My fiance just recently was moced from Patuxent Ins to MCIH. He doesnt have visits anymore until August hopefully, and no allowed to make phone calls unless he begs them to let him call me. It's truely miserable not being able to see or talk to him. I feel in love with this man and he fell in love with me. He asked me to marry him way before he got locked up. I thought I'd live the rest of my life with him and then this happened. He is supposed to be released 7-08, but now they have put something else on him that he did not do and is facing a life sentence. I hate this, so I'm glad I found this site to be able to talk to others that are going thru what I'm going thru. thanks for this.
The Following User Says Thank You to renight For This Useful Post:
JuicyNsWife (11-28-2008)
Old 06-06-2008, 04:08 PM

WELCOME TO TO PTO... SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE UNFORTUNATE CIRCUMSTANCES SORROUNDING YOUR SITUATION. THIS SITE HAS HELPED ME A GREAT DEAL YEAR THESE PAST FEW YEARS. AGAIN WELCOME TO PTO!!!!!

Old 02-12-2009, 04:27 AM

Hello, my boyfriend was recently transferred to JCI, in Maryland. I was wondering if you, or anyone else knows how long it may take for his phone and visiting list to go through. I haven't spoken with him in days. Thanks.....
Old 02-12-2009, 10:56 AM
wish I had a ticker too.

hey tieaira
that place is ok. my bf is there . its takes about a week or 2 . message me if you need to talk. I have been going there for about 3 years for visits. if you need help let me know.

what is his id number and I can tell you when you will be able to visit. also if you want someone to go with you the first time on your visit there let me know and if we have the same visiting days I will go with you ok. im me and let me know. and leave me some contact info so we can talk ok.

Last edited by mrs g; 02-12-2009 at 11:01 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to mrs g For This Useful Post:
tieaira1 (02-12-2009)
Old 08-14-2009, 12:19 PM

Default Question about the Baltimore classification prison

Do you have any information on the Baltimore Classification prison, I believe it is called DOC. My son is currently in Clarksburg, in Boyds, MD D and will be transferred anyday to Baltimore for classification and then sent to a permanent jail in Maryland. The Baltimore process seems very difficult to understand, can they have visitors?

Thanks for your help

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattiD1157 View Post
I would like to welcome all new members to the Maryland Forum. Please feel free to give me a holler if there is anything at all I can help you with. If you have any questions I will do what I can to help you find the answers.
Once again, welcome and I look forward to getting to know each of you.

PattiD1157
PTO Site Moderator
Old 08-14-2009, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hart View Post
Do you have any information on the Baltimore Classification prison, I believe it is called DOC. My son is currently in Clarksburg, in Boyds, MD D and will be transferred anyday to Baltimore for classification and then sent to a permanent jail in Maryland. The Baltimore process seems very difficult to understand, can they have visitors?

Thanks for your help
The classification center is called MRDCC. You can get info about it here:

http://www.dpscs.state.md.us/locations/mrdcc.shtml

When my guy was there in February, he spent about 10 days there. He was able to call me when he arrived there for a short (like 30 second) call. His phone account was never set up before he was transferred out, but I'm told it usually takes two weeks to get set up.

MRDCC is a lock down facility so send him lots of letters. He'll be in his cell most of the day, like 20+ hours a day.

ETA: Inmates do not receive visits at MRDCC unless they have been there longer than 60 days and most are not. I think lately they have been moving inmates out within 2-4 weeks.

Last edited by NDJsGirl; 08-14-2009 at 01:01 PM..
Old 08-14-2009, 02:31 PM

Hopefully he will be able to call you when he gets there and then when he finds out where he is going. They dont get visits there unless there for more than 60 days. Also they get out on a schedule, I dont remember the exact hours but phone calls arfe only 5 minutes long.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:34 PM
helplessly wanting!!!

Hi! i am not brand new, but havent been on here in a while! i moved all the way from Birmingham, AL to Md this past Feb, on Valentine's Day, to be exact, to be near my man at E.C.I. Now if that's not love, i don't know what is? lol! I would like to get to know more women with my same circumstances here in MD. I don't know anyone here except him, my roommate and his family. any replies would be appreciated. thanks, amy
Old 08-16-2009, 03:20 PM

Hey Amy,
Glad you found the site, sorry you have to be on it LOL! My mans in Toulson in Jessup. Please feel free to ask any questions- as all the ladies on here are super sweet! Make sure to stop by the August check in as all the women seem to gather there on a daily.

Happy family,
just waiting for Daddy
Old 08-16-2009, 04:21 PM
It's us against the world

Hello Amy and welcome to Maryland forum. Just like you I'm in the middle of moving from Philly to MD. my husband up in Hagerstown. you will find support on here.
Old 08-16-2009, 04:49 PM

Welcome Amy! Be sure to join us in the Lounge in the August chat thread!
Old 08-17-2009, 06:49 PM
Mrs. Vasquez

Hi Everyone! Im not really new. Have been on for a little over a week. I've been a little hesitant to type anything in. LOL. Im new to this whole dealing with a loved one incarcerated. My Fiance whom I've known for over 10years..We meet wen I was 10 and now im 23 years old!

We parted ways when I was 13 and yes we liked each other it was a small crush. My family moved from the neighborhood and so did he with his shortly afterwards. He came back into my life this year and we feel deep in luv. Now he's in jail and waiting to be sentenced on a violent crime. YES IM DECIDED TO WAIT ON HIM! lol...

We are praying everything will be ok. His prelim is this friday. I'm told that's really nothing, just means the case will be moved to circuit court or something like that. Just to let you all know I have read over a lot of posts on P.T and it helps me soo much to cope with this and there's so many good q' & a's on here.

Thank you!!

Sometimes it gets hard but, Im taking it day by day....

Old 08-17-2009, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradav87 View Post
Hi Everyone! Im not really new. Have been on for a little over a week. I've been a little hesitant to type anything in. LOL. Im new to this whole dealing with a loved one incarcerated. My Fiance whom I've known for over 10years..We meet wen I was 10 and now im 23 years old!

We parted ways when I was 13 and yes we liked each other it was a small crush. My family moved from the neighborhood and so did he with his shortly afterwards. He came back into my life this year and we feel deep in luv. Now he's in jail and waiting to be sentenced on a violent crime. YES IM DECIDED TO WAIT ON HIM! lol...

We are praying everything will be ok. His prelim is this friday. I'm told that's really nothing, just means the case will be moved to circuit court or something like that. Just to let you all know I have read over a lot of posts on P.T and it helps me soo much to cope with this and there's so many good q' & a's on here.

Thank you!!
Welcome to the Maryland forums! You'll find lots of support here. Don't be afraid to post any questions you might have. We're happy to help answer them. We also have a chat going in the Lounge forum, feel free to join us there. I'm going to try to post a new one each month.

The preliminary is nothing, like you said. If he already has had an attorney enter an appearance, I don't even think he has to show up.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:37 PM
Mrs. Vasquez

Default Thank you!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDJsGirl View Post
Welcome to the Maryland forums! You'll find lots of support here. Don't be afraid to post any questions you might have. We're happy to help answer them. We also have a chat going in the Lounge forum, feel free to join us there. I'm going to try to post a new one each month.

The preliminary is nothing, like you said. If he already has had an attorney enter an appearance, I don't even think he has to show up.

Thanks ! I spoke to his attorney and she will not be present and asked me to save my days off for the trial.

Sometimes it gets hard but, Im taking it day by day....

Old 08-17-2009, 08:12 PM
It's us against the world

Hello and welcome to the Maryland forum.
Closed Thread