Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OHIO > Ohio General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ohio General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Ohio that do not fit into any other Ohio sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 12-29-2011, 02:47 PM

Default North Central Facility

Was wondering if anyone could give me some more info on North central facility in Marion? I read up on it on their website but was looking for any other info. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2011, 03:18 PM

My son was there for 1 and half years. The Co were nice to us. He got along well there. Now that it is private I am not sure. We were able to hug and give him a kiss at the start and the end of the visit. You were able to hold hands, take pic in for him to see. they have lockers you can put your things in. Let me know what you like to know and I will try to let you know

Old 12-29-2011, 03:38 PM

What do you mean private? Is this a better place than CRC? Did he see much trouble there?
Old 12-29-2011, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cgee300 View Post
What do you mean private? Is this a better place than CRC? Did he see much trouble there?

The State Of Ohio sold that prison. Now it is owened by some company. There was not that much trouble there. You will alway see some trouble. He just keep to himself. He did make some friend but only after he knew he could trust them. The key thing is to keep to yourself. Yes it is Better then CRC. Just writ him send card anthing that will keep him busy. If you can put money on his book and have him get a phone card so you or he can put money on it for phone calls.
No low top shirts. I aways wore a T-shirt. My jeans were a little lose not to big. I was all ways nice to the CO even when I get a little mad at them. You get more with sugar then salt. You will have to but a ven card to buy food when you visit. and you can e-mail to set up a visit.

Old 12-29-2011, 05:34 PM

Thank you for your help. Wondering do they stay in a cell or a big room with many? Also when you visit should I take money to buy things? Thanks again
Old 12-29-2011, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Thank you for your help. Wondering do they stay in a cell or a big room with many? Also when you visit should I take money to buy things? Thanks again

They r in a dorm with alot of others with bunk bed in a cube. You will need to buy a food card which is 3.00 dollars. Can not remember how much you can put on it but I would put 25.00 to 30.00 But do not put to much on it because you may not be able to get your money back if they move him to another prison. My son ate alot when we visit. there r things in the ven machine that he dose not get. You will not be able to take any money into the visting room. So only take the money you need. you can not take a purse in to visit only your ID.

Old 12-29-2011, 07:41 PM

Thanks. So I buy the food card before I go into the visiting area? Or how is that done? Does that card work the vending machine then? Thanks again sorry so many questions
Old 12-29-2011, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Thanks. So I buy the food card before I go into the visiting area? Or how is that done? Does that card work the vending machine then? Thanks again sorry so many questions
ask all the question you want. You buy the card before you go in to the visiting area. yes it will work in the ven machine. You can also buy pic before you go in. can also put money on his book before you go in. When you go in be sure to take a number and have a seat till they call your number. also be sure to know his number they will ask you for it and the number they give you when you set up the visit. The more question you ask the more I remember. If you have more question ask.

Last edited by dayder18; 12-29-2011 at 07:55 PM..
Old 12-29-2011, 08:20 PM

Thank you do much. This means alot. Would the visiting area make my 5th grade daughter upset? Would this be too much on her to see this in your opinion?
Old 12-29-2011, 08:33 PM

No... my grandchildren go to the visits every month with me .. My son is like a dad to them .. The first time they went they were scared yes. But we told them what it was all about and they did find. Were they upset about there Uncle being there yes. But they love to go see him its the first time that is hard on then but after that they want to go all the time I go now. it is good for my son to see them and them to see him it keeps him going.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayder18 View Post
No... my grandchildren go to the visits every month with me .. My son is like a dad to them .. The first time they went they were scared yes. But we told them what it was all about and they did find. Were they upset about there Uncle being there yes. But they love to go see him its the first time that is hard on then but after that they want to go all the time I go now. it is good for my son to see them and them to see him it keeps him going.
Oh and my grand son was in the 5th grade

Old 12-30-2011, 08:35 AM

Thanks so much. Do you know from experience how many days it takes for him to get money that I put on his books thru the website? Can you visit all day?
Old 12-30-2011, 09:15 AM

North Central changes hands on Dec. 31 at 10PM.

http://www.marionstar.com/article/20...text|Frontpage
Old 12-30-2011, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Thanks so much. Do you know from experience how many days it takes for him to get money that I put on his books thru the website? Can you visit all day?
I have not put money on his book hru the website but have put it on his phone account thru the website it took less the 24 hr. Yes you can visit all day. I always did a all day visit twice a month.
If you do not live close to NC you may be able to go to google voice and get a free number with the zip code as Marion then your calls are just .97 cents for 15 min.

Old 12-30-2011, 02:47 PM

Thank you. I am confused as I am trying to fill out the visitor application. On the front of it it says "to". Who is that? Bk them there is a place for the institute name. Is this his casemanager? I do not know who that is? Also on the last page it states" please return promptly to" then asks for a contact name. Help??
Old 12-30-2011, 02:50 PM

Also on the declaration of understanding page I have to sign then there is a place for a witness. Do I get a witness ? Anyone? Thanks for your help this is awful
Old 12-30-2011, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Thank you. I am confused as I am trying to fill out the visitor application. On the front of it it says "to". Who is that? Bk them there is a place for the institute name. Is this his casemanager? I do not know who that is? Also on the last page it states" please return promptly to" then asks for a contact name. Help??
I put the case manger in thr TO .. The contact name I put my husbands name. .. the witness I had my daughter sign that.. also be sure to send a copy of you ID and a copy of a bill in your name. You will not be approved if you do not have the ID and a copy of a bill in your name. Also all the address must be the same as the ID.

Old 12-30-2011, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Also on the declaration of understanding page I have to sign then there is a place for a witness. Do I get a witness ? Anyone? Thanks for your help this is awful
O also when you mail it in you will have to adderss it to you loved one with his number on it and right under his name you must put the Case manger name and highlight the case mangers name. They do not tell you all this. That is why some r turned down. They just do not make it easy.

Old 12-30-2011, 03:25 PM

All ways take ex clothes and shoes just in case they say you can not wear some shirt or pants in. I take ex shirt pants and shoes for everyone that goes with me. They have told my grandson that he could not wear the shirt that he had on into the visit .. I was so glad that I took other clothes for him just to be safe.

Old 12-30-2011, 03:26 PM

How can I find out who his casemanager other than him telling me?
Old 12-30-2011, 03:29 PM

You will need to call NC and ask them they will let you know. Or if your loved ones calls you ask him.

Old 12-30-2011, 05:12 PM

Thanks again this info is priceless and I really appreciate it.
Old 12-30-2011, 05:15 PM

Welcome

Old 12-31-2011, 01:42 PM

Happy new year ! I was wondering if your son was able to call often ? My lived one said phone line at CRC was so long. Just wondering if he ever commented on the phone line there and what times he could call? Thank you
Old 12-31-2011, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Happy new year ! I was wondering if your son was able to call often ? My lived one said phone line at CRC was so long. Just wondering if he ever commented on the phone line there and what times he could call? Thank you
My son was able to call when he wanted. I had a set time for him to call because of working I think they shut the phone off at 10 or 11 not sure. The lines were not long. He call almost every day now that we have google voice. Have a Happy New Year .. It had to be happy when your loved one is not home but after this one then one more and my son will be home

The Following User Says Thank You to dayder18 For This Useful Post:
Cgee300 (12-31-2011)