Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Prisons & Jails > Florida - Region 3 Facilities
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida - Region 3 Facilities Information and Discussion about the following facilities: Avon Park CI, CFRC-E, CFRC-Main, CFRC-S, Desoto Annex, Florida Women's Reception Center, Hardee CI, Hernando CI, Lake CI, Lowell CI, Lowell Annex, Marion CI, Polk CI, Sumter CI, Zephyrhills CI

Old 10-05-2017, 08:34 AM

Default CFRC Main vs CFRC East Question

My son is at CFRC Main. I received a letter yesterday dated 2 days prior. (pretty fast) In the letter he stated he would be moving on Tues 10/3 I always check status on FDOC site This am I checked and it appears he is now at CFRC East.

From past experiences, of fellow posters does this mean he is staying there? He did say the DOC has lost the contract for busses and was moving most inmates fairly close. Usually they move them hours away from their home county.

If he indeed stays there it would be a reasonable drive for visitation. So crossing my fingers I am reading into this correctly.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-05-2017, 07:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyFan View Post
My son is at CFRC Main. I received a letter yesterday dated 2 days prior. (pretty fast) In the letter he stated he would be moving on Tues 10/3 I always check status on FDOC site This am I checked and it appears he is now at CFRC East.

From past experiences, of fellow posters does this mean he is staying there? He did say the DOC has lost the contract for busses and was moving most inmates fairly close. Usually they move them hours away from their home county.

If he indeed stays there it would be a reasonable drive for visitation. So crossing my fingers I am reading into this correctly.
I certainly hope that is true about keeping them close. M understanding is that they process and they transfer to the other side of cfrc before they are shipped to their perm.
The Following User Says Thank You to Friend in Jail For This Useful Post:
DisneyFan (10-05-2017)
Old 10-05-2017, 08:58 PM

Thanks for the reply. That makes sense that they move them to the other side before moving. I truly hope he is correct about being moved somewhere close.

It will make visitation so much easier. Hoping to hear from him. I sent more papers & envelopes.
The Following User Says Thank You to DisneyFan For This Useful Post:
xolady (10-14-2017)
Old 10-06-2017, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the reply. That makes sense that they move them to the other side before moving. I truly hope he is correct about being moved somewhere close.

It will make visitation so much easier. Hoping to hear from him. I sent more papers & envelopes.
Please be sure and come update when/if he is moved. My friend is 11 days into reception. I'd like to know how close they keep him.
Old 10-06-2017, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friend in Jail View Post
Please be sure and come update when/if he is moved. My friend is 11 days into reception. I'd like to know how close they keep him.
I will as soon as I get updated. That would be helpful to know if they do indeed keep them close.
Old 10-12-2017, 09:11 PM

Received a letter today postmarked 10/10 he is staying at CFRC EAST He says it is cleaner than Main and overall he likes it better. He sounded very upbeat in his letter which is very encouraging He was at Main for about a month. He was advised the weekend before the move he would be moving. Hope this info helps.
The Following User Says Thank You to DisneyFan For This Useful Post:
xolady (10-14-2017)
Old 10-14-2017, 09:41 AM

Thanked 5,993 Times in 3,116 Posts

Quote:
Received a letter today postmarked 10/10 he is staying at CFRC EAST He says it is cleaner than Main and overall he likes it better. He sounded very upbeat in his letter which is very encouraging He was at Main for about a month. He was advised the weekend before the move he would be moving. Hope this info helps.
Being perm in reception is indeed better!!! I hope things stay good!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to xolady For This Useful Post:
DisneyFan (10-15-2017)
Old 10-14-2017, 07:17 PM

Quote:
That’s awesome. Thanks for the update.
The Following User Says Thank You to Friend in Jail For This Useful Post:
DisneyFan (10-15-2017)
Old 10-23-2017, 03:12 PM

Have you spoken to your son yet? Did he stay at CFRC East? My friend was just transferred today to East. He will probably be sent to his perm camp soon. No clue where that will be.