Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > FLDOC - What You Need to Know > Florida Prison Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida Prison Phones, Packages & Mail Use this forum to discuss Florida prison Phones, Packages & Mail issues & topics. If you have a question about or want to discuss these issues in a specific facility, please visit that facility's regional subforum in the Florida forum.

Old 10-22-2013, 03:58 PM

Default Collect calls from Atlantic Work Release

Help! Time warner cable does not allow collect calls from prison facilities...even work release. How can I get calls from my sister at Atlantic Work Release. Global Tel Link doesn't have Atlantic Work Release in their system!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2013, 06:45 PM
Waiting for Mike

Thanked 1,304 Times in 978 Posts

A lot of inmates use calling cards to call home from work release. Have her ask around to what everyone else is using.

Also, you could get a burner cell with a number that is local to the work release center (or change your existing cell number)...then she'd be able to call for the price of a local call. She can call any number from work release - it doesn't have to be your landline.

Old 10-27-2013, 04:49 PM

Thanks! I have been trying to find forms on the FL DOC website for her. Furlough forms. They don't have any at Atlantic and it would be nice if I can send them to her. Any suggestions? She has borrowed someone's phone and called me I will send her a cell as soon as she's approved. Thanks again!
Old 10-28-2013, 04:05 PM
Waiting for Mike

Thanked 1,304 Times in 978 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4hug View Post
Thanks! I have been trying to find forms on the FL DOC website for her. Furlough forms. They don't have any at Atlantic and it would be nice if I can send them to her. Any suggestions? She has borrowed someone's phone and called me I will send her a cell as soon as she's approved. Thanks again!
None of the forms are on the DOC website. They don't make them available that way so that they can control who has them so people aren't sending them in that aren't supposed to and then they have to deal with sorting them out.

It's not possible that they don't have the furlough form at Atlantic. They are probably just trying to put barriers in the way of her getting furloughs by not giving her the form, or someone is too lazy to go make more copies because they are running low. Furloughs are a PITA for WRC staff - a lot of paperwork is involved each time an inmate takes a furlough plus a bunch of activity to supervise the furlough.