Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release & community service in the State of Texas should be posted here. Also found here is information in creating Parole Packets, discussion of Parole Attorneys, etc.

Old 05-06-2020, 06:41 PM

Default FI-3R/Changes/Parole Date question

Approved on 05/05/2020

FI-3R (09/2020)- Transfer to a TDCJ rehabilitation program, such as Changes/Lifeskills, and release to parole on or after completion and not earlier than three months from the specified date of 09/2020.

This is what it reads online. Ive searched high & low for answers but no one really seems to speak on FI-3Rs. Does 9/2020 indicate when he will start the program or what? Also, he is currently at Terrell Unit and I read once somewhere they offer Changes there so could he possibly take the class there or will they transfer him out somewhere else?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2020, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissy8307 View Post
Approved on 05/05/2020

FI-3R (09/2020)- Transfer to a TDCJ rehabilitation program, such as Changes/Lifeskills, and release to parole on or after completion and not earlier than three months from the specified date of 09/2020.

This is what it reads online. Ive searched high & low for answers but no one really seems to speak on FI-3Rs. Does 9/2020 indicate when he will start the program or what? Also, he is currently at Terrell Unit and I read once somewhere they offer Changes there so could he possibly take the class there or will they transfer him out somewhere else?

Yes he could do Changes and be out after completion. It depends on which program he has to complete. I remember Changes is a short class . I was in the Alcohol/DWI program at Hamilton and had an FI6. The program was 6 months and then it took about 3 weeks to a month processing till release day.Some people in the DWI program had FI3 and even a few FI1 but they still had to complete the 6 month program they were assigned to.I know it makes no sense....
Is he coming to live with you after release? If so you should be contacted soon by parole to check out your house and such. If he is going to a halfway house make sure all that is in order. Good Luck.

Last edited by russelln61; 05-07-2020 at 08:14 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to russelln61 For This Useful Post:
Lissy8307 (05-07-2020)
Old 05-07-2020, 01:37 PM

That def. makes no sense at all. I hope its a 3 month class & Its most likely going to be for substance abuse because he’s had drug usage on his record in the past. He’s not staying with me but hopefully they’ve already contacted the family member on his housing & that they will come off lockdown next week so that he can start immediately! Thank you!
Old 05-07-2020, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lissy8307 View Post
Approved on 05/05/2020

With a FI-R vote there are two parts to the vote: The first is completing the program and the second is meeting the specified time. In this case, even if he completed the program early he would not meet the specified date, which would be December (3 months from the specified date of 9/2020). Both parts must be met. In light of COVID 19, the Fi-3R is a nice vote to have since nearly all units offer the Changes/Lifeskills Program. Although there is a drug component to the program, it is not extensive. With the exception of the FI-1 vote, the FI-3R is the next most desirable vote IMHO. I would anticipate a start date of 9/20.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ump For This Useful Post:
dtmom2013 (05-08-2020), Lissy8307 (05-07-2020)
Old 05-07-2020, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ump View Post
With a FI-R vote there are two parts to the vote: The first is completing the program and the second is meeting the specified time. In this case, even if he completed the program early he would not meet the specified date, which would be December (3 months from the specified date of 9/2020). Both parts must be met. In light of COVID 19, the Fi-3R is a nice vote to have since nearly all units offer the Changes/Lifeskills Program. Although there is a drug component to the program, it is not extensive. With the exception of the FI-1 vote, the FI-3R is the next most desirable vote IMHO. I would anticipate a start date of 9/20.
Omg I was hoping that wasnt what it meant I honestly dont even understand the point in granting a FI3 when in reality the timeline is more like an FI6 if he has to stay until Dec. He was hoping for an FI1 & his max sentence date is 12/2021 so I know he will feel a way by hearing this but I know we have to be thankful that he will come home a year earlier. I guess it kind of makes sense anyway since it was a 5 year sentence for them to keep him the 80%. Thanks for clarifying this