Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WEST VIRGINIA > West Virginia General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

West Virginia General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in West Virginia that do not fit into any other West Virginia sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 09-14-2004, 09:51 PM
amused MEMBER

Talking West Virginia Member Introductions - Come Join Us!

Let's get to know one another! Please take a moment to introduce yourself and tell us a little about you and/or your loved one. You can give as little or as much information about yourself as you would like - but let's get things rolling and make our West Virginia Forum a true "family".
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to betrayed_4_life For This Useful Post:
Mrs.Feliciano (02-25-2013), TroysLilSis (12-21-2008)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-14-2004, 09:55 PM
amused MEMBER

Default W Virginian - Once removed....

Hey! My mom is from W Va. - Welch in fact - so we're family too!! My name is Danielle and I am your Co-Forum Leader. I am 29 (again - ha! ha! ) and the mother of 10 year old twin girls. My loved one is currently serving LWOP in Michigan. We have been together for about a year but I have known and loved him for a lifetime in my heart. I am looking forward to scouring the internet and getting as much information to all of my adopted West Virginia family as I can.

Take care all - stay strong!

Last edited by betrayed_4_life; 09-15-2004 at 09:22 PM..
Old 09-15-2004, 04:50 AM
Texas Tornado
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,158 Times in 599 Posts

Hi all,

My name is Maureen or aka mlk2001, I am your Forum Leader. I live in Texas and my Husband is incarcerated in Texas also. We are currently serving a four year sentance. I say we because we are in this together.

With that said, I just want you to know if you need anything please feel free to pm me. I may not have all the answers but will do my best to help you find what you need.

Take care

mlk2001
Old 09-15-2004, 10:40 AM

HELLO this is crazy that you are all the wv forum leader because my boyfriend is in western regional in wv but he is on parole from mi

Old 09-15-2004, 03:19 PM

My Sweetie is in FCI Beckley here in WV. We both have lived her all our lives, however, I was born in Wilmington, DE. He is serving a 65 month sentence in federal. BUT, we only have a little over 6 months left. WooHoo!! I'm so anxious for him to come home.
Old 09-30-2004, 06:19 PM
Banned

My fiance is st St Marys Correctional. He has been locked up for 19 of the 20 months that we have been together. He see the parole board in Jan. 2005 after having served 2 years on a technical parole violation. With God's grace, he will be home in JANUARY!!!!!!!!!! WE are both West Virginians and so are our families. Too bad my family doesn't support me like his does him and me.
Old 11-05-2004, 07:19 PM

Hey y'all. LOL My husband is incarcerated in Huttonsville Correctional Complex. He was sentenced to 20 years. He will have served 8 of those this spring. We have been together for nine years and will be married for 3 in Dec. He just received his outside clearance, so hopefully when he sees the board this spring things will go well. We both have live in Monroe Co. all our lives. Except I just moved to Myrtle Beach about nine months ago, to take a job offer I just couldnt pass up. So wish us luck!
Old 11-13-2004, 09:17 AM

my name is Kathy and im from Fort Ashby Wv and i odnt have anyone in jail or prison yet i might be going there i recived a counterfeit check threw the mail by someone i was talking to on the net i found out by the police that it was a scam but i feel for it so if i have to go ot jail or prison then i guess i will have to i cant turn back the clock if i could i would im sure everyone would like to do that in their life time im so glad that there is a place to come to on here that has honest and loveing peolple in there the world would be a better place if there was alot more of peolple like u all
kathy
Old 11-15-2004, 10:30 AM

My Boyfriend is in Central Regional Jail at Flatwoods. Right off Route 79. Anyone know a fellow inmate of his? We are actually from PA, he got a 2ond DUI caught in Weston and I'm really hoping he makes it out before his baby does! Any advice from anyone?
Old 11-25-2004, 09:40 PM

My name is Bonnie, and my husband Norman is in Huttonsville Correctional Center. He discharges on Nov. 20, 2005, and has been in this time for a year and a half.

We met when I was a counselor at Mount Olive Correctional Complex. I later transferred to St. Marys Correctional Center, but Resigned about two months later, so Norman and I could be together and get Married when he got out in Sept. 2000. We got married a month later, and since then he's been back twice! This time for Felony Fleeing while DUI - carried a 1-5 year sentence!

Anyway, we got 360 days to go, and counting down until he'll be home in my arms again, and I PRAY this time, he'll stay!

Take care All,
Bonnie

God Bless!!!
Bonnie

Galatians 2:20
Old 01-06-2005, 11:58 AM

I was recently released on bond from Southern Regional Jail waiting indictment or realease from this mess. I have a loving wife here in beckley supporting me and no one is there to support her unfortunately she's not computer friendly.... Maybe if I have to go back she'll have to learn...Thanks for being there in the future......
Old 01-08-2005, 07:39 PM

Hi everyone, my name is Shannon. My husband is back in prison on a tech. parole violation. He discharges in 134 days!! This has really been a challenging time for us but I think that we'll be stronger in the long run. I am truly grateful that he will be discharging and that there will be an end to this nightmare. For all of you who have husbands/boyfriends doing long sentences I have been there too in a previous relationship. Hung in there for 11 years with a man I loved in max. security at Mt. Olive and old Pen. in Moundsville so I know how it feels. Just take care of yourselves. Remember although we may love our man we are not the ones locked up. I know that sounds harsh but it is the truth. For years I lived by the telephone not wanting to leave because I might miss a phone call, waking up in the middle of the night to receive a phone call because he is on lock up and only can use the phone when he recs. Trying to be upbeat and talkative when I know that in 2 hours I have to go to work a 10 hour shift. Crazy life isn't it? Hope my next go around is a lot simpler!
Old 01-31-2005, 11:50 PM

Question.....................My ex, the father of my children is in Mt Olive Correction, was hoping to maybe find someone that may know him, would like to find out how he is doing, but do not want to contact him myself. I know that may sound strange to all of you, but he was my first true love and I stood by him for many years, but then just couldnt do it anymore, havent talked to him in 5 years, and no longer get his letters because I moved many many states anyway and did not put in a forwarding address, mostly cause I didnt want him to know where to find me. However I do still love and care about him, but cant live the waiting life anymore. Can anyone help??
The Following User Says Thank You to southernbell69 For This Useful Post:
Susan247 (05-20-2008)
Old 03-08-2005, 11:13 PM

The love of my life is in HCC. We are both from Greenbrier County. We've made it through the 1st year of his 1-5. He's up for parole next month. We both say our prayers every night. I can't wait to have him in my arms again.
Old 03-09-2005, 06:09 AM

Welcome to PTO and the WV forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksangel
The love of my life is in HCC. We are both from Greenbrier County. We've made it through the 1st year of his 1-5. He's up for parole next month. We both say our prayers every night. I can't wait to have him in my arms again.
Old 04-10-2005, 09:10 PM

Default Hello, new member here

Hello All,
This is a great site, glad I came across it! My friend is in the NCRJ in Doddridge, has been there since the first of March. I have been worried sick about him, not only from what he tells me about the conditions there, but from what I am reading about this jail from the other posts as well. Can anything be done to help bring improvements there? This is all new to me, so I dont really know where to start. I live in Harrison co, so it is fairly close for me to be able to visit, but several times they have cut our visits short by 10 minutes, which really stinks.

Anyway, nice to meet everyone!
Old 06-04-2005, 08:58 PM

I am coming from Wyoming/McDowell county area my uncle just got 2-10 for meth lab bust in April 2004 he was not the one caught making it he actualy was at work and arrived home seeing the bust and ran from cops. Later turning himself in 6 weeks later. since then got a lawyer and a year later he was sentence He had no previous record and had a real good job but judge said he was not a canidate for work release program or home conf. other people involved of coarse turned on him giving the state enough on him and there hand just got a little slap Not fare!! It has only been 2 days and I have tried to find out everything I could about SW regional jail in Holden WV and this seems to be the best site He later may be transfered to Mt. Olive we hope not he is closer to us in Logan. anybody have anybody there feel free to contact me let me know what to expect.
Old 06-04-2005, 09:01 PM
Battling Adrenal Cancer

Welcome........I grew up in Grafton does that make me family?

"BATTLING ADRENAL CANCER"
Old 06-04-2005, 11:50 PM

My name is Alisa and Mike and I were married April 30 of this year while he was in SW. We have been together 3 years and he has been incarcerated for the past 13 months. I live in Princeton and have for the past 15 years. Mike comes up for parole on June 19, 2005 and will discharge on Dec 18, 2005. I sure hope time flies by.
Old 06-07-2005, 08:23 PM

Hi, my name is Alisa and my husband is in southwestern, he is up for parole on June 19. I sure hope he gets to come home. I live in Princeton, anyone can IM me if they would like.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:41 PM
Donation Award 

Hi, Alisa. I moved to California from Princeton last July. Hope things go well with your husband's parole. I'll be thinking of you both!

Old 06-15-2005, 09:45 PM

My daughter is currently serving time for a drug offense in the Northern Panhandle of W.V. She was recently sent half way across the state so now we cant even take her baby to see her. What ever happened to second chances and house arrest in this state?
Would like to talk to someone from Hancock Co. W.V. that is going through the same nightmare that I am.
Old 07-04-2005, 03:43 PM
Q's Wifey

Default North Central Regional Jail Doddridge

My boyfriend is currently in the NCRJ and he's been there for 5 months. I live in Parkersburg but go to school in Fairmont. I am able to see him often but his trial is July 5th and there is the possibility of him being transfered. He's facing 1-5 yrs but since it's his first offense we are hoping to get off lucky. I just want to get him out of that jail due to terrible times he's gone through there.
The Following User Says Thank You to sweetnbeautiful For This Useful Post:
EquinoxRenee (02-17-2017)
Old 07-04-2005, 10:17 PM
Donation Award 

Hi and Welcome to PTO and the WV Forum. Best wishes to you and your boyfriend during his upcoming trial and sentencing!!!
Old 08-16-2005, 03:05 PM

Hello everyone. I joined PTO about a month ago. I have been mentoring a young man for the past year. He is currently in North Central Regional Jail awaiting sentencing. He has had his trial and received Life with Mercy. We think he will be going to Mt. Olive from there. It's been a stuggle to find a way to get any educational materials in to him. Latest I heard was now inmates cannot receive anything printed from the internet...there go my worksheets. :-/ Anyway, hello to all of you. I live in Harrison County and I'm here for the long haul.