Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OHIO > Ohio Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ohio Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Ohio Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2005, 01:53 PM
Queen of Dylan's Heart

good job!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2005, 03:44 PM

Default i went to ups

after reading all of these posts I mailed my first package yesterday and I sent it ups it was so easy and it was cheaper then through the regular mail..Thanks, I find out alot of useful things on here..
Old 12-01-2005, 06:14 PM

Exclamation No Hassle Boxes!

Hey guys.. i was on here a few weeks ago lookin for help on what to put in a food box and wat dimensions it had to be. and i came across this website that is amazing. it had pre made boxes...like u just pick which one you want and they take care of it, they package and send it for you.. so you dont have to worry about getting the dimensions or weights right. I would recommend it to anyone. Very reasonably priced too! check it out! the website is http://www.residentrelief.com/200405...f.asp?rn=10015
Old 12-02-2005, 02:00 AM

Thanks for the info! For me, even though itis a lot of work getting the things of rhis box, It is the twice per year that I get to go shopping for him at the store and i have a blast doing it. I have been shopping for his chirstmas box for the last month and still have about two more weeks of purchases to go.
Old 12-04-2005, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kris_1211
Hey guys.. i was on here a few weeks ago lookin for help on what to put in a food box and wat dimensions it had to be. and i came across this website that is amazing. it had pre made boxes...like u just pick which one you want and they take care of it, they package and send it for you.. so you dont have to worry about getting the dimensions or weights right. I would recommend it to anyone. Very reasonably priced too! check it out! the website is http://www.residentrelief.com/200405...f.asp?rn=10015
Truthfully, it's quite expensive to order packages from such companies. The men can get the same thing cheaper at the Commissary - or at least where Doc is the things are cheaper. When you use this service, you're paying to send only a few pounds of food. Pack your own box and send 30 pounds for less money - and send items that they can't buy at Commissary so that they'll have a nice treat. Why pay high prices for popcorn and hard candy and things they can buy on a weekly basis in prison?

I agree that I enjoy shopping for things to send. Doc gives me a list of things he'd like to have and then I shop for them and pack the box - and just make sure it is less than 30 pounds and valued at less than $60 (as stated in the Inmate Handbook).
Old 12-09-2005, 08:45 AM

I mailed A food bx & clothing bx on Monday and he got them on Wednesday.All was accepted including pair of work boots.It cost $14 for both.Imailed beannie wieenes in a can(he likes them) its beans and that was on the list
Old 12-17-2005, 11:11 PM

Hello!!!! I am hopefully sending my food box out on Monday to my sweetie for Christmas and I Have a few questions. It says on the sheet that I can send a can od spaghetti sauce is this true my boyfriend wrote plactic jar but I could not find that but the list says that he can have a can. has anyone ran into this? also he asked for cheese. I bout two kinds and was wondering on how to ship those? should I freeze them? or just refridge them and just put them in the box in the morning? Any help would be peachy!!!! I really want this to go out ASAP!!! I know I can call the prison and ask about the can but decided to try here first.

Old 12-19-2005, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by warm_fuzzies
Hello!!!! I am hopefully sending my food box out on Monday to my sweetie for Christmas and I Have a few questions. It says on the sheet that I can send a can od spaghetti sauce is this true my boyfriend wrote plactic jar but I could not find that but the list says that he can have a can. has anyone ran into this? also he asked for cheese. I bout two kinds and was wondering on how to ship those? should I freeze them? or just refridge them and just put them in the box in the morning? Any help would be peachy!!!! I really want this to go out ASAP!!! I know I can call the prison and ask about the can but decided to try here first.
(1) He may not get the food before Christmas if you are waiting until today to send it..... Should have sent it a week ago. Even if the box gets there Wed. or Thur. no guarantee that they will be fully staffed because of the holiday and he may not receive it until the 26th or 27th. Hope they do give it to him right away!

(2) I send cheese. In July when I sent it, I froze it first. However, when the cheese thaws, it sort of crumbles when you try to cut it. In this weather, no need to freeze it ahead of time. I got 4 pounds (in small packs) and just put them in a plastic grocery store bag and tied it and included it in the box of food items.

Don't know if you can send spag. sauce in a can or not. They may let it in. I'm sending (first week in Jan.) a can of whole tomatoes and can of mushrooms, which may or may not be accepted. Sometimes canned items like that are rejected because the food can spoil if stored in the can w/o refrigeration and they don't want anyone getting food poisoning.

Last edited by Doc's Sis; 12-19-2005 at 06:35 AM..
Old 12-19-2005, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moms66
I mailed A food bx & clothing bx on Monday and he got them on Wednesday.All was accepted including pair of work boots.It cost $14 for both.Imailed beannie wieenes in a can(he likes them) its beans and that was on the list
He got the box the same day? Lucky man! Doc has some times had to wait for 2 or 3 days to be given his packages - until someone got good and ready to inspect them.
Yes, the beans should be ok because they'll be eaten right away after opening the can - and they won't spoil as fast as something like mushrooms would.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:02 PM

Thank you DOC.... the men at UPS said that it will get there tomorrow or Wed... I am fine if he does not get it until next week..... I mean he has three more months to go so i am sure that he will not get mad over a day or two.....I mailed it with the cheese and they said with weather like this that it will be okay and the pizza sauce too can go in a can!!! Thank you so much for you insight it was greatly appreciated!!!

Old 12-21-2005, 11:38 PM

thx for the tips ladies. Im sending my womans box to her tomorrow. Ive been working on a food box for about 3 wks. I hate shopping u know its a guy thing! I going to send her next clothes box out beginning of the yr. I have to hunt down scooby stuff and get her a new pink watch. Have to make sure its pink!
Old 12-24-2005, 10:13 AM
Closed

Can anyone help me? I can't send packages to Tommy at Lucasville since its a max prison but I was wanting to know if u guys knew the vendors for the Ohio and or how i could know what catalog they can buy from etc so I can pay for some things and then have them send em to him.? I found like a limited collection for food but its expensive and I want something for food and clothes etc. Please help!? I know I can't send him packages but I mean I know that I can buy things from their catalogs and send them a money order and have them regulary send them to the inmate? Please help!!!

~Bella~
Old 12-24-2005, 10:17 AM
Queen of Dylan's Heart

those catalogs are available to the inmates........when dylan wanted some shoes, i sent him the money and he ordered it from the catalog, then the cashier's office took it off his books and sent for the order.......

i would just send him the money, if it were me.......even if you saw a catalog or not, he'd still have to order them himself
Old 12-24-2005, 10:26 AM
Closed

Default Can't do it this way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdylan06
those catalogs are available to the inmates........when dylan wanted some shoes, i sent him the money and he ordered it from the catalog, then the cashier's office took it off his books and sent for the order.......

i would just send him the money, if it were me.......even if you saw a catalog or not, he'd still have to order them himself

so i couldn't even pay the co and have them send it directly to him like they do anyways? I know in some states u can see online who the vendors are...Ohio Im having trouble finding them tho!

~Bella~
Old 12-24-2005, 06:55 PM
Slugs Cupcake

Okay question:
i thought i read someone saying that they sent someone a box to LeCI. One of the C.O.s told me that the inmates there cannot receive any food boxes. If you know anything about that let me know pls. thanx!!
Old 12-25-2005, 11:46 AM

My man wanted some boots and I sedn half of the money and he came up with the rest... he had to order them himself!!!!! Again thanks to all that helped me my man got his Food box 2 days after I mail it...... he got that before the letters that I enclosed in the box... he still hasn't got that yet!!!

Old 12-26-2005, 06:58 PM
Prayerful Ohio Member
Donation Award 

At the request of (((OhioGirl))) this thread will be a sticky for awhile...Thanks Patty Sabrena

"...for this too shall pass..."
Old 12-28-2005, 10:49 AM

Hello Ohioan's!!
I have a new friend that is serving time in Toledo Correctional Institution, I was wondering if/what all he was allowed to receive in the mail ? I deal mostly with Ms. where my son is and he can't receive anything but cards and letters.Another guy I know in Wva. can get bookmarks, calanders,cds,dvds,etc.Does anyone have a clue what's allowed at Toledo?
Thanks for any info!!
chickletone
Old 12-28-2005, 10:50 AM
Queen of Dylan's Heart

its the same everywhere...if you go throught this whole thread, you can read about everything down to how to send the package........i believe the forms to what they can have are in here too......if not go to the Ohio DRC and they will have the forms there

http://www.drc.state.oh.us/web/Forms/DRC4092.pdf

http://www.drc.state.oh.us/web/Forms/DRC2427.pdf

Last edited by sdylan06; 12-28-2005 at 10:53 AM..
Old 12-28-2005, 12:06 PM

Thanks SDYLAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111
CHICKLETONE
Old 12-28-2005, 01:51 PM
Queen of Dylan's Heart

no problem......now this thread officially has everything, lol, .......i think!
Old 12-30-2005, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by secksi_bishh
Can anyone help me? I can't send packages to Tommy at Lucasville since its a max prison but I was wanting to know if u guys knew the vendors for the Ohio and or how i could know what catalog they can buy from etc so I can pay for some things and then have them send em to him.? I found like a limited collection for food but its expensive and I want something for food and clothes etc. Please help!? I know I can't send him packages but I mean I know that I can buy things from their catalogs and send them a money order and have them regulary send them to the inmate? Please help!!!

~Bella~
No, you may not order things to be sent to him. He is required to order what he needs directly from a catalog there at the prison and they will take the money for the items from his account. All you can do is make sure he has enough money. I was told this by a person at the prison when I inquired about it several weeks ago. When inmates order directly through the prison system, then the prison knows such items are acceptable and there is much less work involved for them. So - if you want to help anyone in an Ohio prison, just send money.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:04 AM
Closed

Ugh i can't believe that even Lucasville, OH won't let u send care packages or anything! That majorly sucks!! Oh well..thanks for the info tho.

~Bella~
Old 12-30-2005, 10:58 AM

I'm going to start on Jay's clothes box this weekend. For those of you that have done this, can you get most everything at Walmart? What about the clear raincoats? Thanks.

Michelle
Old 12-30-2005, 05:52 PM

Oh, and one other thing, everything has to be new right? You can't send things they already have at home, can you?

Michelle
Closed Thread