Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OHIO > Ohio Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ohio Prison Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Ohio Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 06-19-2013, 08:20 AM
happy grandma

Default phone number

Does anyone know a number to call to talk to a live person. I tried to call the one on the site but it won't go through. Doesn't ring.
Old 06-19-2013, 08:30 AM
happy grandma

Looking for offender connecy number
Old 06-19-2013, 10:50 AM

1-800-231-0793, I believe...... Call first thing in the morning.
Old 06-19-2013, 11:06 AM
happy grandma

Thank you so much
Old 06-23-2013, 08:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by watrn2002 View Post
So I have a cell phone, I have had a GTL prpaid account for 7 months that my man has been at CRC. Now he is at Ross and it is in a 740 area code. So I tried google voice, with a 740 area code. It is blocked, I am assuming because GTL knows that it is a forwarding number. Does anyone know if I could get a prepaid phone from Verizon? Do they still need to know my zip code, address, bill, etc? I am trying to make this as cheap as possible. I am in a 614 area code. This whole thing was easy for me until he moved to Ross. Now I am attempting to be creative and it is not working! Help!
I bought a prepaid phone for $30.00 online at walmart and it came with a 1000 minute prepaid card. When I activated it, I requested a 740 area code. He buys the phone minutes at the commissary and calls for 90 cents. I have to buy a prepaid card for $30.00 every 30 days. Oh and forgot to mention he added the number to the phone list and I got a call requesting permission for him to call. It was easy and I believe it is totally legit with the prisons(so far) and I don't have to deal with the global tel as much.
The Following User Says Thank You to partner For This Useful Post:
auntie2 (02-19-2014)
Old 06-27-2013, 10:57 AM
happy grandma

So I have an account with GTL but its not pre paid. Will it screw up my account if I go in & try to get a pre paid. We don't have any money on the account now, wanted to check here first.
Old 03-03-2014, 07:56 PM

so if i change my cell phone number to the area hes at and set up my GTL account by sending my phone bill and utility bill theyll block me bc i dont live in that area? also i am putting money on his phone account now so he can call my GV number but he said after 3 month theyll take his money bc he owes so much restetution for his case. PLEASE HELP!!!
Old 03-03-2014, 09:00 PM
Account Closed

Thanked 1,683 Times in 954 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by allyshriver View Post
so if i change my cell phone number to the area hes at and set up my GTL account by sending my phone bill and utility bill theyll block me bc i dont live in that area? also i am putting money on his phone account now so he can call my GV number but he said after 3 month theyll take his money bc he owes so much restetution for his case. PLEASE HELP!!!

If you change your cell # to where he is located you don't have to set up an account with GTL - you can put $$ on his phone account on offender connect portal. And the calls will be pre paid. Also, they don't take $$ from his phone account so you can put $$ on there so he can call you. It's ONLY when you put $$ on his fund account (his books) is when they take money that he owes.
Old 03-04-2014, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a&jalways View Post

If you change your cell # to where he is located you don't have to set up an account with GTL - you can put $$ on his phone account on offender connect portal. And the calls will be pre paid. Also, they don't take $$ from his phone account so you can put $$ on there so he can call you. It's ONLY when you put $$ on his fund account (his books) is when they take money that he owes.
thank you so much! ive been freaking out about that because he owes like $39,000 and i cant go without talkin to him on the phone, ill go crazy. his caseworker is saying that if i call the clerk of courts here and set up a payment plan and pay something each month and send in the paper to the prison that the prison wont take his money so idk what to do.
Old 03-20-2015, 06:49 PM

Default local area discount?

Got a question, hoping maybe someone will help.

I have a GTL phone account (not the inmates phone acct but mine). We were hoping the price of the calls would drop after 5 pm, but they didn't.

So to keep phone expenses down I will be changing my cell# to the local area code.

My question is this, will it actually be any cheaper per call (On my phone acct)???
Right now he cannot use his phone acct, so I have to be sure I set it up through GTL on my phone acct.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 03-28-2015, 01:26 PM

If I remember correctly... My calls dropped from him calling from Ohio to Nevada at $15 per $15 minutes down to $5 when I got into his area code.
Old 03-31-2015, 08:31 PM

Good news. Starting tomorrow calls are decreasing to.05 a min !!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rmsumpter67 For This Useful Post:
myliss (04-01-2015)
Old 04-01-2015, 11:05 AM
miss myliss (:

what rmsumpter6 said!! All calls anywhere in the United States are ONLY .75 cents!!! (15 minute calls) I'm so happy that finally did this..unfortunately, now it'll be a lot harder to get phone time!
Old 04-01-2015, 03:21 PM

Yess much harder !! My SO just called me said itll be harder to call.. he usually calls about 3 tines a day so he can talk to me and our daughter.. he sAid this time a day where he can usually walk right up, there is a line. As we were talking he said generally there may be three guys behind him, he counted 12 !!!