Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > LOUISIANA > Louisiana Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Louisiana Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Louisiana Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 11-21-2017, 12:08 AM

Default Who to contact to have good time calculated

My husband is a D.O.C. inmate that is housed at Livingston parish.he has received his new release date, which is Jan. 14, 2018. He also participated in a substance abuse class in September to October of 2017 he passed the test to then receive his 90 days good time. And 90 days from Jan. 14, 20q8 is now! Past this current date. I can't get a ersonon the phone to see about his good time to be added and his time re calculayed. Is there a # and/or name that I can call to tall to a person and have this fixed so he can be home. Please anything would help. Idk what to do.
Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-21-2017, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redlynne View Post
My husband is a D.O.C. inmate that is housed at Livingston parish.he has received his new release date, which is Jan. 14, 2018. He also participated in a substance abuse class in September to October of 2017 he passed the test to then receive his 90 days good time. And 90 days from Jan. 14, 20q8 is now! Past this current date. I can't get a ersonon the phone to see about his good time to be added and his time re calculayed. Is there a # and/or name that I can call to tall to a person and have this fixed so he can be home. Please anything would help. Idk what to do.
Thanks.
9 times out of 10 like the Doc hotline says it takes up to 90 days for time calculations. I know people who have had the same situation u described and had to wait to be released. The good news is, his release date is jan14. So at least he wont have to wait the full 90 days. Good luck getting someone on the phone. If they do calculate it before 90 days they will immediate release him.
Old 11-21-2017, 08:26 AM
Crazy Cajun Super Moderator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member PTO Super Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 18,270 Times in 7,143 Posts

Louisiana DOC takes its good old sweet time calculating time. It will also depend on when Livingston Parish sends the paperwork to Baton Rouge, unless they do their own calculations, which I doubt since he is a DOC inmate. Getting a number to call about that? Good luck with that. Been there don't. At this point, it's a waiting game.

Old 11-21-2017, 11:49 AM

Thanked 1,541 Times in 615 Posts

I attended a meeting of the Capital City Reentry group in Baton Rouge. You could try reaching out to them. There were people at the meeting from different agencies as well as dept of corrections. If they don't have an answer, they can direct you. Here's a link to their site-http://caparc.org/about.html They also have a form online that you can use to contact them. It may just be a waiting game but at least you can check into it. Hope you get good news soon.
The Following User Says Thank You to GaReform For This Useful Post:
LifeTraveler (11-22-2017)