Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 03-10-2006, 08:47 AM

Default Do you ever sweat the mailman....

My guy only gets to call about once a week for 15 minutes, so the mail is like our life line. Sometimes I feel like I am sweating the mailman like a dope fiend! I told my baby the other day if the mailman didn't drop a letter in my box I was going to have to jack him up! Now y'all know I am not serious, but there are times when my emotions are all involved in the mail delivery. Does this happen to any of you?
Old 03-10-2006, 08:53 AM

yes. i catch myself window tweaking all day! i don't get calls at all, so the mail is all i have! my bf thinks it's funny how i practically tackle the mailman when he FIANLLY gets to my mailbox, lol

Old 03-10-2006, 09:02 AM

the way my mailman pulls his hand from the box you'd think I'm was a vicious dog about to take his hand w/ my mail I jump so fast for it. I stare out windows and i even know the sound of his delivery truck by heart! I'd have to saw I sweat the mailman for sure.
Old 03-10-2006, 09:47 AM
NOTHING IS TO MUCH!!

Thumbs up

I Can Feel Myself Hold My Breath Awaiting That Mail Man To Pull Away So I Can Get To The Box To See If My Life Line Is In And It Can Make My Day Seem So Sweet When I See He`s Thought Of Me Today .
Old 03-10-2006, 10:29 AM
More than words....

I have a P.O. Box so I go everyday on my lunch break at 12:00. Most of the time the mail is there but if it's not I always go find the mail boy and ask him to put my mail in my box. I get like 4-5 letters a week so sometimes I wonder what the mail boy must think about the prison mail. And sometimes I will get a letter like 3 weeks to a month late and I know it has to be my post office because the postmark from his is like 3 weeks ago. Sometimes I feel myself getting angry but I never say anything.
Old 03-10-2006, 10:34 AM
Donation Award 

I watch for the mailman daily....and gage our last visit by the number of letters I get in the next week....I haven't gotten any mail this week, so I'm sad...is he???
Old 03-10-2006, 12:57 PM
loving my man

I used to drive home everyday at lunch to get my mail! Then I moved and this mailman doesn't ocme until like 3pm ....so I have to wait until after work!

But yes I definitley sweat the mailman.

Old 03-10-2006, 01:37 PM
Together We R Everything

Guilty as well. I am so happy when he pulls up and then its like wtf is taking so long to finish all the boxes. And then when I dont get a letter Im like damn what did I ever do to him? LOL I know its not the mailmans fault but funny I always blame it on him. LOL

Old 03-10-2006, 02:22 PM
Closed

I've always loved getting mail... from anyone. There's a funny story- when I was in the 8th grade I didn't do my civics assignment which I found out later was to decide who should get the money from the national budget. Well I was called up at the last minute and just picked some things from the list.
Well then I had to explain why I put the US postal service first... why not for defense or for Medicare? ... my quit wit on the Medicare one was how will they get their checks without the post office... Ok, so it was cute at the time.

Yes, I still sweat the mail man...
Old 03-10-2006, 02:46 PM

I used to in the beginning...but it's been a year now. So the sweating of the mailman has stopped for now. I haven't gotten one from him in about a month..but he says because of school...now it's over so we'll see if it picks up.

Until I Am Worry Free!!
Old 03-10-2006, 05:03 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 23,012 Times in 7,140 Posts

You're kidding, right? My Postmaster (Small towns, gotta love 'em) asks me if everything is Okay if I'm not there by 10:35 am (all my friends know I won't be home between 10:25 and 11am, or as it's known here "Mail O' Clock"), he apologizes if they're running behind...and if too much time passes without my recieving something marked "State Prison", he asks if anything's wrong!

In memory of Mrs. Dragoness

Speak your mind-
Even if your voice shakes

Specializing in pest control- Site Exterminator.

Last edited by LeBeau; 03-10-2006 at 05:04 PM..
Old 03-10-2006, 05:23 PM
over with

I just moved and this mailman sometimes dont get here till 5 . But hes a really nice guy he always ask about Dave since he use to be Daves mailman when he was out. The first day I moved here I had outgoing mail and he says oh you have outgoing I said yea I will everyday lol. Hes like alright then hes a nice guy Im glad. I couldnt stand the maillady I had before I moved.
Old 03-10-2006, 05:26 PM
Closed

My mailman comes at 11. I start peeking out the window around 10:50. One day last week he didnt show til 11:20 and I about lost it!
Old 03-10-2006, 05:37 PM
In a good place!
Donation Award 

If i catch the mailman on my way out, i always ask him if he's got mail for me... specifically USA mail!! When he aint, i just tell him that hes no good to me!! LOL I used to work with him, so he knows tha im only playing with him.
Old 03-10-2006, 05:55 PM

shoot... i feel like i'm a stalker... sometimes i literaly run to the end of my drive way to get the mail... i know the sound of the truck.... one day me and my mom were sitting at the table talking and i heard him and i asked if it was the mail man and she said yes and started laughing... hehe can't help it

Loving My Inmate Member #107
Faithfully Waiting Member #91
Strictly You and Me Member
Missing my Soulmate Member #50
Hoping for Parole member #14

Old 03-14-2006, 02:26 AM

I am guilty as well. Since I ususally don't have time between work and school my daughter will call me and let me know if I have "Ian-mail". If she doesn't call by my first break at school I will call and make sure she has checked the mail.
To make matters worse I know the pick up times of the post offixews by my house, school and work. Plus I know which post office gets the mail there fastest, I think I may have a problem.

Old 03-17-2006, 10:06 AM
loved!

Thanked 1,146 Times in 714 Posts

i am a proud member of the I WILL HURT THE MAILMAN CLUB! bring me my mail EVERY DAY, and ON TIME!

my mailman KNOWS i don't get down like that...we will FIGHT if he doesn't have my MAIL!