Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Wives & Girlfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wives & Girlfriends in Prison For everyone who has a wife, girlfriend, or female partner incarcerated.

Old 06-26-2008, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenglove View Post
Hi SPERRY, and welcome to PTO.
You're sure to find much information and support here on this site. It's a big place and takes some getting used to.
I'd like to bring to your attention that this forum is directed toward men that have wives and girlfriends who are incarcerated. That's not to say that we aren't welcome here...I post here all the time. But for you to recieve the most support from another woman in your shoes, I'd suggest that you post in the Husbands & Boyfriends Forum. That said, these gentlemen in this forum are a real treasure, and I love and respect each one of them, so don't hesitate to come on back in here. They love us! (Go on guys, I double dog dare ya to tell me ya don't...LOL ***ummmmm...no wisecracks from you, jsnake! I'm still fumin' that your hounds got all the ribs! LOL***)
I know you'll find your way around all the niches soon. So, once again, welcome to PTO!
You know we love ya
The Following User Says Thank You to metro3480 For This Useful Post:
PTO-92958 (06-26-2008)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2008, 07:25 PM
---------------
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,489 Times in 3,829 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unhappy n Hobby View Post
** Standing up **

Hello, my name is Mike...and my lady Jenn, is unhappy in Hobby Unit somewhere in the bowels of Texas called Marlin. I am a Gemini, but I have played a Scorpio on TV. I found PTO when I was on the internet doing research on Jim Bakker's PTL club. I made a typo and found PTO. It's not a true story, but it sounds great so I am sticking to it!

I have a wicked sense of humor and often use Cyndi Lauper as the butt of my jokes. I do this because I can and because the only other thing I really remember from the 1980's is Dana Plato from Diff'rent Strokes.

I live in the Pacific Northwest. It's often called God's country, but my heart is there locked away in Marlin, Texas, that is often called Hell. It looks like I'll be on this site for a while, so I am pulling up an extra cot if anyone needs someone to talk to or looking for a good laugh..I'm usually good for both. I'm not very smart or not very good looking but I am funny. It's taken me 47 years to realize that girls are big fat liars (or crossing their fingers behind their backs) when they say they prefer a sense of humor over looks or brains. I know that is true, other wise I would be be married, happily or otherwise. But I am not. Sorry, I was hoping my bitterness wouldn't show. I do get to unleash that during my posts on another site called wives & girl friends lied to me.com

When I am not here or in the Texas forum on PTO i a can be found at any McDonalds, first booth right near the door. the guy with the old ball cap. Yeah that's me.

Again, my name is Mike and I am glad to be here.

**sitting down**
You will fit right in!!!
Welcome to PTO and to this zany forum that I soooooo love to crash!
Old 06-26-2008, 07:55 PM
Registered Member
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,970 Times in 1,204 Posts

Hello all,

I originally wasn't gonna post an intoduction cuz i figured that this area was mainly for the guys, but i've since seen that you guys welcome the women that pop in around here, here goes...

So, currently my boyfriend is locked up in the LA County jail awaiting an "add charge". He was due to be released early this week from the state, but the county of Los Angeles had something else in mind .

I've just recently started coming around this forum & i might stay a while...(if that's ok w/ you guys of course) i like it over here.

Old 06-26-2008, 07:55 PM
IT'S OFFICIALLY OVER!
Donation Award 

What a great bunch of guys!!! Glad to know that my buddies Krummy and Metro have good company and that Golden is keeping a close watch you guys and now we know where she's been slipping off to so often!!

I might just have to start popping in here more often myself! LOL!
Old 06-26-2008, 08:29 PM
Banned

Goldy, Mz Johnson and the rest of the ladies come to watch us guys only when we do the cyber nude strip shows that we have for cybering paying customers....some of us are more popular than others for various reasons....so come one and all....and pick your favorite(s)...
Old 06-27-2008, 08:22 AM

yes jsnake how silly of me to think doing a cyber show like that with a red clown nose on would be appealing to the ladies in the room?
The Following User Says Thank You to Unhappy n Hobby For This Useful Post:
jsnake (06-27-2008)
Old 07-03-2008, 10:11 PM

Writing from Phoenix Arizona, AKA HELL

My wife of 12 years is serving 8 months in jail for 2 felony DUI's. I know 8 months is not long compared to others here that have loved ones locked up for years, yet its been so hard raising my kids on my own for the last few months. My daughter is 11 and going thru puberty and sure could use Mama here. My 7 year old son doesnt talk about it that much. I know both of them are happy that Mama has been sober for the 1st time in many years. I have learned if I have to raise these kids myself that I can, yet I sure would like to keep my marriage with my best friend going on and on raising these kids together. I will not put them thru anymore BS that they have seen being too young to experiencing things like that at such a young age. I sure hope she changes like she says she has, as I wont keep holding onto hope as my mother did for so many years with my dad who was constantly in the Penn most of my life. Live and Learn is what I am doing, I pray to god she will too.

Last edited by DARIASFORLIFE; 07-03-2008 at 10:13 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to DARIASFORLIFE For This Useful Post:
jsnake (07-04-2008)
Old 08-20-2008, 09:10 AM

Hi I am known as rkasbaum, not very originial but when I got on this site I was not a happy camper. My baby Jessica is currently in the Washington State Corrections Center for Women in Gig Harbor and I miss her so much! We met on line while my marriage which had for all intents and purposed died many years ago! We were completely honest with each other and knew her doign prinson time was most likely and she was really surprised and happy that I stayed and gave our relationship a chance to grow. We've been talking of living together marriage and yes even children even at my age (48). Over half of our relationship has been with her locked up. She is closing in on work release and we're hoping that the house I got for us clears. The tremendous level of honesty we have I feel says that we're comfortable with each other and the fact that our love has surviced says something about that! Thanks for being there to listen to me.
Old 08-21-2008, 12:13 AM

Thanks for joining us, rkasbaum, welcome! Your situation is strikingly similar to mine. Failed marriage, fell in love with a woman with charges hanging over her head, you know the rest. You've come to the right place to get through it!

Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you are right!
Old 08-21-2008, 06:29 AM

It does not matter how long our loved ones are serving, or how they are serving, we are seperated from them and it is tough. You have come to the right place. We laugh, we cry, we yell, but we mostly support each other through these difficult times.

While there is life, there is time.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:37 AM
Banned

Welcome rkasbaum to PTO and especially the wives and girlfriends forum. I always want to say we are glad to have you join but that sounds like I glad someone went to prison so you had to find us. And that is not the case. Anyhow if you had to find a site this is the best on the web.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:55 PM
just a baby mamma

Thanked 1,131 Times in 627 Posts

Let's see I'm codasgirl I frequent the wives forum, i stumbled across this forum b/c i saw a thread that WifejailedinAZ started and it brought tears to my eys....
I'm 24, ( i know i'm young) but i've been around the block a time or two lol, I am not a naive person, unlike my fiance i have never done a prison term, i just know the drug business and how to make your house look nice for the cops! lol!
If you see me you will notice i am the complete opposite of coda.
This prison term he is in for robbery and burglary, but wouldn't you know.. he never got out of the car! But b/c of his priors ( he robbed a gun store at 17 and was tried as a adult, sent to a max prison) they automatically gave him a 2nd strike. Now if you don't know much about the 3strike law, here in WA it is very serious, so now when he gets out we will be moving to AZ. Where the laws are less, not that i think he will be getting in trouble again it's nice to know what the laws are ya know?
so that's me, this is my life, but you know what I still thank God everyday, we could have gotten 5 years, but we took the deal of a year and a day with a second strike
Old 08-21-2008, 07:09 PM

hmmmmmmm i find it odd i never seen this introduce yourself thread How come no one ever showed it to me?its all good though cause just like just like a bad penny i wont go away. And im gonna tell you all my story rather you like it or not , My name is Margie im 37 yrs old born and raised in the Hoosier state (gooooo Colts) Peyton Manning is my husband, ok not really but a girl can always dream right? 5 years ago we moved to the Hawkeye state (go hawks) and then last year my husbands nephew was sentenced to 10 mos in a fed pen in Minnesota and then promptly removed from the US on a deportation detainer. Found PTO when i was searching for info to help him. He got out in July and i cant get out of PTO or wives and girlfriends. Then a few days ago my sister in Indiana called to tell me that now MY nephew was facing 20yrs state time so i guess you all will have to put up with me a little longer.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to im his tia For This Useful Post:
I'mHerQueen (08-21-2008), jsnake (09-20-2008)
Old 08-23-2008, 06:51 AM
Banned

codasgril, glad you stopped by and posted. Feel free to come in whenever you want or feel the need. I hope yours and his time will be swift.

tia, girl you are a hoot. Glad you found the intro forum. Welcome and come back any time.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:35 PM

I am a Corrections Officer and have worked in several states Vermont, West Virginia. I have a somewhat different philosphy on treating inmates, I don't give a lot of disciplinary reports aka as tickets, prefer to talk to inmates and give them the negative consquences about their behavior. I am in love with an IL DOC inmate (never worked or supervised the inmate).

Unlike most officers I don't get a big kick out of cell searches and tossing an inmate's cell and will actually take a personal interest in an inmates problems, but draw the line at having a personal relationship with an inmate that i supervise. I am available to answer any corrections you may have.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vtco For This Useful Post:
I'mHerQueen (09-23-2008), jsnake (09-20-2008), Tahnzie (10-03-2008)
Old 09-19-2008, 09:02 PM

Welcome, vtco! I'm sorry I didn't say so earlier. I'm sure you have an insight into the daily lives of our loved ones that the rest of us don't necessarily have. I appreciate you offering answers to questions we may have. The guys and gals here offer a wealth of support and humor; always, it seems, when it's needed the most!

The Following User Says Thank You to nick3369 For This Useful Post:
I'mHerQueen (09-23-2008)
Old 09-19-2008, 10:30 PM
---------------
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtco View Post
I am a Corrections Officer and have worked in several states Vermont, West Virginia. I have a somewhat different philosphy on treating inmates, I don't give a lot of disciplinary reports aka as tickets, prefer to talk to inmates and give them the negative consquences about their behavior. I am in love with an IL DOC inmate (never worked or supervised the inmate).

Unlike most officers I don't get a big kick out of cell searches and tossing an inmate's cell and will actually take a personal interest in an inmates problems, but draw the line at having a personal relationship with an inmate that i supervise. I am available to answer any corrections you may have.
Hi vtco, and welcome to the W&G forum.
I see you've been a member here for a while. Nice to see you in here introducing yourself. I haven't had the pleasure before.
I hope you find alot of support and comaradarie here, that is certainly around in abundance. And thank you for offering up your knowledge to share as well.
I grew up in VT. The Rutland region. Skiing was a big part of my life, to say the least.
Again, welcome.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:06 PM
BIGBURT

VTCO - welcome I hope you and your significant other all the best. Glad you have come here to "The Wives & Girlfriends" forum, I'm kinda of biased but I think it is the best part of PTO. Enjoy your time here and jump right into our discussions. I especially value your views as a CO, that just adds another needed point of view.
Old 09-23-2008, 05:53 AM
Banned

BigBurt...

such sweet words from a lovable huggable fella like you...seems to me that the Awards Theme needs to start all over with you being a Mushy part of the forum..
Old 09-27-2008, 05:46 PM
Matthew

Default My wife...inside

My name is Matthew, and my wife is now incarcerated in Victorville FCP. I took her to Self-Surrender yesterday. (the absolute worst moment of my life). This is the sweet, soft-spoken mother of my two boys. So, right now, Im just trying to keep my head above water.
The Following User Says Thank You to TXtoCAmatthew For This Useful Post:
nick3369 (09-27-2008)
Old 09-27-2008, 06:11 PM

Welcome, Matthew, thank you for introducing yourself to us! I'm sorry that you're here, but you've found a great group of people to lean on here. I believe you when you say that taking her to self-surrender was the hardest thing you've had to do. For me, I remember that day in court at her sentencing, over 4 years ago. I remember what I wore and where I sat. I remember the look in her eyes right before she left the courtroom. I remember stopping just short of putting my fist through the courtroom wall! I remember every excruciating second of that day as though it were yesterday (although strangely enough, I can't even remember what I had for lunch yesterday!)

All that aside, I find this forum offers the right amount of advice, support, humor, and good people who genuinely care. I hope you feel the same. Welcome!

The Following User Says Thank You to nick3369 For This Useful Post:
Guilty (07-13-2016)
Old 09-27-2008, 06:28 PM
---------------
Donation Award 

Welcome to PTO and to the Wives & Girlfriends forum Matthew!
As Nick said, this is a wonderful place to come to where you can seek support, advice, and sometimes just escape the stresses of this difficult road we travel through the jungle of DOC.
Old 09-28-2008, 04:02 AM
Banned

welcome Matthew..

you will meet some of the coolest ppl on this earth in this forum and PTO in general.....
Old 09-28-2008, 10:26 PM
Registered Member
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,205 Times in 1,641 Posts
Default MY intro--since jsnake missed it the first time ;)

wellll since my first one musta accidentally got erased and jsnake missed it.....heres my long awaited for intro, near about one year after signing up and venturing into this forum.

well, it doesnt take much to see that i'm gina, and the man is james, and we've been together since november 2005. i'm 21, will be 22 in february. i'm way more mature (when im not in this forum) because ive been thru some bad sh*t in my life. i have a three year old named curtis <3. hes adopted. he was my best friends baby. hes the most important "man" in my life. i went to school for criminal justice so i can be a parole/probation officer. that's pretty much worthless now (keep reading to find out why).

i met james thru a mutual friend who neither of us talk to anymore for our own reasons. the two of them talk, when they end up in county together. go figure, everyone wants to get friendly again when theyre stuck in jail with ya.

jamie's been doing this bid on and off since january 2004. we met while he was out on ISP (intensive super vision program aka parole on steroids and 5 shots of tequila). hes been in and out times since he originally went in on this charge.

"this" charge i keep referring to was formally over sept 22, 2008 but low and behold, he gone found his way back into jail in june while on parole on new charges. he's an alcoholic and does stupid stuff when hes drunk. he's awaiting sentencing. he denied his first plea of 4 years for hopes of a second better plea. a release doesnt look like it will be in the near future...but i will wait for him as i always do.

i found my way into the system because some a-hole "friend" refuses to admit the truth. my car, my responsibility.gotta love the law. im lookin at 3-7 years if they dont drop any of my charges or downgrade any of them. i have a second degree charge along with a couple 3rd degs. all felony charges. and this is why my education suddenly became meaningless in a matter of 15 minutes over the summer this year. i am still awaiting sentencing. my case is to be seen before the grand jury sometime in november-december.

we're expecting our second daughter in february (we lost our first one, stillborn, in june 2006). there are major complications in the pregnancy. the doctor said its the stress of him being away and my case thats doing this. i come to w&g to have a good time and not stress out over BS.

im not afraid of going back to jail because i know parole is a sure possibility for me because i have no priors in my adult file and only one misdemeanor in my juvi (possession/paraphernalia). and it really wasnt that bad....jail doesnt scare me or get me nervous. being away from my kids scares the shit out of me.

well. thats about all i think. that's my intro =)

Old 10-02-2008, 02:11 AM

I finally decided to surf this thread and discovered that I don't have a post in here. Maybe I made one and it disappeared in the server hiccup, I don't know. Either way, it's quarter to three, I can't sleep and so I'm going to write something.

I am noisyninja. I am called that because I work as an audio engineer in the entertainment industry, and I've been told I have "ninja-like" skills. That struck me as odd, as ninjas are supposed to be quiet. My job requires me to make a lot of noise. Either way, the name stuck.

My wife is in prison in another state. The specifics of her incarceration are a topic I've chosen not to discuss, simply because the issue was incredibly complicated and there is still activity in her case. This is the first time she has ever been imprisoned for anything, and the arrest leading to it was the first time she'd ever been arrested. I've never been arrested. This incident is our first run-in with the justice system, and it's been a very sobering experience.

We like to think we're a pretty cool couple. We're in our late 20s/early 30s and have been together for about eight years. We came together because we simply shared too many common interests. She is not only my love but also my best friend, and she feels the same about me. We have made it through a handful of pretty rough patches in our relationship, but this is absolutely the worst. However, there is a bright side to this. It proves how bulletproof we are. If we can stick together through this, then there is nothing in this world that we cannot tackle.

We live in the suburbs, we have a house on a quiet street in a quiet town. We pay our taxes, donate to charities, vote in elections and are well liked by most people we meet. She's got a fiery personality and a wild sense of humor, I'm a bit more reserved. We have a nice balance though. We have two dogs, but no children of our own. We plan to fix that once she's home. We like to spend time with friends, play board and card games, drink a little. We're both creative (and in creative jobs), and we dabble in painting, drawing, writing and music.

Our recent experience has been pretty traumatic, and has caused us to take a long look at our lives, where we've been and where we plan to go in the future. We've often talked about relocating out of the country, and have had a few opportunities to do so in our careers. Now that this has occurred, we are thinking much more about it, and once she's home and through her parole period we are thinking very seriously about relocating to Europe or Asia. It's still a bit far away, but it's an exciting prospect.

So that's who I am, and a little about the incredible woman I'm married to. I'm glad I found this place, as it's been tremendously helpful as we've been figuring out how to navigate the corrections system. We are very grateful to have stumbled upon you guys and girls.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to noisyninja For This Useful Post:
bean123 (10-02-2008), JaycieDnTejas (10-02-2008)