Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, work release and community service in the State of Arizona.

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2006, 01:28 PM
nyconvict nyconvict is offline
Registered User

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NY, usa
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unhappy Need some help with verifiable address

I will quikly outline my situation; I was convicted in 2000 in NY for a sale and sentenced to 6 to life under the rockefeller laws. Did work release and now have done 2 years of parole. I want to transfer to AZ. I have no family there or wife. I am 100 % disabled on disability for a bad heart. In fact I have been going to the AZ Heart Insitute for an experimental stem cell treatment for my heart. I have even been approved for a mortgage on a home out there.
I called a lawyer in AZ and upon advice I presented my PO with a mortgage approval and letter from parents, letter of support from my parents, letters from dr's saying I should be relocated to AZ for the research study and my health. Both he and supervisor refuse to put in transfer application without verifiable address. Catch 22, because I can not sign a contract or even a lease without knowing whether or not I'll be able to live in the house or apt. Plus, they say someone has to be there to show them the place. How can I do that if I'm here? PO said come up with an address, like a girlfriend or something and he'll put it in. Is this my only answer? If so, are there any groups, support or otherwise that could help me with a verifiable address?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2006, 10:08 PM
Aimee1's Avatar
Aimee1 Aimee1 is offline

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Arizona
Posts: 4,331
Thanks: 6
Thanked 38 Times in 28 Posts

Try searching for a short term hotel, like a Budget Suites or something. We have a lot of those here. You can live there and pay rent week to week without a lease, and then have an address. Or you could try a shelter or some other type of transitional housing. Good luck!


Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 01:58 AM
lizzy1234 lizzy1234 is offline
Registered User

Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: az
Posts: 291
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

Where in AZ are planning to live? Phoenix? I have address for phoenix rescue mission 602-233-3000 ext 125 they will house you for free or for extended stay at a small fee. I hope that helps. if you are going to tucson let me know, i have lots of address for tucson. feel free to send private email.
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Need some help with verifiable adddress nyconvict Probation, Parole & Supervision 1 11-02-2006 03:53 PM

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:10 AM.
Copyright © 2001- 2019 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics