Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) - California
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) - California Topic and discussion specific to Pleasant Valley State Prison (PVSP) in Coalinga, California.

Old 09-12-2018, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by krystalkane54 View Post
GOT MY CALLS TODAY LADIES ALL IS GREAT.... I AM FEELING LIKE I WON THE LOTTO LOL... Hope everyone receives their calls
It's an amazing day
Sponsored Links
Old 09-13-2018, 07:58 AM

According to VPass, A yard is still on lockdown. Darn.
Old 09-13-2018, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxpyacymmzy View Post
According to VPass, A yard is still on lockdown. Darn.
I'm sorry. Hopefully they will be off very soon.
Old 09-30-2018, 10:22 AM

Has anyone heard anything about the riots that's been happening or why c yard is on lockdown
Old 09-30-2018, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Has anyone heard anything about the riots that's been happening or why c yard is on lockdown

I believe that yards that have Bulldogs and South Siders will be on modified program/lockdown. Avenal is also on lockdown due to riots happening yesterday.
Old 09-30-2018, 10:41 AM

Thats what i have been hearing everywhere I pray everything is ok
Old 09-30-2018, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Thats what i have been hearing everywhere I pray everything is ok
Is this just a precaution or is there normally a violent reaction throughout all yards with gangs members? I'm so new to all of this every little incident is freaking me out.
Old 09-30-2018, 05:42 PM

At this point it's a precaution and nothing has happened at PVSP. They went on lockdown Friday night but still allowed visiting on Saturday. I was at visit yesterday and they removed all Bulldogs from visit at 230 and everyone else ended at 3 as normal. On the way out they had signs saying no visiting for C yard today.
Old 09-30-2018, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunkiss3d View Post
At this point it's a precaution and nothing has happened at PVSP. They went on lockdown Friday night but still allowed visiting on Saturday. I was at visit yesterday and they removed all Bulldogs from visit at 230 and everyone else ended at 3 as normal. On the way out they had signs saying no visiting for C yard today.
I just got the update from vpass that no visit this coming weekend
The Following User Says Thank You to hogi2376 For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (10-01-2018)
Old 10-01-2018, 12:06 PM

Any word ladies?
Old 10-01-2018, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Any word ladies?
Nothing here! I've been praying that I get a call.
Old 10-01-2018, 12:45 PM

You and me both I am in this group on FB and one of the ladies was saying that there was indeed a riot at PVSP as well on C yard and that one person for sure had to go to the hospital. So I am more than a little worried I am praying that this lockdown doesn't last forever
Old 10-01-2018, 12:47 PM

Quote:
You and me both I am in this group on FB and one of the ladies was saying that there was indeed a riot at PVSP as well on C yard and that one person for sure had to go to the hospital. So I am more than a little worried I am praying that this lockdown doesn't last forever
I'm freaking scared. What's the group again
Old 10-01-2018, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogi2376 View Post
I'm freaking scared. What's the group again
PVSP Wives and loved ones support
Old 10-03-2018, 08:30 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,999 Times in 801 Posts
Default Lockdown

Has anyone heard anything? Any new info?
"There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. And then you cash in on guilt"--Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Old 10-03-2018, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris1 View Post
Has anyone heard anything? Any new info?
Nothing here....I'm praying for a call tomorrow
Old 10-04-2018, 04:47 PM
Donation Award 

Default Lockdown

Is anyone even getting letters? I haven't even gotten a letter.
"There's no way to rule innocent men. The only power government has is the power to crack down on criminals. When there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws. And then you cash in on guilt"--Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged
Old 10-04-2018, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morris1 View Post
Is anyone even getting letters? I haven't even gotten a letter.
I've gotten 1 letter written the day before the ld
The Following User Says Thank You to hogi2376 For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (10-05-2018)
Old 10-06-2018, 09:15 AM
Donation Award 

Default Lockdown

I don't recall not getting mail during a lockdown. The last one they had I still got mail. Strange. Anyone heard anything yet?
Old 10-09-2018, 08:17 AM

I have been getting mail since the lock down there was some type of incident at Pvsp they have been moving a lot of south siders out of the building my hubby is in they moved like 30 in one day
Old 12-05-2018, 10:28 AM

My relative arrived in September and had a package shipped to the facility mid-October. Due to the extensive modified lockdowns, he has not been able to receive his package, go to store, make any phone calls, and not allowed sign up sheets for the law library.

He has been able to write to us that the captain of the C yard; M. Martin and other C.O's have been favoring bulldogs and instigating tensions and fighting between the groups. The lack of professionalism & ethics is very concerning; as we were warned of possible violence, and now a riot occured with 5 people hospitalized @ PVSP.

Please let me know if inmates have received packages on C Yard as of October. Also if someone can give me the number for VPass updates on lockdowns.I appreciate it!

The inmates rights are being taken away and unfortunately now their safety and lives maybe too.

Blessings to you and your loved ones locked up in this shit hole : (
The Following User Says Thank You to RD1love For This Useful Post:
hogi2376 (Yesterday)
Old 12-05-2018, 12:23 PM

My husband has been writing me saying the same thing. I ordered his package October 1st and it took damn near a month for him to get it and he is an other not involved in any of the bull going on. It took me have to write a letter to the receiving department and calling continuously until I finally talked to Lieutenant and my husband then got his package within three days but that was in November. This is the worst prison that we have ever experienced as far as the staff goes and they way they choose to not adhere to the rules. I am so sick of this prison it is crazy. We have been here since May and have been trying to get transferred out since the day he got off the bus. God Bless you and your loved one I am always praying all the men involved and the families that support them

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD1love View Post
My relative arrived in September and had a package shipped to the facility mid-October. Due to the extensive modified lockdowns, he has not been able to receive his package, go to store, make any phone calls, and not allowed sign up sheets for the law library.

He has been able to write to us that the captain of the C yard; M. Martin and other C.O's have been favoring bulldogs and instigating tensions and fighting between the groups. The lack of professionalism & ethics is very concerning; as we were warned of possible violence, and now a riot occured with 5 people hospitalized @ PVSP.

Please let me know if inmates have received packages on C Yard as of October. Also if someone can give me the number for VPass updates on lockdowns.I appreciate it!

The inmates rights are being taken away and unfortunately now their safety and lives maybe too.

Old 12-07-2018, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD1love View Post

V-Pass Phone # is (800) 374-8474. Non-Affiliated were off modified for some time in Oct/Nov and packages were released to them. It you have a concern about your family member safety or issues with a CO address it to the PIO/AA Lt. Benavides. General concerns contact the Ombudsmen. Do it by e-mail, not phone so you can have a record. Their contact info and more is available on the CDCR/PVSP website.