Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NORTH CAROLINA > North Carolina Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

North Carolina Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of North Carolina.

Old 12-13-2020, 09:47 AM

Default Caledonia Restrictive Housing

My son had been at Mountain View in Spruce Pine in Western N.C. Due to virus his whole wing was moved to Caledonia at the east coast in October. He was in general population and has recently been bullied and threatened for canteen money. He actually got a black eye from someone. He did not tell who it was for fear of retaliation. He was taken to the assistant Warden and the warden decided to go ahead and have him moved to minimum custody. He was within 59 months of release which is necessary for minimum status. They said there would be a bus the next week. So for his own safety he decided to ask for restrictive housing until he could be moved. This all happened on Dec 3. He told me he would write to me. As of yet I have not received a letter, but the camp may be slow sending mail. The online profile still says he is there under Rest. housing. He has no infractions, was getting GED, attending AA and NA, going to church, (before virus) never once been in trouble in the 2 years he has been incarcerated. His projected release date had been November 2025. It now says August 2026. Why would it change? Also I believe they are taking visitors once a month. Can someone in Rest housing receive visitors? If he has been moved, I know it takes a couple of days for it to show up on his profile. I'm just concerned to what may be going on. If anyone has ever had a similar problem maybe you could shed some light on this for me. I am sure he is safe since he's in rest. housing, just really want to know what's going on. Don't want to call down there and pester them. I may call tomorrow and just ask them about visitation. Thank you in advance for any advice.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-2020, 08:57 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD
Donation Award 

Thanked 33,398 Times in 16,702 Posts

Im sorry I dont have answers for you but hopefully someone will come along and reply with good info.

As to the mail situation he might need supplies to write (paper/stamps/pencil or pen)
And mail will likely be slow to arrive so just try to be patient! Hang in there!

Old 12-17-2020, 08:00 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emotional View Post
My son had been at Mountain View in Spruce Pine in Western N.C. Due to virus his whole wing was moved to Caledonia at the east coast in October. He was in general population and has recently been bullied and threatened for canteen money. He actually got a black eye from someone. He did not tell who it was for fear of retaliation. He was taken to the assistant Warden and the warden decided to go ahead and have him moved to minimum custody. He was within 59 months of release which is necessary for minimum status. They said there would be a bus the next week. So for his own safety he decided to ask for restrictive housing until he could be moved. This all happened on Dec 3. He told me he would write to me. As of yet I have not received a letter, but the camp may be slow sending mail. The online profile still says he is there under Rest. housing. He has no infractions, was getting GED, attending AA and NA, going to church, (before virus) never once been in trouble in the 2 years he has been incarcerated. His projected release date had been November 2025. It now says August 2026. Why would it change? Also I believe they are taking visitors once a month. Can someone in Rest housing receive visitors? If he has been moved, I know it takes a couple of days for it to show up on his profile. I'm just concerned to what may be going on. If anyone has ever had a similar problem maybe you could shed some light on this for me. I am sure he is safe since he's in rest. housing, just really want to know what's going on. Don't want to call down there and pester them. I may call tomorrow and just ask them about visitation. Thank you in advance for any advice.
At Caledonia they are not receiving visitors they updated ncdoc saying that visitation would be begin but because of the rise in covid cases this is on hold. Combined records are responsible for changing the release date. The camp reports the inmate activity and combined records adjust the dates accordingly. Once he begin to attend classes, or working his time will begin to change back to normal. But restrictive housing will have a negative impact on a release date in nc regardless of the situation.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lifetime30 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (12-19-2020)