Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MISSOURI > Missouri Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Missouri Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Missouri

Old 02-01-2005, 11:38 AM

Default Southeast run around

Just to let you know how it is to get medical records at Southeast Correctional Center in Charleston, MO. I think I know everyone there by now. A few days ago I talked to the head nurse and asked how to get medical records. She said no problem she would send them since a medical release had been signed. After two weeks and no records I called the same nurse and was told it would cost money and the medical records person was not there to tell how much. I asked if a doctor or attorney needed to request them and she said no. I called medical records they said it was $15.00 to pull the records and 35 cents a copy. Didn't know how many pages so couldn't tell me how much to send through JPay. Told her I had a signed medical release as of January 17. She told me it was for verbal info only, had to have another one for written records and that the one signed on Jan. 17 was already expired. Was told I would need to call the nurse. Talked to the same nuse and this time was told that a doctor or attoney would have to request them after the medical release for written records was signed and the right fee paid, which ever that is. Go figure---I think they like to play games.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2005, 07:01 PM
PTO Research Assistant

Sorry to hear about all of this. Yes this is our DOC the master of head games. They make the rules..... and they break the rules. Be persistant. If you have to get some media attention.

Try to contact the Zone Director and see if they will help.
Old 02-03-2005, 10:53 PM

Default Medical info

After playing that game with SECC, I would bypass and go straight to Judy Hudson (just call main DOC number in Jeff City and ask for her). Once you get to Judy Hudson's office, they will probably ask which facility you are calling about and you might get Maggie (I think that is her name...don't quote me). I have my notes upstairs....tell her the facts about what they are telling you down there. Good luck!!!

bex
Old 02-07-2005, 01:28 PM
PTO Research Assistant

Bex, who is Judy Hudson? What does she do or what is or position with the DOC? How can she or Maggie help?