Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Colorado that do not fit into any other Colorado sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 08-02-2006, 05:37 PM

Default Still awaiting the sentencing

hello everyone. for those of you who know my story I have another issue. I went for my sentencing 2-10 doc back on May 31. The community corrections director told me he was going to accept me but on my sentencing date he had yet to enter his report. I have been trying to get ahold of my public defender since july 6. at least 2-3 calls a week. no response. My next sentencing date is Aug 17 and the Judge told me to be prepared to go into custody and he was not to wait anylonger to sentence me. I have contacted the courts and community corrections has not submitted anything. I emailed the director and have yet to hear from him either. Today, I went to the Public Defender office and requested to speake with someone if my attorney was busy and guess what. He don't even work there anymore. I was told my new attorney would be calling me. YEAH right. Now Im gonna have some new attorney who knows nothing about me, my family, or what he's fighting for about to represent me. Any suggestions on what I should do?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2006, 05:46 PM
LOVE'S SO CRAZY

i have no suggestions just keep calling and try if you can get in contact with your new attorney,to at least let more than just paoers do the talking i wish you the best of luck
-Monique

As the word is truning
keep learning
am on my own now
Its just me against the world
with my baby girl
Am going 2 make it
am gonna do it
4 my little angel
with her

Theres nothing to it

Old 08-02-2006, 08:31 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

Oh man...absolutely your new attorney needs to file a continuance with court and explain that he/she needs time to become familiar with your case!!!! I cannot stress this enough...the attorney needs to file it pronto...some judges do not like to be messed with...

If you have been accepted into community corrections, then your attorney needs to get that paperwork fast as well...
Old 08-07-2006, 04:17 PM

i TOTALLY FEEL THE SAME WAY CINDY. I HAVEN'T HEARD A RESPOSE FROM MY EMAIL TO TEH HALFWAY HOUSE. THE JUDGE WAS VERY STERN ABOUT ME GETTING ALL MY AFFAIRS IN ORDER BY THIS UPCOMING COURT DATE BUT IF I CANT GET IN TOUCH WITH MY NEW ATTORNEY HOW DO I ASK HIM ABOUT A CONTINUANCE. I CALLED THE PD OFFICE AGAIN TODAY AND AGAIN I WAS TOLD THAT SOMEONE WILL CALL ME ONCE ASSIGNED, I DONT WANT PAPERWORK TO TELL MY STORY. HOW CAN HE/SHE FIGHT FOR MY FREEDOM WITHOUT KNOWING MY SITUATION. HOW HAVE YOU BEEN CINDY? HOWS SEAN?
Old 08-07-2006, 07:37 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

We're doing fine. Down to less than 200 days, I have a feeling that DOC will have to give him that 18 days because they have no idea how stubborn I am!

Anyway, I woud call the court and ask them what to do. The clerk should be able to help you. As for emailing the halfway house, I would drive over in person and get your report.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:20 PM

Hello Changed. Geez, I thought you were sentenced months ago. If you are talking about the Villa, I agree with Cindy, you should go over there and talk to them. And, you might take your paperwork with you both to there and down to the PD office and say hey, my date is close, I need to know what is going on. And going to the court house couldnt hurt either, maybe the Judge would get wind of that. But, I would go in person, not call. Good luck, and let us know how it goes.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:52 PM

hello everyone. I went to the Villa and of couse couldn't see the director without an appt. I also went to the court house. I got the run around so I went to the actual division and talked to the judges clerk. She said she'd look into things and actually gave me a call back on Fri. I had yet to hear from anyone from the PD dept. She also told me that the communtiy corrections report had still not been entered. I finally got a call today from my NEW attorney. he admitted he has little experience in district court but feels comfortable with my case. yeah right. he wanted me to meet 15 min before court on thursday and then I asked him if he could tell me what he knows about me, my family, education,volunteer work, restitution, letters of recommedation ect. he was speachless.I know that I am just another file and just some paperwork waiting to be filed and off his desk but my gosh. this is my life. I was very stern about getting an appt and so I did succeed. tomorrow i will meet with him. I feel like i have no choice but to defend myself in court and make my own plea with the court. I cannot handle another continuance. this is so stressful not only me but my family. I haven't slept well in I don't know how long. Ive gained almost 30 lbs in less than 6 months. I have pretty much ran out of tears. I feel much more at peace with my boys going to stay with my sister. my husband is now in counseling and I hope he is ok with me being gone. I was greatful that I got my kids ready for school and all legal paperwork that my sister will possibly need. (we went to a family attorney) I took the advice and have little notes ready to hide and mail I will drop off to my husband on my way to court. thanks for all your support. I know that Im on the other side of things but its always nice when you can just vent and get sincere feedback. please keep me in all your prayers.
annette
Old 08-16-2006, 12:02 PM
Patients have depleted

Annette - you have been through so much and what a terror with the corrections and public defender. If I understand correctly, even for community correction acceptance you still have to first report to DRDC anyway. If this is the case you still have a chance to get that acceptance in to DOC before you are placed. Hopefully all goes well for you. Please let us know if at all possible ok.
Old 08-17-2006, 05:14 AM

well everyone, today's the big day. keep me in your prayers, I hope and pray that all of your situations work out and that your loved ones will be released soon, take care and thanks for listening.
annette
Old 08-17-2006, 07:38 AM
Movin forward
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,194 Times in 1,380 Posts

Annette.. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Keep your chin up!!!
Old 08-17-2006, 11:23 AM
Patients have depleted

Annette - You are very much in my thought today. I do hope you are able to reply to this and let us know what happens. I wish for you the best. Your kids and hubby will miss you and welcome the day you get to come home.
Old 08-19-2006, 11:43 AM

Let's all hope and pray that she got sentenced to the Villa, since that is what she wants. Tracie, if the Villa accepts her the judge can order her directly there instead of a trip to DRDC. They do, however, hold them in the county jail if they don't have a bed right away.
Old 08-19-2006, 12:34 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

Would they order her to jail for sure even with no beds? When Sean was sentenced to community in 2002, they allowed him to stay at his mom's until a bed was available. He was just required to check in every day and do a UA...but that was Adams County so I don't know how the other counties do it.
Old 08-19-2006, 12:50 PM

I think it depends on her history Cindy. If the Villa has accepted her then I think they would be ready for her. When my son was sentenced there he was sent from court to report directly there, unfortunately, he chose not to do that (well actually, MAYBE not unfortunately) and so now he sits where he is. Since she is NOT in custody is suspect they would order her to report. Hopefully for her and her family that is the case.
Old 08-19-2006, 06:24 PM
Patients have depleted

Well I am glad she wouldn't have to do the DRDC thing. Direct sentence would be much better. I just thought it would maybe give her a bit more time to get the paperwork if that is all she was waiting on. But I didn't think about the direct sentencing to community. (Unfortunatly Ed has never had that so I just assumed every DOC person had to do DRDC for the eval and what not.) But it does make more sence that direct sentence to community would skip DRDC.
Old 08-19-2006, 10:40 PM

I think when they direct sentence they take the probation evaluation and go from there. If the Villa had accepted her, and it would not have been considered unless the probation officer had agreed, I think that is where she most likely is. I wish I could help her more, but it seems she has a good head on her shoulders. I think she can make it.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:34 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

Unhappy Update on Annette (changed100%)

I've been wondering what happened to Annette, and looked her up on the Inmate Locator. She was sentenced to 6 years and is currently listed in the jail backlog. Not sure if she's actually going to a facility or ComCor, can't tell without calling the jail and asking.

I'm sad for her and will probably write her a letter tonight just to let her know that I'm thinking of her. Just wanted to let everyone know...
Old 09-07-2006, 08:42 PM

I was thinking of her myself today. Please let us know what you find out.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:56 PM
Patients have depleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by seansbabyluv
I've been wondering what happened to Annette, and looked her up on the Inmate Locator. She was sentenced to 6 years and is currently listed in the jail backlog. Not sure if she's actually going to a facility or ComCor, can't tell without calling the jail and asking.

I'm sad for her and will probably write her a letter tonight just to let her know that I'm thinking of her. Just wanted to let everyone know...
I guess today was just the day for Annette. I too have been wondering and knowing things should update this week I have been checking pretty regularly, and found her finally listed today. If you write, please tell her I am thinking about her and wishing her the best. I do hope she got community. I will keep a watch and when/if a facility comes up I too will write her. (I hope she won't mind)
Old 09-08-2006, 10:59 PM

You guys must have had more guts than I did for I never asked her for her full name, I regret that now, I hope she is doing ok. Here, in Weld county, they will hold her in the jail until they have a bed for her in the Villa (the version of comcor here) or until she is sent to DRDC. If anyone hears from her, please let me know.
Old 10-03-2006, 05:26 PM

Default Annette is in DWCF

I check the doc inmate locator regularly and I think I found Annette on there. I didn't know her last name or anything but I just typed in Annette and found one that was sentenced on 08/17. Her name is Annette Santacruz and she is in DWCF and her doc number is 90430. Thanks Dawndi
Old 10-03-2006, 07:17 PM
Banned
Donation Award 

Thanks Dawndi! We all found her last month, I sent her a card a couple of weeks ago...Tracie and I have both been watching for her. She was sentenced on my son's birthday too...
Old 10-04-2006, 11:14 AM
Patients have depleted

Dawndi, yes that is the correct one. We are just awaiting response from her that hopefully will come to let us know how things are going. At least she knows we are all still here for her even on the inside, that is the main thing.