Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Texas Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 03-20-2007, 05:09 PM
Always By Jake's Side

Default Gurney Transfer Unit

How is the mail service there? Are inmates notifed when JPay funds hits their account?

Thanks for any info....
Sponsored Links
Old 03-20-2007, 05:38 PM
Life is great!

I live in DFW and when my husband was there it was taking 2 days for letters to get to me and 2 to get to him. Very acceptable, I think. That was back in October, not sure if much has changed. They are not notifed when they get money but rather they have to go try to make store to find out if they have money or not. He will eventually get a monthly statement but that could be a long while. Let me know if you have more questions.
Old 03-20-2007, 05:58 PM
Always By Jake's Side

thanks for information..he just went to Gurney last Friday and know it will be awhile for me to visit. I have sent two letters so far. I live in San Antonio so will take two days anyway. he was up there on a civil bench warrant so went to Gurney instead of Beeville down here in South Texas. But his family lives in East Texas and DFW area..just not me.But that's OK. I spend lots of time driving I-35
Old 03-20-2007, 06:59 PM
Life is great!

Yeah, make sure you all call before you go visit. It took a few weeks for them to classify my guy before they would let me visit him. Also, they don't get mail on Saturdays and can't send any out on Saturdays.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:17 PM

My man was sent to Gurny and was only there two weeks before being sent to Byrd Unit in Huntsville.

www.geocities.com/innocentinjail/my_story.html