Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Parents with Children in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Parents with Children in Prison For the parents of prisoners

Old 11-11-2007, 06:08 PM

Default Questions from Colorado

Hi, I am new but am so glad I found it. Here is a short background - my son was sentenced to 2 years for drug charge to a half-way house. He completed 1 year and was found at a different location than what he should have been - he was trying to see his infant son whom he had not seen for 3 weeks. The half-way house found out and "regressed" him to county jail, which is where he is sitting now. My question - the half-way house did not file any new charges, on the paperwork for new charges it states change of confinement, so what exactly does this mean? If/when he sees the judge, will they consider all the time he has already put in - 1year 9 months towards his 2 year sentence? Will he have to go to DRDC, DOC?? I am so scared. He is 24 (b-day tomorrow) and very small for age, 5'2 and 103 lbs. I don't know what to think. Any help would be greatly appreciated. God Bless
Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-2007, 06:38 PM
Mary
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,753 Times in 1,035 Posts

Hello Roadtoad and welcome to PTO. I'm sorry this situation brought you to us. I don't have any answers for you, but someone will know how to direct you. In the meanwhile, you might want to check in the Colorado forum where people there are more familiar with the way your state 'runs.'

Good luck to your family. Was this your first grandbaby? Congratulations! on the birth!

Here's a link to get you started in Colorado. Take care.

Colorado Member Introductions
Old 11-11-2007, 07:18 PM

Default Questions in Colorado

Thanks for the welcome. Yes, this is my first grandchild. It has been heartbreaking to watch him grow up without his father. My son's wife has now decided to take up with someone else and is withholding my grandson from us! I am about at wits ends trying to keep the strength up for my son. Does anyone know how i might be able to gain some sort of custody of my grandson so that my son would be able to see him since she wont take him to see my son? Thanks again.
Old 11-11-2007, 09:18 PM

Welcome to PTO. I'm sorry to hear about what you are going through. I am not a lawyer but I'm sure you have rights! Stay strong and do whatever it takes to be in your grandson's life.