Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 07-13-2009, 12:57 PM

Default noise noise noise - I hate having trouble hearing each other!

im only havin a whinge i just hate when i wait all day for him to call n then i cant even hear what he is sayin n iv to shout onto the phone so he can hear me i get so mad at that he is gone off the phone then n iv told him nothing n the most frequently used word is what what did u say i cant hear you i wish i could visit everyday i wish he was here now
Sponsored Links
Old 07-13-2009, 05:33 PM
I love my doofas!

Thanked 7,133 Times in 3,712 Posts

I know what you mean. Sometimes the background noise is just crazy.. the PA is so loud and we literally have to stop talking mid-sentence coz its just so loud... or theres someone talking to him.. ugh I hate that!

Old 07-13-2009, 06:25 PM

I hate that too... infact i was talking to my hunny tonight and he was like hold on babe... and i herd him say "do you see me on this f****** phone... ill talk to you when im off the phone, that is rude"

I don't normally hear a lot of background noise but the phone reception is bad sometimes and the phone breaks up a lot.
Old 07-29-2009, 12:12 AM
~LOST WIT OUT YOU~

Same here, when my guy call, I can never hear him, the phone is so low, or I hear static on his end, then I be talking and he be talking to someone else...I'm like u called me, u can talk to them later, dang...but its crazy if CBS hear any noise the call will be terminated and I hate that...so for now I told him he has to speak up, so that I can hear him....

~ I self destruct every relationship so that i don't get hurt... but in truth i just hurt myself worse in the long run~
Old 07-29-2009, 02:34 AM

it happens a lot with us too... it is crazy.. 2 days ago the connection was just so bad, i could only hear a few words of every sentence, but most of the time nothing, just silence.. so i decided to do al the talking and at one moment just started singing (i cannot sing! lol ) it was crazy.. last night they hung up on us twice... :S

and sometimes there is a dude talking to him while on the phone with me. i just say if you rather talk to them then i can hang up if you want, b/c i am not going to pay to listen to him talkig with someone else! (he never wants me to hang up, go figure)
Old 07-29-2009, 02:41 AM

Thanked 1,425 Times in 886 Posts

the background noise doesnt bother me that much. it actually entertains me to hear the other inmates yelling and talking to Oso.. it makes him laugh and hearing him laugh is the best thing in the world to me. what i hate is the phone taps echoing, the static, and the message interrupting to let us know the call may be monitored or recorded. yeah no shit, i didnt forget that hes calling from jail. we spend half of our conversations saying "what? what did you say?"

hes been home since 12/29/09
&
off probation since 5/28/13
Old 07-29-2009, 05:15 AM
sadmom

same stuff here the phones s***k and everytime i talk to my son or the hubby talks to we have to say what did you say its so frustrating to us and him when all the calls entale is what did you say i cant hear you that good
Old 07-29-2009, 05:23 AM
Banned

Thanked 20,075 Times in 7,413 Posts

why not have him call first thing in the am???? that's what mine does. he calls me as early as he possibly can because no one,well few are up then and it's quiet as a tomb,seriously.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:13 AM
Movin forward
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,194 Times in 1,380 Posts

My honey tries to call at chow time when he can.. it's usually quiet then. I don't so much mind the background noise what pisses me off every time is the two interruptions we get reminding us the call is from a Colorado Correctional Facility.. No shit, I thought he was at some island resort!!!
Old 07-29-2009, 08:33 AM
You're my everything

It drives me mad, sometimes it's so loud there, he's just shouting 'I can't hear you' all the time. On his wing there's only 2 phones for 150 prisoners, so he has to queue forever to get on it, and then he's only allowed to make a 5 minute call and I can't hear him for half of that. It's all a bit of a nightmare.
Old 07-29-2009, 02:37 PM

So you pay out the As* for the most important phone calls in the world to you ...that by the way you have to jump through hoops to recieve. Then to be harrassed by automated craziness, you can never hear and to top it all of have crappy reception? WOW thats complete bs. Thank You TDCJ! For what we pay it sould be crystal clear digital... Can I get am amen?

Thinking of YOU...