Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to the Federal Prison & the Criminal Justice System that do not fit into any other Federal sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 09-09-2009, 10:39 AM

Default Awaiting Sentencing

I am a "Newbie" here and have read a lot throughout this website over the past 8 hours. I have read many stories about the wait time and the support from family and friends. What good people you all are.
I plead guilty to one count of wire fraud. I worked for a "Christian Organization" (BE SO VERY CAREFUL WHEN THE WORD "CHRISTIAN" IS INVOLVED!!!), which was performing an illegal activity. I did not know enough to investigate any form of their activity and let myself get caught up in the group. The worse part of it all was my father was one of the co-founders and he led me straight into this and left me holding the bag.
A federal indictment was issued and seven of us were indicted on 35 counts of mail fraud, wire fraud, conspiracy and aiding. My father was dropped from the indictment just a few days prior to trial. His girlfriend was dropped from the indictment at the same time. Two others were dropped from the indictment at the same time. My ex husband, who benefited greatly and divorced me at the advice of his attorney, agreed to testify against me (which would have caused him to lie on the stand) was also dropped from the indictment. Two others who truly believed their faith was going to protect them went to trial and are waiting to be sentenced. I plead to the one count on advice of counsel so I wasn't sitting at the same defendants table with the two fanatics, causing the jury to see me as if I had the same mentality as they did.
I truly wish I had found this sight sooner.
This is a case that has been on going for almost 10 years. I am a wreck and hope to be over with this soon. I have been on pretrial services for four years and can't imagine why they think I need to go to jail since I have been wandering around "loose" since 2002.
Well, that's my story. I am a divorced mother of five. My ex won custody of my kids because I am such a bad person....geeeez. The judge went so far as to call me a nut since I was fighting so hard to keep my kids. Guess I am.
Sorry for the diatribe and thanks for being here.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2009, 07:01 AM

Smile

Hi, I haven't been on this website long myself but have found alot of great information. I have gathered much strength from others stories of how they have survived this and come out on the other end a better, stronger person. I am also awaiting sentencing for my charges. I will be sentenced on October 22, and I think the hardest part is the waiting. Almost feel like they should take all the time we wait into account, the worse part for me is that they hit me with some charges that have a mandatory minimum of 2 yrs. My husband is still with me but has made it pretty clear that once I'm "inside" he's out. It's not a easy road ahead for any of us but we have to remember that this will end one day and we will get our lives back and we will be in control again. If u ever need to talk u can always send me a PM. Best of luck to you and I'll keep u in my prayers.

Last edited by sassylatina; 09-11-2009 at 07:02 AM..
Old 10-02-2009, 03:33 AM
Donation Award 

As most of the time the person who knew the lest gets leet holding the bag....
And the others walk free....as i am sure you have looked up the word conspiracy ! My son is in fed prison for conspiracy.... It's funny how that all works and the smallest pay the most....
Stay strong.....
Old 10-02-2009, 03:40 AM
Donation Award 

God bless you the waiting is so hard. It took 18 months for my son to go to court.. I'm gussing this is fed.as his was ... He was sent to a prison 3,500 miles from home......
How much more can a person take ?
Keep the faith