Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status All discussions relating to specific Texas Department of Criminal Justice prison units, Texas State Jails & Private prisons, and County Jails.

Old 04-11-2010, 12:12 AM

Default Transfer to Gurney Unit TX Prison Help with what to do now!!

My husband caught chain on 04/09/10 to gurney and as I am new to all this I could use a little help in what to do now. When I called the TDC hotline they said they would not be able to tell me anything for 3-5 business days and I could not visit for 30-45 days. Is there a faster way to get his TDC number? I have tried the online offender lookup and it does not show him in the system yet. Can I send letters or money before I get his TDC number? Thanks and any help would be apprieciated, this is a very scary process
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2010, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawlingswife View Post
My husband caught chain on 04/09/10 to gurney and as I am new to all this I could use a little help in what to do now. When I called the TDC hotline they said they would not be able to tell me anything for 3-5 business days and I could not visit for 30-45 days. Is there a faster way to get his TDC number? I have tried the online offender lookup and it does not show him in the system yet. Can I send letters or money before I get his TDC number? Thanks and any help would be apprieciated, this is a very scary process
If you know your husband's sid# you may be able to get his information through the hotline a little sooner. I got my son's sid# from his attorney.

I also sent an email to the address:

E-mail to this address classify@tdcj.state.tx.us the offender's full name and 7-digit TDCJ number. If you do not know the TDCJ number, provide the exact date of birth (if d.o.b. is not known, provide their approximate age and county of conviction).

I got a reply from them, which told me where my son was...he is at Gurney, too.

Once you know your husband's TDCJ # you can add money to his account through jpay.

I just visited my son this past weekend and he's only been there about 2 to 3 weeks. Once your husband goes through classification you will be able to visit him.

All of this can be very scary...hang in there.
The Following User Says Thank You to cbl52 For This Useful Post:
BethStarr (05-03-2010)
Old 04-13-2010, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbl52 View Post
If you know your husband's sid# you may be able to get his information through the hotline a little sooner. I got my son's sid# from his attorney.

I also sent an email to the address:

E-mail to this address classify@tdcj.state.tx.us the offender's full name and 7-digit TDCJ number. If you do not know the TDCJ number, provide the exact date of birth (if d.o.b. is not known, provide their approximate age and county of conviction).

I got a reply from them, which told me where my son was...he is at Gurney, too.

Once you know your husband's TDCJ # you can add money to his account through jpay.

I just visited my son this past weekend and he's only been there about 2 to 3 weeks. Once your husband goes through classification you will be able to visit him.

All of this can be very scary...hang in there.
Thanks for your reply, I got his TDC # about mid day and was able to put money on his account through JPAY late this evening and I also sent a letter through jpay, any idea how long it actually takes them to recieve the e-letters after they are sent?
The Following User Says Thank You to rawlingswife For This Useful Post:
cbl52 (04-13-2010)
Old 04-13-2010, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Thanks for your reply, I got his TDC # about mid day and was able to put money on his account through JPAY late this evening and I also sent a letter through jpay, any idea how long it actually takes them to recieve the e-letters after they are sent?
My son told me that he usually gets the letters the day after I send them.
The Following User Says Thank You to cbl52 For This Useful Post:
rawlingswife (04-13-2010)
Old 04-13-2010, 10:58 PM

My boyfriend was moved to gurney from smith co on 4/2/10. I registered my phone to be able to receive calls on 4/7 and put money on his trust fund the same day. Does anyone know if they can place calls while in the classification process and if so about how long does it take to verify my info so he can call.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katwil912 View Post
My boyfriend was moved to gurney from smith co on 4/2/10. I registered my phone to be able to receive calls on 4/7 and put money on his trust fund the same day. Does anyone know if they can place calls while in the classification process and if so about how long does it take to verify my info so he can call.
my husband was transfered from smith co on 04/09, I got one letter from him since then that said the transit dorm he is in does not have phones and he thinks he will be in that dorm for about two weeks, he also said that he has heard after he finishes classification he should be able to call home but he was not sure. Sorry I don't have more concrete info but I know I have not received any calls and if he were able to call home he would, he also said he doesn't think he will be able to make commisary until the 19th so if I don't get any more mail before then not to worry. Hope this helps, I have been sending him letters through JPAY, the lady in the mail room I talked to was really nice and she said that if they are there early in the day they should get them the same evening.
The Following User Says Thank You to rawlingswife For This Useful Post:
katwil912 (04-19-2010)
Old 04-16-2010, 04:52 PM

Quote:
my husband was transfered from smith co on 04/09, I got one letter from him since then that said the transit dorm he is in does not have phones and he thinks he will be in that dorm for about two weeks, he also said that he has heard after he finishes classification he should be able to call home but he was not sure. Sorry I don't have more concrete info but I know I have not received any calls and if he were able to call home he would, he also said he doesn't think he will be able to make commisary until the 19th so if I don't get any more mail before then not to worry. Hope this helps, I have been sending him letters through JPAY, the lady in the mail room I talked to was really nice and she said that if they are there early in the day they should get them the same evening.
if commissary is the 19th, omg I PRAY my baby has money on his books!!! how do i see his balance?? can iI??