Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > COLORADO > Colorado General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Colorado General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Colorado that do not fit into any other Colorado sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 04-26-2016, 07:55 AM

Default Please help! General Questions regarding Colorado Camps

Hello I have a loved one who is looking to make a near release transfer to Co.
I am looking for some current, and hopefully first hand information about the Federal Prison camps in Sheridan or Englewood and others.
I have heard a lot mixed things. Overall what are the facilities like? What is the population makeup? How are the Co's? How strict are they overall? What are the visiting facilities like? What amenities are there (weights, sports, rec, programs, jobs, ect?) Do they allow furloughs? What are the dorm set ups, open air or cubes? How is the food? Is there a fence? And anything else that may be helpful...
Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-2016, 09:15 AM

I have a loved one in the Florence Camp. I don't have any experiences with any other camps but we have heard Florence is much better than others. Lot's of drug offenders with a sprinkling in of white collar. They have cubes with 2 inmates to each cube. My family member walks several miles a day with a couple of other guys. There aren't any fences around the camp. They do have jobs and also have to help out in the other facilities when there is a lock down. He minds his own business and keeps his head down. he says the food isn't the greatest but he refuses to buy any food from commissary.

If I can answer anything else let me know.
The Following User Says Thank You to priceam For This Useful Post:
redwingers (04-26-2016)
Old 04-26-2016, 04:20 PM

You might want to check the Federal forums as this one relates t Colorado state prisons. Good luck!

The Following User Says Thank You to nancyginnm For This Useful Post:
redwingers (04-26-2016)
Old 04-26-2016, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by priceam View Post
I have a loved one in the Florence Camp. I don't have any experiences with any other camps but we have heard Florence is much better than others. Lot's of drug offenders with a sprinkling in of white collar. They have cubes with 2 inmates to each cube. My family member walks several miles a day with a couple of other guys. There aren't any fences around the camp. They do have jobs and also have to help out in the other facilities when there is a lock down. He minds his own business and keeps his head down. he says the food isn't the greatest but he refuses to buy any food from commissary.

If I can answer anything else let me know.
Thank you so much I truly appreciate your response!!
Old 04-26-2016, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nancyginnm View Post
You might want to check the Federal forums as this one relates t Colorado state prisons. Good luck!
Oh woops! Thank you tons I will check it out - I am so bad at this!
The Following User Says Thank You to redwingers For This Useful Post:
nancyginnm (04-26-2016)
Old 04-27-2016, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwingers View Post
Thank you so much I truly appreciate your response!!
Thank you again, my fiance wanted me to see if you knew anything about -
"do they have weights, what are the visiting facilities like, and how strict are the visits?"
All - regarding Florence, thank you!!
Old 04-28-2016, 09:48 AM

I'm not sure about the weights but I will find out today. There haven't been any issues with visiting. It is a large room with outdoor style chairs and tables. My 5 year old niece and sister have gone and they have always been very respectful and nice to them. There is one hotel to stay at in the town by the facility. Most of the people that stay have something to do with the facilities. What do you mean "strict" with visits?

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwingers View Post
Thank you again, my fiance wanted me to see if you knew anything about -
"do they have weights, what are the visiting facilities like, and how strict are the visits?"
All - regarding Florence, thank you!!