Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > RESOURCE CENTER > World Prison News
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

World Prison News Post info (IF it doesn't belong in another PTO forum) about the prison system, prisoner support, criminal justice, etc., that you learn firsthand, through the media, from an inmate, or any other source. News can be local, state, Federal, or int'l.

Old 12-14-2020, 02:52 PM
Carolina traveler
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,851 Times in 2,593 Posts
Default Here's why inmates should get vaccinated against COVID-19

Here's why inmates should get vaccinated against COVID-19 before the rest of us

"Just like front-line workers, prison and jail populations are among the most vulnerable to COVID. And they put surrounding communities at risk.

With the impending approval of COVID-19 vaccines, the United States will soon have some difficult choices to make about who gets priority for receiving inoculation. Debate among federal and state health officials about vaccine distribution is heating up, and lobbying efforts are intensifying.

Perhaps the most controversial question of priority concerns inmates in American jails and prisons. Given this country's generally unforgiving attitude toward the incarcerated, putting them toward the head of the vaccine line would not be an easy political choice."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...tHBjXHeUJFTXOI
Old 12-14-2020, 07:22 PM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 24,321 Times in 13,938 Posts

Vaccine denial is common among the federal inmates. Wild conspiracy theories including "flu shots are spiked with saltpeter", etc. are not only out there, but are believed just as is happening with our recent presidential election results.

That's why so few prisoners sign up for flu shots, and why so many federal inmates get, and spread the flu to everyone else.
Old 12-15-2020, 09:47 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD
Donation Award 

Thanked 33,395 Times in 16,699 Posts

I saw this meme the other day and had to laugh.

Anti vaxxers on covid vaccine: I dont care if its been safely tested in multiple double blind trials, I aint takin it!

Anti vaxxers on homemade remedies: Here's some mold from under my fridge, smear it on your eyes to relieve headaches. The burning means it working!

Old 12-15-2020, 10:27 AM

Thanked 2,643 Times in 1,040 Posts

I had a friend call me all concerned because she had people telling her that Bill Gates was putting a microchip in the shots. I'm in the Covid trial so I told her they wouldn't waste the time tracking me. It's crazy that people will believe stupid crap.
I did text my local news station when they did an interview with a health official about giving the shots. I asked them why there has been no discussion about incarcerated people. They are just as vulnerable (and more of them) than people in care facilities. Plus the people working in the jail/prison facilities can get it or bring it in. No reply. I guess until someone important has an infected loved one there won't be a push. SUCKS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
Vaccine denial is common among the federal inmates. Wild conspiracy theories including "flu shots are spiked with saltpeter", etc. are not only out there, but are believed just as is happening with our recent presidential election results.

That's why so few prisoners sign up for flu shots, and why so many federal inmates get, and spread the flu to everyone else.
Old 12-15-2020, 10:29 AM

Thanked 2,643 Times in 1,040 Posts

Haha!! We always joke about using WD30 on stuff after watching My Big Fat Greek Wedding. My horseshoer always swears by using turpentine when he cuts himself. Says it stops the bleeding. That's REAL science!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewalker View Post
I saw this meme the other day and had to laugh.

Anti vaxxers on covid vaccine: I dont care if its been safely tested in multiple double blind trials, I aint takin it!

Anti vaxxers on homemade remedies: Here's some mold from under my fridge, smear it on your eyes to relieve headaches. The burning means it working!
The Following User Says Thank You to GaReform For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (12-15-2020)
Old 12-17-2020, 04:44 AM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 24,321 Times in 13,938 Posts

Don't forget about the President's advice to inject Lysol to treat Covid. I doubt that was included in his treatment at Walter Reed Military Hospital though.

Last edited by fbopnomore; 12-28-2020 at 12:54 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fbopnomore For This Useful Post:
choclgs (01-06-2021), sidewalker (12-17-2020)
Old 01-06-2021, 02:54 PM

I would not do medical through the prison or jails. Too many experimentations and government intrusion. I absolutely would not do it. Are you fucking crazy?!
The Following User Says Thank You to frees For This Useful Post:
Letty760 (01-09-2021)