Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OREGON > Oregon General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oregon General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Oregon that do not fit into any other Oregon sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 11-15-2016, 08:29 PM

Default Questions about AIP in Oregon

Hello everyone. Im currently looking at a 15 month sentence in the ODOC system. Part of my plea bargain is being eligible for AIP. A few questions I have are: What kind of waiting lists are there for AIP? With such a short amount of time to do, would I even be able to get into any type of program? And with all honesty, I dont have a drinking or drug problem.. hell I dont even smoke cigarettes.. so is there any type of AIP program for someone like me? THank you in advance for all responses
Sponsored Links
Old 11-16-2016, 06:03 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 8,268 Times in 3,229 Posts

There are AIP programs for non-drug/alcohol offenses, mostly to do with life skills and decision making skills. However... The wait lists tend to be long, and they tend to prioritize people who have been in long enough to have become institutionalized. I'd place your odds of getting into a program with "only" a 15 month sentence at <5%. That said, it doesn't hurt to try - worst they can do is say "no" and then you're no worse off than you are now.

A point of unsolicited advice: most folks inside are doing far far more than 15 months. If you complain about your sentence at all (no matter how unfairly it may have been awarded), you will get a LOT of pushback from those serving their 15 or 30 year or life sentences, which is the bulk of the population inside.

Forewarned is forearmed.

I wish you luck, and feel free to ask as many questions as you need.

Gin
Old 11-16-2016, 07:46 AM

Thanked 1,866 Times in 892 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmrichardson548 View Post
Hello everyone. Im currently looking at a 15 month sentence in the ODOC system. Part of my plea bargain is being eligible for AIP. A few questions I have are: What kind of waiting lists are there for AIP? With such a short amount of time to do, would I even be able to get into any type of program? And with all honesty, I dont have a drinking or drug problem.. hell I dont even smoke cigarettes.. so is there any type of AIP program for someone like me? THank you in advance for all responses
Once you get to Coffee Creek for intake and assessment, that is where they decide what programs you qualify for. You could be there for a month or 5 months, it depends on what program you qualify for and when a bed opens up at the facility you do your program at.

My ex was given AIP at Powder River and had to stay at Coffee Creek for almost 3 months after his intake and assessment was completed.
GingerM (11-17-2016)