Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

New York Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the New York Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 04-11-2019, 09:25 PM

Default Nassau county correctional - phone

Can anyone help with the following info...

Do they have video calling for people out of state? If so who do I contact?

When mail is sent how many days does it take for the inmate to actually receive it?

Does anyone know about how phone calls work there? I think I am registered to the correct system... what is the inmate rules for phones?

Best
Idkwhatimdoing2
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2019, 10:58 PM

They Don’t have video calling at all , the telephone service used is GTL and usually it gets to them a day after being delivered by usps.

& rules there aren’t many really ; they can use the phones once they are out in general living area.
Old 04-12-2019, 10:19 PM

Thank you for taking the time to answer my many questions. I had recently sent mail which was handwritten. I would love to know more about the general living area? Whatís the difference? As in when he first arrived...?!

Other questions

Heard anything on the MohAwk facility ?!

How are they about short term sentences? He violated parole has only a short time so i can also tell Iím worrying to much..
Old 04-12-2019, 10:20 PM

But there are not designated times for phone use. Certain hours I should be made aware of
Old 04-13-2019, 06:33 AM

Thanked 3,277 Times in 1,539 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idkwhatimdoing2 View Post
Thank you for taking the time to answer my many questions. I had recently sent mail which was handwritten. I would love to know more about the general living area? Whatís the difference? As in when he first arrived...?!

Other questions

How are they about short term sentences? He violated parole has only a short time so i can also tell Iím worrying to much..
I posted information on Mohawk the other day.

Old 04-15-2019, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idkwhatimdoing2 View Post

Other questions

The general living area is I guess you can say as any jail. They are usually out in the morning from I believe 8 AM- 10 AM and than back out 1PM-3PM and 6PM-9:30PM and the phones go on at 10AM so as long as they are out in general area they can use the phone.

Usually when they first arrive they go to reception kind of to get them ready for general pop and they usually go to "main" building which is the older building and than they are transferred to the "c" building which is the newer one.

hmmm anything else you want to know let me know. If he violated parole than he should be getting transferred out soon if he is getting violated for more than a year if not than more than likely he'll serve his time in County.