Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida Parole, Probation & Release All information & questions relating to parole, probation or release in Florida should be posted here.

Old 04-15-2019, 08:09 PM
Donation Award 

Default Released from prison w/ gain time: Is time served or on probation?

after your released from prison with gain time is your time serverd and done or are you on probation ?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-16-2019, 05:24 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,640 Times in 3,005 Posts

If you've accumulated good time, that decreases the length of the sentence.

If released on parole, the probation length (I think, am not positive) is the remainder of the sentence, but if you violate probation, the good time can be taken away.

If released on parole, and you don't violate probation, then probation ends when the sentence less good time is fully served.

If you've served the full sentence (less good time), and you're released, then you're in post-release supervision for however long the judgment order says you're supposed to be.

Laws vary from one state to another, but this seems the most common way things are set up. Hopefully someone with experience in Florida will come along soon to verify that what I said above applies to FL.
The Following User Says Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
51littlemama (04-17-2019)
Old 04-16-2019, 06:46 AM
Missing my better half
Donation Award 

they are completed with their sentence unless someone informs them they are on a conditional type release. where if they get in trouble during that time between their release and 85% without gain time they can be returned back to their home prison for that remaining time. my man will be getting out with gain time and he wont be on probation or parole or anything. I had to look all this up for my mans dorm mate a couple weeks ago lol

one day closer

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MPsQueen For This Useful Post:
51littlemama (04-17-2019), GingerM (04-17-2019)
Old 04-16-2019, 10:05 PM
missin my babe so much

My husband was sentenced 5 years and 1 month in 2009. He was sentenced under a 5 year min mandatory PRR. He couldn't gain any gaintime on the 5 years, only on the one month. He did not have probation upon release. BUT he was plassed on probation for a period of 1 month due to the one month of gaintime he received they called it conditional release. He check in the first day probation came out to check the home and he never seen him again and also had a curfew. The conditional release was not part of his sentence

The Following User Says Thank You to love baby For This Useful Post:
GingerM (04-17-2019)