Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!






Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OREGON > Oregon General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oregon General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Oregon that do not fit into any other Oregon sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #501  
Old 04-09-2018, 09:32 PM
Joshsgirl17 Joshsgirl17 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Oregon
Posts: 21
Thanks: 20
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ang7905 View Post
Im in nampa
So you drive just as far as I do. Congrats on your engagement!!✨
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #502  
Old 04-10-2018, 12:50 AM
Gramir Gramir is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Oregon USA
Posts: 1
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshsgirl17 View Post
Hi!! Yes I remember talking with you too. You waited to meet until his release right? How are things going? Yes we are waiting. He will be moved in Sept of this year but will most likely stay in Salem because he lives in Portland and from what I've learned is they try to keep them close to where they will be released. I wish he was in snake river cause it's an hour drive there vs over 7 to get to Salem.


Wish we could have them switch our men around. Mine is at SRCI and I live 30 min from Salem 😔
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Gramir For This Useful Post:
Joshsgirl17 (04-15-2018)
  #503  
Old 04-10-2018, 08:08 AM
Ang7905 Ang7905 is offline
Drews one & only
 

Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Idaho
Posts: 4
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshsgirl17 View Post
So you drive just as far as I do. Congrats on your engagement!!✨
I sure do, its one heck of a drive & wish he was closer to me so it would be a lot easier to visit. The things we do for the ones we love, right?!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ang7905 For This Useful Post:
Joshsgirl17 (04-15-2018)
  #504  
Old 04-10-2018, 05:32 PM
Kimimi Kimimi is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: OR USA
Posts: 530
Thanks: 418
Thanked 765 Times in 342 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshsgirl17 View Post
Hi!! Yes I remember talking with you too. You waited to meet until his release right? How are things going? Yes we are waiting. He will be moved in Sept of this year but will most likely stay in Salem because he lives in Portland and from what I've learned is they try to keep them close to where they will be released. I wish he was in snake river cause it's an hour drive there vs over 7 to get to Salem.
Yeah lol we met the day he got out. He was released and stayed at a halfway house with private rooms in Portland for about two months and hen moved in with me. Everything is great he is everything he said he was. He got hooked up with central city concerns (look it up on google) they have set him up with a good job and free college. Portland is doing some amazing programs for ex cons right now you guys may want to check them out. Im glad to hear you all are doing well!!!
Reply With Quote
  #505  
Old 04-15-2018, 03:46 PM
Joshsgirl17 Joshsgirl17 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Oregon
Posts: 21
Thanks: 20
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimimi View Post
Yeah lol we met the day he got out. He was released and stayed at a halfway house with private rooms in Portland for about two months and hen moved in with me. Everything is great he is everything he said he was. He got hooked up with central city concerns (look it up on google) they have set him up with a good job and free college. Portland is doing some amazing programs for ex cons right now you guys may want to check them out. Im glad to hear you all are doing well!!!
Wow that is awesome to hear and I'm so happy to hear a happy outcome from a pen pal romance!! I haven't heard of that program but I will definitely look into it for him. He still has 4 years to go so we have time to figure it all out...unfortunately! If you haven't already You should really post your happy outcome on here cause there's so many bad stories we hear it's nice to see one working out!!
Reply With Quote
  #506  
Old 04-15-2018, 03:47 PM
Joshsgirl17 Joshsgirl17 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Oregon
Posts: 21
Thanks: 20
Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramir View Post
Wish we could have them switch our men around. Mine is at SRCI and I live 30 min from Salem 😔
Oh man wouldn't that be great!!😂
Reply With Quote
  #507  
Old 05-08-2018, 08:12 PM
jagers20 jagers20 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Lufkin, Texas
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

my friend is at coffee creek. kind of upset though because i havent heard from her in a couple weeks. she says the kiosks/tablets are messing up, but i would think a hard copy letter would show up... maybe its nothing, just frustrated.
Reply With Quote
  #508  
Old 05-09-2018, 05:58 AM
GingerM's Avatar
GingerM GingerM is offline
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 
 

Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Oregon, USA
Posts: 5,617
Thanks: 7,552
Thanked 8,243 Times in 3,222 Posts
Default

Welcome to PTO, jagers20. The hardest part of these stints is when you don't know what's going on. I hope you hear from her soon.
Reply With Quote
  #509  
Old 05-09-2018, 08:29 PM
jagers20 jagers20 is offline
Registered User
 

Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Lufkin, Texas
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Default

yes ma'am, i know shes serving much worse time and harsher things are happening to her, but by not hearing much from her, my minds starts to wonder. and it never wonders about the positive side of things.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jagers20 For This Useful Post:
GingerM (05-10-2018)
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Prison Labor - Against Made in the USA MsChiku Ohio Prison & Legal News, Info & Events 4 01-28-2012 02:06 PM
sentence reduction trueblue101 Prison & Criminal Legal Help! 18 12-13-2007 05:31 PM
A Reorganization Plan for Corrections Kathy California Prison & Criminal Justice News & Events + 3 Strikes 9 08-17-2004 02:12 PM
Bill H.R. 1829 sherri13 Prison Legislation & Laws 1 05-27-2003 09:37 AM


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:59 PM.
Copyright © 2001- 2017 Prison Talk Online
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Website Design & Custom vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media
Message Board Statistics