Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OREGON > Oregon General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oregon General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Oregon that do not fit into any other Oregon sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 04-09-2018, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ang7905 View Post
Im in nampa
So you drive just as far as I do. Congrats on your engagement!!✨
Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2018, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshsgirl17 View Post
Hi!! Yes I remember talking with you too. You waited to meet until his release right? How are things going? Yes we are waiting. He will be moved in Sept of this year but will most likely stay in Salem because he lives in Portland and from what I've learned is they try to keep them close to where they will be released. I wish he was in snake river cause it's an hour drive there vs over 7 to get to Salem.

Wish we could have them switch our men around. Mine is at SRCI and I live 30 min from Salem 😔
The Following User Says Thank You to Gramir For This Useful Post:
Joshsgirl17 (04-15-2018)
Old 04-10-2018, 08:08 AM
Drews one & only

Quote:
So you drive just as far as I do. Congrats on your engagement!!✨
I sure do, its one heck of a drive & wish he was closer to me so it would be a lot easier to visit. The things we do for the ones we love, right?!
The Following User Says Thank You to Ang7905 For This Useful Post:
Joshsgirl17 (04-15-2018)
Old 04-10-2018, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Hi!! Yes I remember talking with you too. You waited to meet until his release right? How are things going? Yes we are waiting. He will be moved in Sept of this year but will most likely stay in Salem because he lives in Portland and from what I've learned is they try to keep them close to where they will be released. I wish he was in snake river cause it's an hour drive there vs over 7 to get to Salem.
Yeah lol we met the day he got out. He was released and stayed at a halfway house with private rooms in Portland for about two months and hen moved in with me. Everything is great he is everything he said he was. He got hooked up with central city concerns (look it up on google) they have set him up with a good job and free college. Portland is doing some amazing programs for ex cons right now you guys may want to check them out. Im glad to hear you all are doing well!!!
Old 04-15-2018, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimimi View Post
Yeah lol we met the day he got out. He was released and stayed at a halfway house with private rooms in Portland for about two months and hen moved in with me. Everything is great he is everything he said he was. He got hooked up with central city concerns (look it up on google) they have set him up with a good job and free college. Portland is doing some amazing programs for ex cons right now you guys may want to check them out. Im glad to hear you all are doing well!!!
Wow that is awesome to hear and I'm so happy to hear a happy outcome from a pen pal romance!! I haven't heard of that program but I will definitely look into it for him. He still has 4 years to go so we have time to figure it all out...unfortunately! If you haven't already You should really post your happy outcome on here cause there's so many bad stories we hear it's nice to see one working out!!
Old 04-15-2018, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramir View Post
Wish we could have them switch our men around. Mine is at SRCI and I live 30 min from Salem 😔
Oh man wouldn't that be great!!😂
Old 05-08-2018, 08:12 PM

my friend is at coffee creek. kind of upset though because i havent heard from her in a couple weeks. she says the kiosks/tablets are messing up, but i would think a hard copy letter would show up... maybe its nothing, just frustrated.
Old 05-09-2018, 05:58 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 8,243 Times in 3,222 Posts

Welcome to PTO, jagers20. The hardest part of these stints is when you don't know what's going on. I hope you hear from her soon.
Old 05-09-2018, 08:29 PM

yes ma'am, i know shes serving much worse time and harsher things are happening to her, but by not hearing much from her, my minds starts to wonder. and it never wonders about the positive side of things.
The Following User Says Thank You to jagers20 For This Useful Post:
GingerM (05-10-2018)