Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OREGON > Oregon General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oregon General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Oregon that do not fit into any other Oregon sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 12-21-2006, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn's Girl
Sorry did not mean to post twice and since I have not figured out how to delete yet I had to edit and post a new post here. So if someone would let me know how to delete that would be great.

Thanks
General members can not delete a post a moderator will do that when they notice the double post. I did that a couple of times when I first started, but after a few weeks you get the hang of it. Welcome to the family by the way.
Old 12-28-2006, 06:45 PM

Hi -
I am new. My dear friend is on his way to Sheridan FCI. Does anyone know much about conditions there, how many in a cell, medical care? Thanks!
Old 12-29-2006, 12:32 PM
Outlaw's honey girl

Welcome blueone! I also have a friend in Sheridan but I'm not familiar witht the basics because we don't write about those things. I do know that he is playing drums in a band and has a job so his days are a lot better than all the time he spent at the jail.

Old 01-23-2007, 11:18 PM

Default hello Oregon

Hello,

I am kind of new to all this. My husband is in Mill Creek and is now down to 16 months. It is nice that we have a section for Oregon but there is not much going on in here. I would love to talk with others from the area. It is great to have PTO.

Thanks~
Old 01-24-2007, 12:10 AM
Donation Award 

I am new here and from Oregon. My son is at SRCI since summer of 2005 & he is thinking he will be in boot camp next month (yeah) ~ so perhaps 6 months from release. I don't know much about this site, but so far enjoy reading others are in same boat...so sorry for the pain, but the growth I have experienced through these last couple years has been tremendous! SRCI is a long way from here, so only get to visit once in a while, but letters abound & I have discovered a very precious person hiding in my son, one I am proud to call friend. I pray for each of you & your loved ones. Wish I had found this site sooner, but I guess I needed to trust God for that time & now it is my time to find & give help! Blessings to all
Old 01-24-2007, 05:08 PM
Outlaw's honey girl

Welcome ladies! Shawn'sGirl, I too wish there was more going on here in the Oregon forums but you'll see plenty of Oregon people out in other forums like Here to Hear You and Husbands and Boyfriends. I'm amazed at how outspoken some of the Oregon people are.
MommasKat, I've heard that before about how parents have gotten closer to their children since they have been incarcerated. I'm sure it is a wonderful feeling. Boot camp will definitely be better than SRCI. I bet you've learned all kinds of new things since taking this journey. It's been a major eye opener for me.

Old 01-24-2007, 08:26 PM

Welcome to both of you!!!

Welcome to the fountain of support and knowledge!
Old 01-29-2007, 10:29 PM
Donation Award 

Thank You all for the kind welcome. I have had an interesting time this last week learning my way around & just butting right on in to other forums! I guess thats how it's done?!
Does any one know any thing about early release programs, my son calls it boot camp? I can't find much out, and he only calls every 2 weeks, so I will have to wait to ask him, if nobody knows! Thanks
Also, any advice, warnings, etc as we prepare for him to come home. Not a druggie, so one less worry. But, I am sure there are other things I should be prepared for? Thanks for any help. I LOVE the conversation & this place has brought me so much hope this week! It was really hard at first, though.
Old 01-30-2007, 07:06 AM
brokenheartedma

MommasKat
I have a son at TRCI. I live on the South Coast of Oregon, so I have a long drive also. I try to go every 3 months.
The only thing I know about boot camp is there is one located near North Bend called Shutter's Creek Correctional (either facility or institution?) You can probably look it up online and find more info about other boot camps here.
Good Luck!
Old 02-06-2007, 12:35 AM

Hi folks. I found just found this site. My husband is in Sheridan F.C.I. He has 3 Years to think about why you don't commit Federal Crimes. When People ask what my husband does I tell them he is on a 3 year contract with the government. Some of the looks I get are rather funny. Finding the humor in our situation isn't easy so I take what I can get. I look forward to posting with everyone.
Old 02-07-2007, 02:44 PM
Its just me

Welcome everyone!!!!!
Old 02-07-2007, 03:15 PM
MauiArtist

Default Aloha All from Maui

I'm sorry if this is redundant . . . I've never posted anything online before. I have a son at Snake River. He was just transferred there from Santiam. I live on Maui, so cannot visit him. I've searched for support groups for parents with kids in prison, to no avail. I still don't know how this works, but thought perhaps you all would understand the pain, self doubt, confusion etc that goes with being a parent of someone in prison. My son will be released in dec 2007 to Grants Pass, where his two sons live. I don't know how much help to offer, and as I said, I don't even know how to use this website, how to view your answers or anything . . any help will be so much appreciated. Much aloha to you all.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:35 PM
brokenheartedma

Welcome MauiArtist,
If you are redundant, I missed it the first time. I have a son (22) at Two Rivers Correctional Inst., close to Snake River. Well, as close as anything can be in the middle of nowhere. He began serving his sentence in August 2006. We are hoping he will be out in September 2008.
It has been very hard on me and my husband, as well as our son. To make matters worse, my son's girlfriend of 16 months promised to stand by him during his time and she dumped him less than 30 days into it. My son was more of a mess over her than he was going to prison. He still grieves for her.
I was a total wreck for the first 5 months...he was actually arrested in another State, brought back to Oregon, went to trial while sitting in jail and then sentenced after he plea bargained.
This site was my first outreach. I had been crying for several months, worried sick, nobody understood having a son in prison. The people on this site have given so much support, information and caring. I hope you find that here, also.
Please feel free to reply here or private message me if you need to talk...chat...write.
brokenheartedma

Last edited by brokenheartedma; 02-07-2007 at 03:36 PM..
Old 02-07-2007, 04:04 PM
MauiArtist

Default Mahalo

I sent you a private message. How do you know when someone has answered your posting . . . just by dumb luck did I find your answer to my post . . . my website is (Oh I cannot post a URL until I have posted 25 posts) oops

I sent you my personal email addie in the private message. Feel free to wirite and I promise to respond . . .

Mahalo from your new friend,
MauiArtist
Old 02-07-2007, 09:55 PM
son at srci

to be thankful for a web site..... my son, 35 years of age is at SRCI for 9 1/2 more years. we have filled an appeal and if all goes well... the attorney has found 5 counts, he could have a release date much sooner. just time... that is all time. May I correct that, time for all of us to wonder how did this happen? She lied and the courts would not allow my son to tell his complete story. Thus the appeal. She was/is evil, a true dragon.fly as she has tatooed on her back for all to know. We can only hope that others will learn that in the state of oregon...it is one strike and you in prison for a minumn of 7 YEARS. So very sad what a lie can do to a person's life. Yes, I am the mother, yet I do believe my son for otherwise he'd rot in prison if what he was charged with were true. So parents be grateful that you can write, accept a phone call, and be there for your loved one. Hard on them...YES and hard on us. Leila
Old 02-07-2007, 09:57 PM
son at srci

does anyone know what WORK programs are offered at SRCI?
thank you, happy trails, leila
Old 02-07-2007, 10:04 PM

Thats really funny johnnies girl, I never know what to say. Not that I am embrassed by my husband but I dont think everyone needs to know but next time someone asks I am going to have to use that one. lol
Old 02-07-2007, 11:48 PM
loving my caged bird

Hi! Welcome to everyone who is new!! I hope all of you are finding some answers!! You will get tons of support here on PTO so ask, ask, ask!

Love is patient, love is kind. Love never fails.
Old 02-08-2007, 03:52 AM
brokenheartedma

Default On a need to know basis...it's ok to tell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn's Girl
Thats really funny johnnies girl, I never know what to say. Not that I am embrassed by my husband but I dont think everyone needs to know but next time someone asks I am going to have to use that one. lol
Hi Shawn's Girl, so true! My son has been at TRCI since August 2006, should be out September 2008. At first, I couldn't tell because my throat would close up and I couldn't swallow. Once over that, I didn't know what to say.

Then I decided "The hell with it". I love him. I believe in him and will stand by him (because he is trying to change). So when the subject arose, I would look them in the eye and tell the truth.

There are some people I have not spoke to since, and I knew I wouldn't by the look on their face when I told them. Good Riddance. There are some people that were "hiding" the same secret. And still, unbelievably, most people show compassion and mean it.

I now find it freeing for me to tell someone the truth about my son.
Anyone can make a mistake.
Old 02-08-2007, 09:43 PM
Donation Award 

Leila ~ I am seeing my son tomorrow & he just left SRCI, so I will ask him about work programs, I'll let you know if I find out anything.
Old 02-16-2007, 02:04 PM
MauiArtist

Default Thank you so much

Thank you all so much for your aloha and support! Every time I start feeling worried or scared, I just log on and I always feel a bit better knowing I'm not alone . . .

Work like you don't need the money,
love like you've never been hurt and
dance like nobody's watching!

Old 02-22-2007, 06:29 PM
Mother of Inmate

Smile New Member in Oregon

Hi All,

I'm new to this site as of today. My name is Sue and I have a son, Josh, in Snake River. He was sent there the end of Oct. 2006. He has a 8.5 year sentence. His father and I live in Hillsboro, same as his wife and three children.

It's nice to have someplace to go and talk to others that know what you're going through.

I'm just trying to gather info on what the mail restrictions are and such. We sent him a Christmas card and it was sent back because I put two stickers on the envelop. I have a 9x12 envelope ready to go to him, with just a letter and some inspirational printouts and a couple pics of his kids. I also took the Christmas card out of the envelop and put it in there. Do you think it will go through?

Oh, deek is our old dog, not a nice name of anything.

Thanks for having this site and for any help you can offer.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:40 PM
MauiArtist

Hiya . . . good question. My son is at SRCI and I still don't know whether he's received a letter I wrote/mailed on Feb 7th! He did say letters outgoing take forever going to Oregon, less time out of state . . . you can check out the inmate mail site at the DOC website . . . I cannot paste it because I haven't yet posted 25 posts . . . Rules on Inmate Mail

All the best to you . . .

Old 02-22-2007, 07:07 PM
Mother of Inmate

Thank you Maui Artist.
I found the site and it helped a lot. I will mail his letter tomorrow!

I love Maui by the way. My husband and I have been there twice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MauiArtist
Hiya . . . good question. My son is at SRCI and I still don't know whether he's received a letter I wrote/mailed on Feb 7th! He did say letters outgoing take forever going to Oregon, less time out of state . . . you can check out the inmate mail site at the DOC website . . . I cannot paste it because I haven't yet posted 25 posts . . . Rules on Inmate Mail

All the best to you . . .
Old 02-22-2007, 07:23 PM
MauiArtist

You're welcome . . . by the way, I am hearing "things" about SRCI. Does your son "share" any info about it with you? I guess it isn't supposed to be a "summer camp" but, geez . . . anyway, much aloha to you and thank you (mahalo) for your kind words . . . yes Maui is " no ka oi" da bes!

XXOO