Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OREGON > Oregon General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oregon General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Oregon that do not fit into any other Oregon sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 03-26-2013, 11:54 AM
Super Moderator

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,711 Times in 3,035 Posts
Default How goes things with your LO's?

Thought I'd check in with everyone about how we're all faring with our various LO's in the prison system.

My dad's gotten somewhat easier to work with, though he can still be a jerk. My parents' divorce is slowly grinding away, with me greasing all the wheels as much as possible to just get it over with. I have no idea what my dad was thinking when he decided to get divorced at this stage, but whatevah!

He isn't adjusting well to the system, and often takes his frustrations out in ways that aren't necessarily emotionally healthy for him, those around him, nor necessarily useful to him. He's better now than a year ago, but he can't seem to find peace with his situation. It's going to be a long road for him if he doesn't find a way to cope with the system that isn't self-destructive.

Mostly I'm spending my time dealing with all the non-criminal legalities (Power of Attorneys, stuff like that) so that I can get the house on the market and sold off as quickly as possible without getting ripped off.

My mom is actually doing really well. She moved into a retirement community in January after my dad said he wanted a divorce. She loves it there and it's taken a huge burden off of me as well.

Last edited by GingerM; 03-26-2013 at 11:56 AM..
Sponsored Links
Old 03-26-2013, 05:39 PM

We're doing good still, still unconditional and eternal love and friendship for each other and we use every chance we have to write each other.. We have 286 days to go; he comes home in January and we CAN'T WAIT!!!! Still more than ever stalking the mailman LOL!
Old 03-26-2013, 05:45 PM

Thanked 1,864 Times in 892 Posts

We take each day as they come and try not to take adavantage of what we have as a couple. Some days are better than others.....we are down to just a short time..SO thankful for that!

Peace~
GingerM (03-27-2013)
Old 03-26-2013, 08:45 PM

Question

My husband comes HOME in a MONTH!!! Although the DA said there was NOT a no-contact order the system decided to put one in place and HAVEN'T had any contact with him since he's been in -September 2011.

I just got some scary news and I have an appointment with Willamette Valley Cancer institute on 4/2. I was asked to bring a loved one and they asked me what kind of arrangement's I have at home for care around the house etc. I am panicked to say the least... and need to know where he is going after- Sponsors or if he can care for me.
Ive tried for a week to get through to his counselor At Powder River but the phones were down. I was given the Chaplins number from the person who answers the main line after a week of trying and they told me that although the phone is working - none of the extensions are working and they would let his counselor know that there is a family emergency.
I have just been round and round with them- How can someone actually get though to a loved one with a family emergency?

All most there!
Old 03-26-2013, 09:11 PM

Im sure he's going to Sponsers but dont know about contact.

All most there!
The Following User Says Thank You to MrsJMay For This Useful Post:
GingerM (03-27-2013)
Old 03-27-2013, 11:25 AM
lost without my love

I've gotten to visit two months in a row, so I'm a happy camper! And as of yesterday I have a new grandson, YAY!! Very cute and loveable and thanks to the mp3 player email system my husband will get to see his new grandson probably today. So all in all a good month.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator

Donation Award 

Wow! Lots of good things (well, for DOC at least) happening for folks!

InmateLover - only 1 month left?! Do you have the jitters yet?

MrsJMay - you're under a month now, how exciting!

TLA - new grandson, congratulations! (I love the MP3 texting pictures too!) How wonderful for you!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
MrsJMay (03-27-2013), TLAn4ever (03-27-2013)
Old 03-27-2013, 03:13 PM

I FINALLY got a hold of someone at the prison and am getting to talk to him in an hour! And YES we are less than a month from the gate!

All most there!
The Following User Says Thank You to MrsJMay For This Useful Post:
GingerM (03-28-2013)
Old 03-27-2013, 03:15 PM

Thumbs down

My Family emergency call took more than a week to go through! Slow!

All most there!
Old 03-27-2013, 03:16 PM

and its crazy that I get this news with him having less than a month left...all part of Gods plan I guess

All most there!
Old 03-28-2013, 11:32 PM
Donation Award 

things are going well for my brother.

he's just passed a year in with 5.5 more to go! he finally got a cellie that isn't a white supremacist and he's really happy that he doesnt have to listen to racist bull all day every day anymore. he has been practicing Hindu for sometime now and it's really made a huge impact on his way of thinking and I am so happy for him. he even has a couple of guys in there that are starting to study with him! so cool!

I have yet to be able to go and visit but I'm hoping to this summer sometime. it's hard being a state away!
Old 03-29-2013, 06:16 AM
Super Moderator

Donation Award 

I hope you get to visit this summer also, littlesister. And I'm really glad to hear that your brother doesn't have to listen to hateful things from his cellie anymore - as if being incarcerated isn't filled with enough negativity already!
Old 04-06-2013, 08:43 PM

Truthfully things have been hard for us lately. My husband is getting tired. Just wore out. He has been in for 7 years now and the system is really taking a toll on him. He has been doing everything he can to better himself for our future and they do everything they can to keep him down it seems. He's getting jaded and it has rubbed off on me, I'm afraid. He is so different from the man I married. I am still in love with him, but some days the way he talks, I feel like I don't know him anymore. He has just gotten so negative. Its to be expected in a place like that but I just wonder how much of it will stay with him and for how long. I wonder who I will have coming home to me.. Just being honest.
Old 04-07-2013, 06:14 AM
Super Moderator

Donation Award 

My sympathies, Firstandmore. Prison does change a person, for better or worse. Certainly the man who comes home won't be the man who was arrested. I'm hoping that when my dad comes home, he will have a broader view of the world than when he went in and will be so happy to not be incarcerated any more that he will appreciate what he's got. I'm not counting on it, and I certainly am very familiar with getting jaded and bitter. I try not to let it get to me too terribly often, but sometimes...
The Following User Says Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
FirstandMore (04-07-2013)
Old 04-07-2013, 10:26 PM

After 8 months, my loved one just got transferred out of Shutter Creek to Santiam. Santiam was a couple day stopping point for him on his way to Shutter Creek, so I am wondering if anyone knows if Santiam is a common stopping point on the way to another institution? I want to write to him, but if he is going to be moved again, I want to wait rather than have the letter come back. Thanks in advance.

Old 04-08-2013, 06:19 AM
Super Moderator

Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by victors1girl View Post
After 8 months, my loved one just got transferred out of Shutter Creek to Santiam. Santiam was a couple day stopping point for him on his way to Shutter Creek, so I am wondering if anyone knows if Santiam is a common stopping point on the way to another institution? I want to write to him, but if he is going to be moved again, I want to wait rather than have the letter come back. Thanks in advance.
Scott would have more accurate information than I do, but I don't think Santiam is a common stopping place usually. Normally, from what I've seen, it's a final destination.

That being said, I'd write the letter anyway and send it. If it gets returned, it's just one more stamp and one more envelope. And it will let you know that he's been moved, possibly faster than he or DOC is able to let you know.

Gin
Old 04-08-2013, 11:03 AM
lost without my love

Normally they forward the letters on if they are transferred to another prison instead of returning them. So if you write him it will eventually catch up.

Old 04-08-2013, 11:59 PM
Life,love,stress&setbacks

He's happy, yet stressed now that we've only got about 16 months left on a 75month sentence. When do they usually transfer them closer to home?

Old 04-09-2013, 05:19 AM
Super Moderator

Donation Award 

I think they usually transfer them about 6 months in advance, if they're going to transfer them at all. I know DOC often tries to transfer an inmate to the nearest facility to where they're going to be released, but if there's no bed space, well...
Old 04-15-2017, 06:42 AM
Super Moderator

Donation Award 

Found this while looking for something different, but now I'm curious how everything has turned out for everyone.

New folks - how are things going with your loved ones?
Old 01-10-2018, 11:44 PM
Donation Award 

wow! What a thread. When I posted last my brother had only been in 1 year. Now he's near his release date in April.
The Following User Says Thank You to tslittlesister For This Useful Post:
GingerM (01-11-2018)