Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ILLINOIS > Illinois Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Illinois Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Illinois

Old 06-10-2015, 06:38 PM

Question Robinson info?

Ok ladies, I need to know if anyone knows anything on Robinson CC.. My LO was just transferred from Stateville... I can go visit him but I need anything anyone knows about visits and like how long before I can go visit him because I have been through the phone loops trying to call county and IDOC and such.. Trying to avoid being put on hold for long periods of time... can anyone help???
Old 06-10-2015, 07:43 PM

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,264 Times in 1,546 Posts

Coincidentally, my fiancé was in Robinson before he transferred to his current prison, Taylorville. I can try to answer your questions, but they might be a little outdated since my fiancé transferred about 2 years ago. When mine had sent in his visit list, it was very quick before we were approved..probably like a few days. When he calls you and tells you you're approved, that's how you'll know. It won't help calling and asking them if you are approved, because I don't think they can tell you that. If you read some of the other threads on here, I think I detailed out the information about visits. I'm on my phone right now so it makes typing hard lol. If you do need more information, I'll type it out for you tomorrow night when I get back to my PC.

GO CUBS GO!!!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to blah8705 For This Useful Post:
onelifetolive93 (06-10-2015)
Old 06-10-2015, 08:44 PM

That's alright lol I don't like using my phone for this forum either.. He doesn't have my new number yet, so hopefully he will get the letter and we can get it straightened out... Do you know if Securus will go through to a cell phone? Mine is a go phone..
Old 06-10-2015, 09:31 PM

Donation Award 

Yup it does. All I have is my cell phone, so if they suddenly decide to switch it to landlines, I'd be in trouble lol.

GO CUBS GO!!!!!!
Old 06-11-2015, 07:23 PM

Donation Award 

Okay, so I did make a detailed post about visiting at Robinson, and I'll copy/paste it here for you. Remember that the last time I was there was 2 years ago, so if anything has changed, I wouldn't know. Here's my post and please let me know if you have any follow up questions or anything I could specify for you:

Now as for visits, he gets 7 a month with only 3 of them being allowed on the weekends. They are 4 hours long..you get to hug and kiss at the beginning and end of each visit. You also get to hold hands during the visit. MAKE SURE YOU PURCHASE THEIR LITTLE VENDING MACHINE CARD, because you can't use cash in their vending machines. There's a little machine thing in the lobby where you'll be able to buy one and reload money on it whenever you need to. Only bring your keys, your drivers license, another form of ID, as well as your money for the card. For your first visit, you need 2 forms of ID (I used my social security card as my second form of ID). After that first visit, you only need one ID thereafter. Also, on the IDOC website they have a visiting form you can fill out before you go, otherwise they'll just have you fill it out while there. The officers are pretty nice for the most part. I've never had any problems with them. The dress code isn't extremely strict either...just don't go in looking like a hoochie and you'll be fine. Your man can NOT get up to walk to the machines with you...he can only get up if he has to use the bathroom. And if you find that you have to use the bathrooms during the visit, don't be afraid to go up to the desk and let the COs know. Some of them look mean as hell and scary, but I guarantee you they're not...lol. They have some board games like scrabble and uno. My inlaws donated a couple uno decks just last year, and already they look like crap lol.

GO CUBS GO!!!!!!