Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MASSACHUSETTS > Massachusetts Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Massachusetts Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Massachusetts.

Old 06-25-2015, 10:37 AM

Default NCCI Gardner

I'm frustrated with this site and how HUGE it is. I'm looking to connect with people who share my experience of having a loved one at NCCI in Gardner, Mass. (not Ohio!).

So! I thought I'd start a thread and see if I get any hits.

My name is Bridget and my inmate is Frank. He is serving a life sentence w/out parole.

He always says that those of us in the visit room are like extended family and we need to look out for and take care of each other; no matter where we come from, our race, gender, relationship, religion, language, size, shape or flavor!

I hope to hear from some of my peeps!

HawkGirl
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2015, 07:21 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,892 Times in 865 Posts

Hi Hawkgirl, I've been on this site for a little while and I rarely see posts from MA. I started when my husband was in Plymouth County and I don't think I ever saw any recent posts for there. I am from MA but my LO is in federal. I love what your friend says about the visitation room. I try to be like that in visitation and in line waiting to get in. Best of luck to you.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:41 AM

Hawk....I have a friend at Norfolk I visit regularly. From my experience, most inmates are against their visitors speaking to other visitors, especially when it comes to sharing personal information. I have seen, and unfortunately had this happen to me too, where something you will say to another visitor gets twisted around into something totally different when it is relayed to their inmate. Inevitably, this gets back to your inmate and causes trouble. I'm not sure why, but many (not all) visitors seem to enjoy causing drama and watch the issues it creates among inmates and their visitors. I know this is the overriding feel at Norfolk specifically. It took one time of this happening and I stopped talking to people entirely. I would just hate for you to think you made a friend and find out they weren't so much a friend after all.

Just my two cents.
Old 07-08-2015, 07:45 AM

Default 2 cents

Thanks pretzellogic, for your 2 cents. I can definitely see that some people in the visit room thrive on drama. I make sure I tell my LO everything that transpires between myself and other visitors so he hears the truth from me first. He likes that I support and communicate with other visitors but there are also times I keep my distance - just shut up and wait for the blessed time I can see my True Love.
I'm sorry you had that experience in Norfolk.
I just try to "be the change I wish to see in the world" and treat people how I would like them to treat me. We are all fighting our own battles with the (often inadequate) tools we've been given.
Be well and keep the faith.
Hawkgirl
Old 07-08-2015, 07:46 AM

Default best of luck to us all

Quote:
Originally Posted by shs76 View Post
Hi Hawkgirl, I've been on this site for a little while and I rarely see posts from MA. I started when my husband was in Plymouth County and I don't think I ever saw any recent posts for there. I am from MA but my LO is in federal. I love what your friend says about the visitation room. I try to be like that in visitation and in line waiting to get in. Best of luck to you.

Thanks so much, and you too!
Old 07-08-2015, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkGirl View Post
Thanks pretzellogic, for your 2 cents. I can definitely see that some people in the visit room thrive on drama. I make sure I tell my LO everything that transpires between myself and other visitors so he hears the truth from me first. He likes that I support and communicate with other visitors but there are also times I keep my distance - just shut up and wait for the blessed time I can see my True Love.
I'm sorry you had that experience in Norfolk.
I just try to "be the change I wish to see in the world" and treat people how I would like them to treat me. We are all fighting our own battles with the (often inadequate) tools we've been given.
Be well and keep the faith.
Hawkgirl
Come to think of it, maybe my Mass friend is just weird. LOL! My LO is doing federal time and I've never had a time where he has been odd about me talking to other visitors. In fact, I still have good friends that I met over the years and still talk to even now from his various prisons. Some come and go as relationships and locations change, but there are a couple that I still talk to regularly.

One in particular stands out. It was a mother and her teenage daughter whose husband/father was in prison with my LO. She had a huge crush on my LO and would get up and walk past him 50x a visit. One day he looked up at her and said hi and her face turned the brightest shade of red I've ever seen in my life. He got a kick out of it and I guess she did too because she wanted to take a picture with him, which of course isn't allowed. It still cracks me up to this day and that happened almost 5 years ago.
Old 07-09-2015, 11:43 AM

Smile cute crush

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretzellogic79 View Post
Come to think of it, maybe my Mass friend is just weird. LOL! My LO is doing federal time and I've never had a time where he has been odd about me talking to other visitors. In fact, I still have good friends that I met over the years and still talk to even now from his various prisons. Some come and go as relationships and locations change, but there are a couple that I still talk to regularly.

One in particular stands out. It was a mother and her teenage daughter whose husband/father was in prison with my LO. She had a huge crush on my LO and would get up and walk past him 50x a visit. One day he looked up at her and said hi and her face turned the brightest shade of red I've ever seen in my life. He got a kick out of it and I guess she did too because she wanted to take a picture with him, which of course isn't allowed. It still cracks me up to this day and that happened almost 5 years ago.
That is such a cool story! It made me smile.
Old 07-09-2015, 01:12 PM

Default MCI-Gardner

I'm from 2 towns over from Gardner (Fitchburg)but haven't lived there for 10 years now. I have a lot of friends that were CO's in Gardner but most have since retired.My son did 4 years in a PA prison which is how I found this site. I've checked but there's never much on here from MA prisons. Good Luck