Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California Prison-Specific Forums > California Institution for Women (CIW) - Chino
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California Institution for Women (CIW) - Chino Topics, Discussions and Information relating to the California Institute for Women, located in Chino, California.

Old 07-04-2016, 02:52 PM

Default Phone problems at CIW?

I have not heard from my lady in almost a week (normally she calls me every day religiously) and needless to say I am starting to get super concerned. God, I knew this would be challenging, but when you don't even hear from someone for a week or have any idea of what's going on (I think we all know this) you can start thinking some extremely dark thoughts.

Apparently they've been not good about allowing phone privileges at CIW lately. This is probably just me wishful thinking at this point that they'd suspend phones for a full week. Has anyone else heard about this?

Glad to find this forum by the way. It's really nice to know I'm not alone out here.
The Following User Says Thank You to JRA4350 For This Useful Post:
mikeq (11-07-2016)
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2016, 04:02 PM

Thanked 1,451 Times in 904 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRA4350 View Post
I have not heard from my lady in almost a week (normally she calls me every day religiously) and needless to say I am starting to get super concerned. God, I knew this would be challenging, but when you don't even hear from someone for a week or have any idea of what's going on (I think we all know this) you can start thinking some extremely dark thoughts.

Apparently they've been not good about allowing phone privileges at CIW lately. This is probably just me wishful thinking at this point that they'd suspend phones for a full week. Has anyone else heard about this?

Glad to find this forum by the way. It's really nice to know I'm not alone out here.
Hi and
You're not alone in feeling this way. We've all been through it at some point. Hang in there ok? I'm sure she'll call you as soon as she can get to a phone.. I hope she calls you soon
The Following User Says Thank You to HisSoul For This Useful Post:
mikeq (11-07-2016)
Old 07-04-2016, 06:01 PM

Staff Superstar Winner 

Thanked 3,228 Times in 1,573 Posts

Hon, have you called the prison and done a welness check on her?

Old 07-04-2016, 06:07 PM

I have not. I am making this up as I go along and this has never happened before so I'm not sure who to call. If I don't hear from her tomorrow it will be a full week.

So many thoughts going through my head... but, I vented on another thread, no need to do it again here :-)

My general experience has been that the staff there does absolutely nothing to help you and will not even do so much as lift a finger if it requires any additional effort at all. CIW is so overcrowded it is just a giant pressure cooker and it seems like the problems just keep getting worse there almost by the day.
The Following User Says Thank You to JRA4350 For This Useful Post:
mikeq (11-07-2016)