Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Member Introductions & Lone Star Lounge
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Member Introductions & Lone Star Lounge Please post your introduction here if you are involved with the Texas prison & criminal justice system, and join in non-prison related conversations with other people from your state.

Old 12-06-2017, 12:43 PM

Default jennacyde from Texas

Hi guys new here posted in the main forum my boyfriend is at The Robertson Unit in Abilene Texas. Iím Jenna im 25 and new to this whole thing just looking for advice and support on how to deal and cope with him on the inside we visit and write , but it tears me apart on the inside to leave him there. Hope everyone is well and you and your SO and family members have a great holiday!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-07-2017, 12:24 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,137 Times in 638 Posts

Welcome
Old 12-11-2017, 09:37 AM

Hey girl!!. My name is kelly I am 22 and my boyfriend is also in Robertson unit, I’m also new to this page!. I’m very happy I found your post I was hoping to find someone who I could relate to during this time.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kaykat1004 For This Useful Post:
jennacyde (12-12-2017), OnlyInTexas (12-11-2017)
Old 12-11-2017, 10:03 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,137 Times in 638 Posts

Feel free to ask questions. Lots of knowledge here. I don’t know anything about his unit but I’m pretty familiar with the outmate side of TDCJ
The Following User Says Thank You to OnlyInTexas For This Useful Post:
jennacyde (12-12-2017)
Old 12-12-2017, 04:01 PM

Default jennacyde from Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaykat1004 View Post
Hey girl!!. My name is kelly I am 22 and my boyfriend is also in Robertson unit, Iím also new to this page!. Iím very happy I found your post I was hoping to find someone who I could relate to during this time.

I miss my boyfriend so much haha I am glad to have found someone to relate to as well. Not many of my friends are actually supportive of me in the long term. Iím hoping that you and your BF have a wonderful holiday!

Last edited by jennacyde; 12-12-2017 at 04:04 PM..
Old 12-12-2017, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyInTexas View Post
Feel free to ask questions. Lots of knowledge here. I donít know anything about his unit but Iím pretty familiar with the outmate side of TDCJ

My main question is how to cope with him being inside. It hurts to leave after a visit every time I do get the option to see him. I donít know how to distract myself from that pain I donít want to leave him there, but I assume itís like that for everyone. What would you suggest to maybe keep myself busy with for him besides the letters? I do volunteer work on the side of my actual job just wish I had more of a handle on this. Thanks for replying and I hope you and your family have a happy holidays.
Old 12-13-2017, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennacyde View Post
I miss my boyfriend so much haha I am glad to have found someone to relate to as well. Not many of my friends are actually supportive of me in the long term. Iím hoping that you and your BF have a wonderful holiday!

Thank you!. I hope you and your bf also have a wonderful holiday!!. Well I only have two friends that are supportive of me and my bf one because thatís her brother and the other my bf found her a pen pal in there. But my other ďfriendsĒ donít really much approve. I understand where you are coming from itís so hard to leave there after a visit it feels like they are on your mind even more!. I also found my self needing a distraction from that feeling, that I ended up getting a gym membership thatís 24/7 and it does distract my mind at that moment. Do you and your bf write letters and phone calls? Me and my bf do both I enjoy hearing him it gives me lots of comfort to hear from him.