Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Morgantown FCI
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Morgantown FCI Topics and discussion specific to FCI Morgantown in Morgantown, West Virginia.

Old 02-18-2013, 07:28 AM

Default Packed Visiting Room

Hi All,

We visited my son on Sunday and I couldn't get believe how packed the visiting room was. Granted, we are still pretty new to this, but my goodness. My sons ended up eating their chicken sandwiches frozen so they wouldn't have to wait in the microwave line, lol. Hope everyone is doing fine and wishing for spring like I am. This driving in the mountains in the snow is not my thing...
xoox
Patty
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2013, 12:24 PM

I visited my LO at Morgantown for the first time this past weekend on both Saturday and Sunday. I got there early, before 9 and by noon it was getting very crowded. It was a bit overwhelming because it was my first visit. The following day on Sunday was busy, but didn't seem to be as crowded as Saturday. I am hoping as I am new to visiting, it will get easier with time as everyone says. I too will be happy when the snow and cold weather is gone and it is spring/fall time. I can imagine the drive/view to be very beautiful when the trees and plants are all in bloom.
The Following User Says Thank You to HisNewgie For This Useful Post:
Here4Us (03-27-2013)
Old 03-27-2013, 12:56 PM

You beat me over here! When the weather warms up, they open one of the doors and you can actually go out on the chained-in patio and enjoy the sun. It's nice. My son likes to catch up on sleep on the weekends, so we've started getting there at around 11, and it's hard to find a seat sometimes, but we usually can...eventually. You'll get more comfortable with every visit, I promise. I thought I was going to have a panic attack on our first visit there--I just wasn't sure what to expect. But now it's really easy. My son thinks it's funny that after seven months I still have trouble with the vending machines in there. I finally got brave and tried the coffee machine last time. woo hoo. We are going this coming Sunday--I can't decide if it will be packed or not so much. But yes, thank goodness the worst of the weather is behind us.
Old 03-28-2013, 12:28 AM

They actually had the outside opened the past weekend I went. It wasn't the warmest of days but I guess it was nice enough out. Typically when his other family and friends visit it is around the afternoon time, same as you, to let him sleep in. I was just so anxious to finally see him. I had some hoops to jump through to get approved and it was hard. Finally I was approved and left that Sat AM at 5 AM to get all the time in that we could. I was very anxious/excited the whole way up and until I stepped out of my car and started walking my way into the building. That's when my nerves and anxiety got the best of me. I could barely hold the pen still filling out the form. Finally seeing him and being able to hug and kiss him again for the first time in so long calmed me down a bit. I was still very on edge the entire visit as I was taking in the entire ordeal of it. He even commented that I was acting as if we had never known each other before. It was just weird and different seeing him in that way, knowing that their were boundaries in our interations with each other. I was a lot to take in to say the least. I myself, tried the coffee machine the second day of my visit and got a kick out of it! Wasn't bad at all! I hope that you enjoy your upcoming visit. He too has family coming to see him over this weekend. I however won't be.
Old 03-28-2013, 07:02 AM

I know just how you felt. Walking into a prison was not something I ever thought I would be doing and I was totally overwhelmed. I was afraid I was going to do something wrong, get kicked out, get him in trouble. Tried not to look at the other people there. I promise it will get easier for you and you will be able to relax. You will meet some of his friends there, start recognizing people from past visits. The COs are USUALLY pretty cool about things. Some have major attitudes, but...We are lucky we can hug our LOs and hold hands and sit next to them. I know others aren't that lucky.
xoxo