Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FLORIDA > Florida Prisons & Jails > Florida - Region 2 Facilities
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Florida - Region 2 Facilities Discussion and information for the following facilities:: Baker CI, Columbia CI, Columbia Annex, Cross City CI, FL State Prison, FL State Prison – West, Hamilton CI, Hamilton Annex, Lake City CF, Lancaster CI, Lawtey CI, Lowell CI, Lowell Annex, Lowell Reception Center, Madison CI, Marion CI, Mayo Annex, Putnam CI, RMC-Main, RMC-W, Suwannee CI, Suwannee Annex, Tomoka CI, Union CI

Old 03-30-2011, 10:19 AM
Donation Award 

My husband is there also. The guards are pretty relaxed from my experience ... a couple of them even strike up conversation with me when I'm waiting for my husband to come in. I think it's because they like our kids.

Like a previous poster said, you'll be able to sit next to him, hold hands, sneak in a kiss or two when no one's looking, but not much more than that.

There are only 2 long tables inside, but outside has a covered shelter with more tables and benches. I believe they open up the doors for outside around 10:30. Visiting is from 9-3, but definitely get there around 8:30 if you can.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:37 PM

you know it is funny to read that there are swings outside lol not becus most prison dont have that but because those swings were put up for me and my brother back in the 80's my mother and us kids were the regualr family up there every weekend visitingmy step father and us kids used to get yelled at all the time for running on the grass so they asked us what would make our time there better... I told them swings lol so the next weekend ew had swings and its nice to know that they are still there for kids to enjoy My husband is at taylor ci and my son has nothing to do there but play cards and color which gets real old to a 4yr old lol
Old 04-02-2011, 08:31 PM
Donation Award 

Yep, they're still there. Although I do worry about them, because they look like they've seen better days. lol. Those swings have been a Godsend for us! My boys would be bored to tears without them.
Old 04-03-2011, 12:47 PM
Banned

hey wasnt Cross City a private prison? I could have sworn in 09 I saw that it had CF after it (private prison term)... now it's CI for state run.

or am I confused? lol
Old 04-03-2011, 11:13 PM

no its always been CI atleast it was back in 1981-1989 when I went there to see my stepfather. And I am so glad to hear that my idea still makes visiting alil easier for other kids and yes they are VERY OLD lol I think it was probally 1987 when they put them up ( if they are the same ones)
Illuminati (04-04-2011)
Old 10-25-2011, 12:10 PM

Default Cross city ci questions? help?

Hey guys. So baby love was transfered to cross city. anyone know anything about it? Visitation? Do calls transfer? Conditions? Nervous ...thanks
Old 05-18-2012, 07:05 AM
He's Home in APRIL!!
Donation Award 

Hubby is back at Cross City and it's better than when we were there before when he was on the roofing crew. Will be going to my fourth visit this Sunday. Can't wait to see him again. =)

Old 07-03-2012, 01:26 PM
Sun Dried Georgia Peach
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,980 Times in 1,421 Posts

The address has changed. It's no longer the POBox that Phil posted way back.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:00 PM
Dustins Mom

Default Son just placed at Cross City CI

I noticed no one has posted for this facility in a long time so I was wondering if anyone has any news or recent experiences from this place? My son just got there Monday and when I talked to him that evening he said so far so good, he said it was better than the two reception centers he has been at since being sentenced. I live 6 hours south of Cross City CI and I am planning on visiting my son on Labor Day weekend (this will be the first time I have seen him in 10 months) I am excited and just wanted to see what anyone else may have to say about the place, their family members experience or your experience with visitation/phone calls. Thanks in advance!
Old 07-31-2013, 07:49 PM
Sun Dried Georgia Peach
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,980 Times in 1,421 Posts

It's not so bad.
There is a lot of respect there you don't see often these days. The rules are the same. At CRCCI we can sit across from or next to. Seats are not assigned.

Dress conservative casual....if that's a term. No thin see through tops, no camouflage and that's all I can think of....

More? Oh. Lots for a first timer, maybe someone will be along...and, you can look up the 33s and they are in What You Need To Know, right at the top, a sticky.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - J Krishnamurti

'Why' must almost always override 'how'. - Anjewel

DEDICATED TO THE ONES WITH NO VOICE
Old 07-31-2013, 07:51 PM
Dustins Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anjewel View Post
It's not so bad.
There is a lot of respect there you don't see often these days. The rules are the same. At CRCCI we can sit across from or next to. Seats are not assigned.

Dress conservative casual....if that's a term. No thin see through tops, no camouflage and that's all I can think of....

More? Oh. Lots for a first timer, maybe someone will be along...and, you can look up the 33s and they are in What You Need To Know, right at the top, a sticky.
Thank You so much for the tips
Old 12-19-2013, 06:49 PM

Hi, I am going for my very first visit ever this weekend and am beyond freaking out. Is it fairly easy to figure out where exactly to go or park? What would be a good time to get there? In one of the directions Ive looked up it says that gate access is required....I have no clue what that means >-< Im crazy nervous so any help or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!!

-Fuse
Old 12-30-2018, 04:10 AM
Ms88Mama

Default Cross City Corrupted officers East Unit

Hello,
I wanted to ask what's wrong with Taylor? My guy just got moved from Cross City East Unit after a plotted attack planned by a guard and using inmates to commit the attack. Also property was stolen during the whole thing which affected my hard earned dollar. I am not gonna just be quiet master and let this go. Cross City is a joke allowing inmates to commit crimes when I thought they should be reforming the inmate and their issue to re-enter society one day. This prison feeds addiction with guards sneaking in cigarettes. Why would this even be an equation allowing the illness of an addict to not help them quit smoking which eliminates the urge to puff on the nicotine. Taylor???
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs.one View Post
well ,they beat my man up in handcuffs,, pepper sprayed him 6 times, and threw 11 drs on him, which tallahassee over turned.....
one female gaurd tried to date my man, there's a high homosexual population, but columbia's is higher.... if hes at lake city, that's a jit camp, and he should look at lancaster instead of ccci, if he's at columbia, id try new river unless he's just tryin to get over that way.... but by ALL MEANS, AVOID TAYLOR....