Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OREGON > Oregon Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oregon Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, halfway houses, community service and electronic monitoring in Oregon should be posted here.

Old 01-30-2017, 02:34 PM

Default PPS and County transfer

Hello, with just over four months to go before release, my friend has yet to meet with a release counselor. He has inquired with his assigned counselor, as have I, but without a response. He will have three years PPS after release. He has a place to live, with long time friends (without criminal records), but they live in a different County than the one he was convicted in. Is he able to request a change to the County he is released to, prior to his release? He has no where to live if he is released to the County of his conviction. Without a release counselor assignment, and with no information being given to him, I was hoping to ease his mind with information. Is there anyone he should be proactively contacting on his own at this time? Thank you for any advice/guidance.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-30-2017, 09:09 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 4,757 Times in 2,047 Posts

I believe, although PM'ing Scott would be a better source than I am, that to do an inter-county transfer, it's a lot like inter-state transfers. Both counties have to agree.

I'm not sure where the paperwork starts, but I believe the request has to be made prior to release.

About the only thing I can think of is to keep sending kytes to the counselor and if that gets nowhere, send kytes up the chain of command until someone does answer.

I'm sorry he and you find yourselves in this situation. I do strongly recommend PM'ing Scott as he's a veritable font of release information.
The Following User Says Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
Athena26 (01-30-2017)
Old 01-30-2017, 10:23 PM

Good idea, I will PM Scott. Thank you, Ginger. I hope all is well with you and yours.
The Following User Says Thank You to Athena26 For This Useful Post:
GingerM (01-31-2017)
Old 01-31-2017, 05:15 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 4,757 Times in 2,047 Posts

Good luck to you and him both! You've been in this long enough to know I'm not being condescending when I say "You're going to need it".

One of my "guys" was scheduled for AIP, was moved to the AIP dorm, then, before he could unpack, was taken off AIP.

Wishing you a huge dollop of luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
Athena26 (01-31-2017)