Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Arizona that do not fit into any other Arizona sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2009, 08:47 AM

My name is Nancy. My daughter is in Perryville for 2 1/2 years. I live in the east and cannot visit her. I write several times a week and send money. I also send her what she requests from the internet. The shock has worn orr, but the heartbreak is still as painful. I need to know if there is an advocacy group in Arizona for women who have children wha are molested by a family member.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2009, 11:30 AM
muyas wife

Default Hi

MY NAME IS ANGELA, and its great that this site is comeing alive again keep it going, anyway i am from england and my husband is doing a 3 year scentance, and has only 59 days to go and food visit is on at kingman thank you jesus guys lets keep this site going ok?

my soulmate is now home!!
Old 05-12-2009, 06:38 AM
A Loving Mom.

Smile New to all this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara View Post
Mini Introductions for AZ please join us

Hi!
My name is BSS (Barbara) I am a moderator here at PTO. I would like to help you get more going here in AZ, I know there are quite a few members here in AZ so letís all introduce ourselves and get acquainted OK? I live in California but I was born in Douglas AZ back when the streets were made of wood LOL J/K but it was a long time ago. I still have family here in Tucson and Douglas, my uncle use to be the Fire Chief in Douglas. My son is in prison in California at Pelican Bay, he is one of the many artists you see displayed here in the Gallery at PTO. Letís hear from all of you here in AZ so we can get to know each other. Love Barb
Hi my name is Krissie My moms name is Jodie we registered to this in hopes to gain strength and knowledge to get us through all this. April 23 my bf we love and adore as a family member as well, got sentenced it was a messed up deal and he was lied to by his public defender in every single way. We gave her the proof to show he was not guilty of this and yet she did nothing. My mom says what doesnt kill us will make us stronger and that god walks with us. We will get through this together and then continue forward in life. I live in Needles , ca and he is in the gila unit in douglas. NOt sure how we will get or how often to visit yet. Not even sure when I will start getting calls. Any help would be greatly appreciated at this time.
Old 05-12-2009, 05:15 PM

Default Hello Barb

My name is Cara and I am just about to end my waiting for my Fiancee, he is ending is 12 year sentence two years early in October, 2009. I am so excited. I am glad to know there is support out there for inmates and families. God Bless you Cara

Quote:

Hi!
My name is BSS (Barbara) I am a moderator here at PTO. I would like to help you get more going here in AZ, I know there are quite a few members here in AZ so letís all introduce ourselves and get acquainted OK? I live in California but I was born in Douglas AZ back when the streets were made of wood LOL J/K but it was a long time ago. I still have family here in Tucson and Douglas, my uncle use to be the Fire Chief in Douglas. My son is in prison in California at Pelican Bay, he is one of the many artists you see displayed here in the Gallery at PTO. Letís hear from all of you here in AZ so we can get to know each other. Love Barb
Old 05-13-2009, 08:44 PM

Default I miss my son sooooo much!

My name is lisa, originally I joined the california forum because my friend is in cali. well now i am sad about joining arizona's because my 18 year old son is currently being held at the lower buckeye jail. his first offense and pretty serious. I have cried too many tears for my son and just can not or do not know what to do other than be here for him and encourage him. some days I feel so helpless and can't stop the tears from falling. I love my son with all of my heart and soul if I could trade places with him I would do it in a heart beat. we are the begining faze of all this DOC madness!
Old 05-14-2009, 09:58 PM

Hi, my name is Sandi. My son has been in AZ DOC for 10 1/2 years with about 6 to go (with good time). I just found this site today and am so grateful for people to talk to that know what I go through. Thank you everyone for being here.
Old 05-16-2009, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeysGirl View Post
Hey there everyone!!! My name is Lani, and I have lived here in Phoenix, AZ for about 12 years. My Fiance, Joey just got sentenced to 6 years. He is still in County Jail right now, awating his move onto Alhambra....then on to Prison. We are not sure where he is going to end up....but hoping that it is close.
My first time having to go thru something like this. My first time falling in love......Dont get why he had to go away, right when he fell in love. Its not fair. Im not dealing with all this very well....It hurts......
Hoping that I can get to know more of you, just incase one day I start to lose my mind, and need someone to chat with.....Thanks for Welcoming me into the PTO family, with open arms.....
i know how that is i've lost it time to time but it gets better when you get to see him or get his letters thats what makes it all better.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:47 PM
A Loving Mom.

Hi , IM Krissie and my mom is on this with me. We live near Golden Valley, AZ MY loved one ( who my mom adores as well ) is in the gila unit. He will be in there for 3 years we have 30 days down now ill figure out how to get the little counter thing. I could really use some friends it came to a utter shock to us he had only signed a plea agreement for 90 days . so we arent sure where to go fromhere. But friends would be great, Im now starting to stand up and know we will get past this.
Old 05-19-2009, 10:56 PM
A Loving Mom.

Default hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahsMama View Post
Hi, welcome to the forum! I am pretty new to this all as well, as my husband left April 2nd to be sentenced. I am sorry to hear about your son. My husband was sentenced to 2 1/2 years. We just had our first son March 9th, so at first..I was having a TERRIBLE time coping with the fact of him going away to prison. I hit major depression, but because of our son, I have to be strong. My son is what is keeping me strong. My way of coping, is that it's not 'forever' and sometimes, they say, they're safer in there then they are out here. At least he's not away in the service, where you wont have visitation options, and not knowing if he'll ever come home or not. I also HAVE to remind myself..that he is in prison FOR A REASON, I know my husband is a GOOD person, who made a BAD mistake. Keep yourself busy with the family and friends around you, write letters to your son, and always keep in touch! I am thankful we get the options for letters,visitation and phone calls. Good luck with everything =)

Hi we are also new to this if youd like we can be friends, my boyfriends lawyer lied as well. he was to get 90 days and then there was 3 years all for stuff that proof of unguilty was and is literally still in our hands. But anyways feel free to private message me and we will go from there ok ........ ANYONE reading this is welcome to as well. Without friends where would we be? so lets come together and help each other : ) oh ya this is me and my mom, my mom is facing a tough one too as my brother goes to court june 8... : (
Old 05-21-2009, 09:56 AM

Default Hello All!!

Good Morning Future Friends!!

Well goodness...first and foremost - I have to say I LOVE THIS SITE!!! For the past couple of months I've been just a mere 'spectator' gleaning so much info from you guys, So thank you!!

As for introductions - Lets see...My name is 'B', 31 year old female, born & raised here in AZ, and live in Tempe. I currently have 2 'connections' that are 'guests' of the ADOC. One, my cousin who is currently serving a life sentence in Florence and a dear friend who is currently serving the last leg of a 14 year sentence.

Obviously as all you have experienced -having those you care about 'in' - can be emotionally, physically, mentally, spiritually and financially taxing. But I'm so impressed, encouraged and strengthened to see the support that is given here! I do hope that I can be as encouraging as you all have been to me...

Take care and hope to hear from you all soon!!
Old 05-21-2009, 11:38 PM
almost home
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by azlatina1978 View Post
Good Morning Future Friends!!

Well goodness...first and foremost - I have to say I LOVE THIS SITE!!! For the past couple of months I've been just a mere 'spectator' gleaning so much info from you guys, So thank you!!

As for introductions - Lets see...My name is 'B', 31 year old female, born & raised here in AZ, and live in Tempe. I currently have 2 'connections' that are 'guests' of the ADOC. One, my cousin who is currently serving a life sentence in Florence and a dear friend who is currently serving the last leg of a 14 year sentence.

Obviously as all you have experienced -having those you care about 'in' - can be emotionally, physically, mentally, spiritually and financially taxing. But I'm so impressed, encouraged and strengthened to see the support that is given here! I do hope that I can be as encouraging as you all have been to me...

Take care and hope to hear from you all soon!!

http://www.zwani.com/graphics/welcome/images/16.gif
Old 05-21-2009, 11:39 PM
almost home
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj92363 View Post
Hi , IM Krissie and my mom is on this with me. We live near Golden Valley, AZ MY loved one ( who my mom adores as well ) is in the gila unit. He will be in there for 3 years we have 30 days down now ill figure out how to get the little counter thing. I could really use some friends it came to a utter shock to us he had only signed a plea agreement for 90 days . so we arent sure where to go fromhere. But friends would be great, Im now starting to stand up and know we will get past this.
http://www.zwani.com/graphics/welcome/images/er45.gif
Old 05-22-2009, 05:48 AM
A Loving Mom.

Nice to meet you all.... ( This is Mom) I look forward to sharing things with you all. Still learning how to add friends and all and be able to talk with yall even easier. There are a few we met that want to get carpools going and all and be super support for each other. Besides them being in there some of us need support in other ways as life still goes on. I hope each and every one of us is granted the strength to carry on together and get past this hurdle that life has thrown at us.
Old 05-24-2009, 09:17 PM

Hello all my name is David and im a 30/m in glendale, im looking on here to find help in coping with the hole that is left in me while my wife is in Perryville dont know what unit yet she is still being classified, she was sentenced to 6 months to a year for "Possesion of a forgery device"..... this was her first charge ever she has never been in trouble before and they forced a plea agreement on her stating she had to go to DOC, the judge, the probation department all of them said she should have been put on probation not prison this dont make any sense to me, she was the sole supporter in our house im disabled and we have a almost 3 yr old (as of the 9th of june) and a 9 yr old (my step son) I dont know how to cope with this, I have a felony from 9 years ago so they wont let me visit her and I dont know if they will even let her call me, I feel so helpless and my 3 yr old is really starting to get upset to the point she is constantly puking, what can I do where should I turn for help.....
Old 05-28-2009, 03:51 AM
She is all that I need

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztrekker View Post
Hello all my name is David and im a 30/m in glendale, im looking on here to find help in coping with the hole that is left in me while my wife is in Perryville dont know what unit yet she is still being classified, she was sentenced to 6 months to a year for "Possesion of a forgery device"..... this was her first charge ever she has never been in trouble before and they forced a plea agreement on her stating she had to go to DOC, the judge, the probation department all of them said she should have been put on probation not prison this dont make any sense to me, she was the sole supporter in our house im disabled and we have a almost 3 yr old (as of the 9th of june) and a 9 yr old (my step son) I dont know how to cope with this, I have a felony from 9 years ago so they wont let me visit her and I dont know if they will even let her call me, I feel so helpless and my 3 yr old is really starting to get upset to the point she is constantly puking, what can I do where should I turn for help.....
Welcome to the forum David! I wish it were under better circumstances.

First I have been down your road in the recent past. Its tough. But I promise it does get easier. My wife did 12 months of an 18 month sentence. She started out at intake aover at Perryville.

Durring that time 2 to 4 weeks she will be evaluated, consult with medical and pysch evailuations etc. If I remember right durring intake, she is not allowed to call you. But you can write.

Writting is what kept me sane durring that year. Also a section on this forum just for us: http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=110

I have some good info such as contact information and addresses for DOC. I can send it via private message if you like. But let me give you this link to start: http://www.azcorrections.gov/adc/prisons/perryvil.asp

Its important that your wife try to enroll into some of the programs available. Such as education and job training. Her skills and needs will also be acertained durring intake. My wife stated she did not finish high school. That got her into an edu. class which kept her busy while earning her parole.

Hang in there and write her as much as you can. Your having a hard time on the outside. Imagine what she is going through.

Marc
The Following User Says Thank You to Marc.PHX For This Useful Post:
NtShadow (05-28-2009)
Old 06-01-2009, 02:15 PM

Default Devistated mother

Hello,
I am a mother of a 23 year old inmate. my son was sentenced to 4 years in prison. my son is in the morey unit, in buckey, lewis prison at this time. he is not a violent man, and his charges are not violent charges. but the last time i spoke to him, he had been in a cage for 2 days. are we still on earth, or the planet of the apes ? Am i allowed to use my real name on this, or not ?
Old 06-02-2009, 12:44 PM
A Loving Mom.

Hi, nice to meet you.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:43 PM

Thanked 4,623 Times in 1,671 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnewman View Post
Hello,
I am a mother of a 23 year old inmate. my son was sentenced to 4 years in prison. my son is in the morey unit, in buckey, lewis prison at this time. he is not a violent man, and his charges are not violent charges. but the last time i spoke to him, he had been in a cage for 2 days. are we still on earth, or the planet of the apes ? Am i allowed to use my real name on this, or not ?
Hi, CNewman, I have a son doing 4.5 (max) also non-violent. Tears you up. trust me, I know. In a cage? UNBELIEVABLE AND OUTRAGEOUS!
Old 06-02-2009, 06:48 PM

Thanked 4,623 Times in 1,671 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by aztrekker View Post
So sorry you are going through this, you certainly need help. I would go the the az.gov website first and see if there are references to agencies that might be able to help you.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:21 PM
A Loving Mom.

I just thought about it....... Id be calling someone the cages are NOT to be used at any facility right now at alllllllll
Old 06-04-2009, 01:56 AM

Default hello

Quote:

Hi!
thank you so much for making me feel so welcome. I'm org.. from Alabama and moved out here to Tucson with my husband who is now in Florence AZ
north unit 2 i have no family here except our 2 boys and our baby daughter.i have lived in Tucson for 9 years and I'm so vary new to the way the doc works.. when i come on here i feel I'm not alone.
thank you
Old 06-06-2009, 05:15 PM
Busy Dizzy Admin
Donation Award 

Thanked 21,581 Times in 5,569 Posts

Hi all,
Please would new members post individual threads to introduce themselves.

We look forward to welcoming you!

Rachel