Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > KENTUCKY > Kentucky Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kentucky Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Kentucky.

Old 01-11-2014, 02:37 PM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,091 Times in 568 Posts
Default Conditions at KSP Poor Right Now/Updated

The conditions at KSP are not very good right now. Wednesday, they lost their heat due to a major boiler malfunction. They passed out an extra army blanket to those who wanted them. Friday they had a water main break and no water. I guess the next to go will be the electric. KSP being right on the water really gets frigid.

Monday, they were on lockdown for the day because too many guards and officers called in because of the cold weather. The roads were clear and dry. But due to this, they didn't have enough guards to oversee everyone.

They were kind on Monday though and picked up their outgoing mail and also delivered their incoming mail. Have to be thankful for that.

So when you think of how conditions are out here in the free? world, just think about being in prison without heat and water in sub zero temps.

God bless them all.
May she rest in peace.

~ PTO Administrators and Staff

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babygirl350 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (01-11-2014), sass4221 (01-12-2014)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-13-2014, 10:16 AM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

Default KSP Conditions UPDATE

Just a little update for anyone who is interested. KSP did get their water back to where it is running, BUT they still do not have heat in the CELLS, It is a boiler problem. It does not affect the entire prison, only the cells which of course is where the inmates are. If you are in Death Row, or the Hole, you are not affected as those are in separate buildings.

They are saying the boiler parts could take weeks to get delivered. This is pitiful. The walls are sweating and the water in the toilets are frozen.

Not much the inmates can do except to stay under the covers. Use their hot pots if they have them to make something hot to drink or eat. My hubby said he cooked all weekend just to keep warm as well as staying snuggled under the covers.

I cannot even imagine. Here is to keeping warm, we are 48 here now. Have colder temps coming in every night this week here.

Stay warm and keep healthy. Be safe. Until the next time.
May she rest in peace.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babygirl350 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (01-15-2014), sass4221 (01-13-2014)
Old 01-15-2014, 12:16 PM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

Heat is back on and working now. Just going to take a little while to heat all of that stone back up and now with the colder temps and the frigid water right there, will take a longer time. So am thankful everyone will not be freezing.
May she rest in peace.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to babygirl350 For This Useful Post:
godloves4life (01-21-2014), patchouli (01-15-2014), sass4221 (01-15-2014)
Old 01-21-2014, 05:32 PM

Ty so much for all info babygirl! Has there been any more updates ? Haven't heard from friend who was recently transferred at ksp..hope every one is ok
The Following User Says Thank You to godloves4life For This Useful Post:
babygirl350 (01-23-2014)
Old 01-23-2014, 03:33 AM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

The heat has continued to stay on and the stone has warmed up now. It took a while as the stone had gotten so cold. However, now it seems that many have gotten sick over it. They are in such close confinement that when one gets sick, they all seem to get it.

I talked with my hubby yesterday, an unscheduled call and he is very sick with a high fever. Thank goodness he has "food and beverages" in his cell that he will not have to come out for meals or something to drink. I am hoping that he took my advice and got some aspirin from the canteen and will try to lower his temp with that and it would also help with any body aches.

I will let you know if I hear anything else with the heating problem there. I suspect today will tell the story whether the boiler can hold up or not, our windshield factor is suppose to be minus 20 below. The arctic blast is definitely here and we have another one already moving in as if this one is not enough.
May she rest in peace.

The Following User Says Thank You to babygirl350 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (01-23-2014)