Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > KENTUCKY > Kentucky Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kentucky Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Kentucky.

Old 01-24-2014, 12:02 AM

Default Is anything going on at EKCC?

Does anyone know if anything is going on at EKCC? I haven't heard from my loved one in a month; no letters, no calls--nothing. I'm worried as my loved one has been threatened to be killed; there's been some incidents in the past that has happened. I'm really concerned.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2014, 08:40 AM
Super Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Thanked 6,057 Times in 3,010 Posts

We have several clients there but we haven't heard anything out of the ordinary in recent months.

Have you tried calling there and asking? Or sending him a letter letting him know you are worried?

I hope all is well.
Old 01-25-2014, 08:28 PM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,091 Times in 568 Posts

I know that I have had 2 friends that were sent there unexpectantly this past week. One was from Luther Luckett and the other was from Northpoint Training Center. I did speak to the one from Northpoint on Wednesday and he did not mention any problems, other than cold and snow. I would call the prison and check it out. Maybe they are on lockdown for some reason. I know with the arctic freeze that we have been having that staff seems to be short at the area prisons and they have had to limit activities. Good luck to you.
May she rest in peace.

~ PTO Administrators and Staff

Old 01-25-2014, 11:57 PM

Thanks for the rapid response. I did call and spoke to the case worker; I didn't get much feed back. It was as if the CW was searching for words but kept giving me the same answer to my questions but not really giving me any answers. (If that makes sense). My "motherly instincts" have raged in full force that something isn't quite right; not hearing from him is not him at all. We had a visit with him on Dec. 30, all went well. We haven't heard from him since. We usually get a letter or a call. I pray all is ok!
Old 02-01-2014, 11:15 PM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,091 Times in 568 Posts

Hopefully by now, you have reconnected with him and find all is well. I haven't heard anything more out of there. I do know with these arctic freezes that we have been having across the state of Kentucky, that staff at some of the prisons have had to miss work due to road conditions. I guess if enough staff miss they might have to be put on lockdown temporarily, through no fault of the inmates.

I know that KSP in Eddyville was on lockdown one day due to the absence of staff. They were kind enough to pick up and deliver the mail though.

If you don't get the answer you are seeking, ask to speak to the Deputy Warden over Security. He should be able to tell you the real scoop. Good luck to you.
May she rest in peace.

~ PTO Administrators and Staff

Old 02-08-2014, 10:09 PM

My husband was moved unexpectedly from luckett to ekcc in December and I went from talking to him a few times a day to a few times a week. I haven't heard from him since Wednesday and it's killing me :/ longest since ----ever.
I hope you talked to your loved one.
By the way I was there for a visit that weekend too
Old 04-17-2014, 11:10 PM
ClintzMoabitess

I'm new here and my Fiancee is in EKCC. We talk everyday, but I haven't heard from him since Sunday. Does anyone know if there might be some trouble there, or lockdown status, maybe? I would really appreciate any help. My daughters and I are worried to death. Thank you.