Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR "OFFENDERS" > Headed to Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Headed to Prison Dedicated to those who are facing incarceration. What to expect; what you can do to prepare; Q&A's; support.

Old 12-31-2018, 11:24 AM

Thumbs down Anyone done time at Enfield CI (CONNECTICUT)? Or as a Level 3 in general?

My story is nothing special. Career criminal who did a few jail bids, beat a felony, only to land right back in front of THE SAME JUDGE. Her last words to me were "i gave you too many chances, it is SAFE to say you are a threat to society" (note: my username).

Im a big boy and did not come here looking for sympathy or a 'pity party'.
This is NOT one of those 'oh my god im scared to death' kind of posts.

The truth is im gang affiliated and used to dealing with criminals (in/outside). I already got my google voice#, JPay, and Securus set-up on my phone that im going to leave with my girl. (Yep...i know the routine. smh)

According to google maps this looks like its damn near on the border of Massachussets so NO VISITS for me.

Note: i have NO tatoos and OBVIOUSLY wont be voluntarily admitting affiliation upon intake.

-----------------------------------------
Has anybody here done time in this specific prison ? (Enfield CT)

or a level 3 in general ?

Share your experiences please.

Pros? Cons ?
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2018, 11:46 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 35,019 Times in 16,153 Posts

I can't answer your questions, but I do want to welcome you to PTO I hope your journey is a safe and speedy one. How much time are you looking at?

FYI: Connecticut DOC does not allow the use of Google Voice.

Welcome to PTO!

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Threat2Society (12-31-2018)
Old 12-31-2018, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
I can't answer your questions, but I do want to welcome you to PTO I hope your journey is a safe and speedy one. How much time are you looking at?

FYI: Connecticut DOC does not allow the use of Google Voice.

Welcome to PTO!

Really??

So your saying i cant just add my girl to my 'call list' with the G-voice #?
Why is that...is it because they can CONFIRM its not* a landline?
or can they actually see its being 'forwarded' ? i thought google privacy protects that kind of stuff.

I know for a FACT* i have recieved calls from inmates at that same jail on my Google#.

Now if you say its not authorized i believe you but .....are you saying they were making those calls to me on 'contraband burner phones' ?

They can book me for a million years but i need to hear my babys voice.
She makes my sentence a million times easier.
The Following User Says Thank You to Threat2Society For This Useful Post:
patchouli (12-31-2018)
Old 12-31-2018, 12:29 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 35,019 Times in 16,153 Posts

With Google Voice, it may / may not take a short while before they (Securus) catch on, but they'll block calls when they do. And actually, with technological advances, I think they're better at detecting it now than previously. Google Voice is a 3rd party / call-forwarding service, which is why it isn't allowed. Tell your girlfriend to change the number on the cell legitimately through her cell phone company or buy a new one & use the zip code to the facility when activating it. Cheaper calls & she won't get your calls blocked

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (12-31-2018), Threat2Society (12-31-2018)
Old 12-31-2018, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
With Google Voice, it may / may not take a short while before they (Securus) catch on, but they'll block calls when they do. And actually, with technological advances, I think they're better at detecting it now than previously. Google Voice is a 3rd party / call-forwarding service, which is why it isn't allowed. Tell your girlfriend to change the number on the cell legitimately through her cell phone company or buy a new one & use the zip code to the facility when activating it. Cheaper calls & she won't get your calls blocked

Whoa !! Thanks for sharing! Extremely helpful info.
I should have knewsomething was up when i had 5-7 people from prison calling me DAILY! then all of a sudden it was only 2. Your absolutely right it makes sense what your saying because it looks like Securus figured it out and is blocking the other 5 from accessing me.
I know they didnt just stop calling because they felt like it.
This whole time i ASSUMED they were just sharing a 'burner phone' amongst each other but could never actually ask them because i know the calls are recorded and did'nt want anyone to get in trouble.

Only problem is my girl is a resident of New York so i would have to look up a T-Mobile store in Enfield, CT ...order online and get it shipped to me.
Wooooowwwwwww your a lifesaver.

Thanks again,
seriously.
The Following User Says Thank You to Threat2Society For This Useful Post:
patchouli (12-31-2018)
Old 12-31-2018, 01:42 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,039 Times in 12,729 Posts

Google voice is usually done to change the phone number you call from prison to a local number to the prison for cheaper rates. The same for cell phone number changes, except they are allowed when call forwarding isn't. She would change the number of her cell phone, so any provider's phones should work as long as CT allows prison calls to be made to cell phones.
Old 01-21-2019, 01:25 PM

Securus keeps blocking any number I use. My heart os in Enfield and it is irritating.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hummingbird2018 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (01-21-2019)