Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > MISC. > PTO ARCHIVES > Hurricane Katrina Disaster Forum
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Hurricane Katrina Disaster Forum Please use this forum to discusss all news and information relating to Hurricane Katrina

Old 09-27-2005, 04:37 PM
Brother in Farmington, MO

Default Katrina: A criminal catastrophe

I found this web site today while doing searches and I thought I would share it with everyone! Thanks Jenn

http://www.unknownnews.org/0509300923Katrinajail.html
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2005, 10:34 PM

I read some of these stories, it is really, really sad. I hope these people sue and get rich off this. New Orleans KNEW this might happen, I have heard it all my life, it did, and who was prepared?
Old 09-28-2005, 03:43 AM

Right! Just what we, the taxpayers need - a gazillion civil suits!! That will solve everything, won't it? It will tie up the court systems for years to come and the only people who get rich from it will be those 'ambulance chaser' lawyers, while the local and federal governments go deeper and deeper into debt.

You need to consider the source of that story. It's a very far left wing person(s) who set up that web site so you know he will print anything and everything to attack the present administration. It looks like something Michael Moore or someone who hates America would print. I am not saying that there is no truth to it. There probably is some truth. However, don't believe everything you read and believe only half of what you see. Many of the stories coming out of that disaster are not accurate, mostly due to lack of communication services. Let things work out during the coming weeks so we can get to the REAL truth.

Last edited by Doc's Sis; 09-28-2005 at 03:47 AM..
Old 09-28-2005, 05:07 AM
Missing Lyle

I havent heard from my fiance in Huntsville since Katrina, I use to receive atleast one letter a day. I know the hurricane did not hit that far but did something happen at the prison? I know visitation has been cancelled the last two weekends.
Old 09-28-2005, 12:28 PM
Wage Slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc's Sis
Right! Just what we, the taxpayers need - a gazillion civil suits!! That will solve everything, won't it? It will tie up the court systems for years to come and the only people who get rich from it will be those 'ambulance chaser' lawyers, while the local and federal governments go deeper and deeper into debt.
Ok, what do you propose? Are you suggesting that the government not be held responsible for what happened here? There were real finanancial costs inflicted on those men. Why should they have to bear them while the institution that harmed them is allowed to get off scott free? Wouldn't that only encourage more of the same?

As for the lawyers, be glad that they are around. Who else is going to stand up to the state?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc's Sis
You need to consider the source of that story. It's a very far left wing person(s) who set up that web site so you know he will print anything and everything to attack the present administration. It looks like something Michael Moore or someone who hates America would print. I am not saying that there is no truth to it. There probably is some truth. However, don't believe everything you read and believe only half of what you see. Many of the stories coming out of that disaster are not accurate, mostly due to lack of communication services. Let things work out during the coming weeks so we can get to the REAL truth.
The source of the story is the Toledo Blade, a very old and respected newspaper.

As for Michael Moore, he certainly loves America as much as the Rush Limbaughs, Sean Hannitys, Bill O'Reillys and Ann Coulter's of the world, who seem to make a career out of complaining that America is a democracy and that people who disagree with them participate in that democracy.

Last edited by techietype; 09-28-2005 at 12:31 PM..
Old 09-28-2005, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by techietype
As for Michael Moore, he certainly loves America as much as the Rush Limbaughs, Sean Hannitys, Bill O'Reillys and Ann Coulter's of the world, who seem to make a career out of complaining that America is a democracy and that people who disagree with them participate in that democracy.
Techietype --- as usual I agree with your entire post.
I know some people think otherwise because I complain about the status quo in the US, our current adminstration and our penal and "justice" system frequently..but I consider myself a thoughtful and (indeed very upset) US citizen...but a good one. And I will not apologise for the fact that my politics makes me care about all people, black, white, rich, poor, incarcerated or free. Some of these are better at looking after themselves than others, clearly.