Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > LOVING A... > Loving a Long-term Sentenced Offender
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Loving a Long-term Sentenced Offender For those whose loved one is serving 10+ years.

Old 11-29-2009, 09:52 PM
chin up, boots laced
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,087 Times in 806 Posts

Welcome.
Old 12-05-2009, 06:11 AM

Talking

happy hoildays pto and i want to say without i don't what i would you guys help out lot on answer certain question i feel this site help a lot of women deal with the time i love you guys
Old 12-05-2009, 06:13 AM

Question

my man was 10 plus he down to 3-6 now been in 10 years the count down begins
Old 12-09-2009, 09:00 AM
His Soul mate. ..

Thanked 8,163 Times in 6,852 Posts

Welcome to Long term offender forum! Hope everyone had a good Thanksgiving. Christmas is right around the corner, and that means 2010 is almost here!! Another year closer!
Old 12-15-2009, 12:46 AM
Brother@CTF/Soledad25+

Red face Is this forum only for SOs of LT or family members also?

My brother is in for 25 to life as a 3rd striker here in CA. I'm new to PTO as of today, and have subscribed to the Siblings pages, as well as the CA CTF Soledad pages. He's housed in the North Shasta B location and I'm looking for some community and support. I'm alone in all this, as our parents, grandparents have passed on, and our brother is incommunicado in Oregon. So I am the only person who really gives a hoot about him, and even then I was raised separately from my brothers, so he's not a stranger, but I don't know him very well. I spent more time visiting him while awaiting trial, than I had at any other time in our lives. My only other contact had been for short periods as I was a pre-teen and teen growing up in Los Angeles. I married at 16 to get away from a SO cousin who was my guardian, and my brother was working for him when I left.
For many years I never heard from him, and then all of a sudden I got a call from his wife telling me he'd been taken to jail, and would be going to prison for a long time...
He was convicted in 2003, and has been at CTF for the last few years.
He's in for a Sex Offense, and I am reluctant to make contact, yet I miss my family a lot come Christmastime, and so I found this site today while trying to locate his current housing at CTF so I can write to let him know I moved. He was writing to me a few times a year, to no avail, I never wrote back... he stopped writing this year and I missed getting a birthday card from him in June. Before he was convicted I never heard from him on my birthdays or at Christmas...
I'm torn, because I am worried about my address being accessible to other prisoners, yet I know he's alone in there. I am quite alone, although I'm married. I get this way every year... and am looking for some distraction I guess.
Old 12-15-2009, 10:24 AM

Post 25yrs 21.5 left :(

Hey all Im new to this site I was actually trying to get information on the prison my manz is in and stumbled acrossed this site.. He is serving a 25yr sentence for vehicular manslaughter.... it was his BEST FRIEND who lost his life that day and he pays for it every day as if that wasn't enough, who shoulda actually drove but didn't want to.. Not tryin to stick up for him but u kno what I mean.... So anyhow I've been friends with him for 10yrs and about 6yrs prior to this event, we'd been hanging out and he told me he knew I was a good girl and not into drinkin or drugs and said he wanted me to be the one to help him stop.. But I was young and stupid and I got a new jelous boyfriend so we stopped hanging out... I then started hangin with him again about 3yrs ago but I moved up north on kinda short notice so I never found out what went down at trial... so anyways I looked him up on myspace and found his page with his dc number and how to write him so I started writing him... and we've gotten real close since then .. He says I don't have to be his gurl he understands how hard it would be for me especially when he's in fla but im that ride or die type so yea there's our story.. <3 I would like any info on taylor corr. inst. annex if u got it tho.. especially need to kno about visitation.. thanks!
Old 01-10-2010, 04:11 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome. This is all new to me, having a loved one incarcerated and I just found out about it.. I'm still in shock and trying to learn what all he may be going through. Reading old posts from people with the same questions as me has helped me immensly! I am so thankful there are those of you out there that understand.
Old 01-11-2010, 08:11 AM
His Soul mate. ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by godchaser View Post
i did 14 yrs and my sentence ended 7 yrs ago if i can help any of you let me no god bless chin up.....

Welcome to PTO.

& Best wishes!
Old 01-11-2010, 08:13 AM
His Soul mate. ..

Quote:
Originally Posted by StilLovinJeremy View Post
Thanks for the warm welcome. This is all new to me, having a loved one incarcerated and I just found out about it.. I'm still in shock and trying to learn what all he may be going through. Reading old posts from people with the same questions as me has helped me immensly! I am so thankful there are those of you out there that understand.

Welcome to PTO. Glad you found us, you will find tons of support and understanding here.
Old 01-23-2010, 05:32 PM
Corey's Hermosa Mariposa

I'm new to this forum ,,, in fact I never knew this site existed until a few weeks ago when I was sitting around feeling sorry for myself, but anyhoo.... my Baby has already served 10 of a 30 year sentence. Just trying to find friends with similar circumstances and someone to lend an ear on occasion and at the same time give guidance and support =)

♥Like the clouds you Drift me away, far away And like the sun you Brighten my day, you brighten my day♥

Old 01-26-2010, 07:39 PM

HI Everybody.....I found this forum and thought I would join in since we still have a long road to go. We still have until 2017 to live thru incarceration, but my fiance initially went in in 2004. We have been on and off for 20 years this June. We reconciled in August and have decided to tough the rest of his time out together because he has FINALLY gotten himself straightened out and is using his time to better himself. He is currently at Manchester FCI but we are from North Carolina.
I have been on PTO for a few months and am here to find other people going thru the same situation as me.
Thanks everybody

Old 01-26-2010, 08:27 PM
Life Lovin
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,243 Times in 1,384 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by saralizrn77 View Post
HI Everybody.....I found this forum and thought I would join in since we still have a long road to go. We still have until 2017 to live thru incarceration, but my fiance initially went in in 2004. We have been on and off for 20 years this June. We reconciled in August and have decided to tough the rest of his time out together because he has FINALLY gotten himself straightened out and is using his time to better himself. He is currently at Manchester FCI but we are from North Carolina.
I have been on PTO for a few months and am here to find other people going thru the same situation as me.
Thanks everybody
Welcome to the Long Haulers forum!!
Old 01-29-2010, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Help Lord View Post
Welcome to the Long Haulers forum!!
Thanks Its not a life I would've chosen but I love my baby and after 20 years...I'm still in love with him so we're gonna make the best of it......he'll be home before I'm 40 so thats good!! lol

Old 01-29-2010, 09:25 PM
Life Lovin
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by saralizrn77 View Post
Thanks Its not a life I would've chosen but I love my baby and after 20 years...I'm still in love with him so we're gonna make the best of it......he'll be home before I'm 40 so thats good!! lol
ha ha I hear ya. Mine will be home when I am 54.... I was happy it was before 50, lol
Old 01-30-2010, 09:16 AM

I sent him the lyrics to "next 30 Years" by Tim McGraw today. We have to look at it that way....we still have the rest of our lives when he comes home.....We have been going thru incarceration with him since 97 and I am sooooo thankful that he has finally cleaned up (drugs were the root of his crime). Alot of people say he's only clean because he is in prison but he still did drugs the first 6 1/2 years he was in state prsion but has been clean for 6 years now in prison so I'm keeping my fingers crossed and praying alot and hopefully we are finally on the road to staying hime for good this time!!

Old 02-08-2010, 07:40 PM
Loving him ALWAYS

I was referred here by a moderator who welcomed me to the site... Thank you... My man still has a VERRRY long way to go .... He got 19 and he just went into his third... Some days I am a mess... Some days I cry just by looking at his photos which are everywhere... It's hard so very hard but I know at the end of the day I am going to get the best him when he comes home because his kids and I are waiting... We all just need to stay strong and keep keepin on... No wall, gates, barb wire, or guard can deter my our concrete rose love...

ALWAYS AND FOREVER.... Keep holding it down for your mens ladies.... WE are the strongest types because this here ain't for everyone and it sure isn't easy....

I'm happy I found this forum...
Old 02-08-2010, 07:55 PM
chin up, boots laced
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,087 Times in 806 Posts

Welcome. We are 5yrs into a 30yr with no parole (fed). You will find support here.
Old 02-08-2010, 08:07 PM
Account Closed

Default RR1 program?

Does anyone know what the RR1 Program is (or it might be RRI Program.) I just talked to my brother on the phone and he said someone he knows (at George Hill) just got on that and he is only going to have to serve 25% of his time which will be 18-36 mos. now. He was wondering what you have to do to get on it. ?? Couldn't find anything about it online.

Sorry, I think I posted this on the wrong thread!
Welcome to you new guys...I also have someone I love doing life. You came to a good place for support. )

Last edited by marylin; 02-08-2010 at 08:10 PM.. Reason: posted on wrong thread
Old 02-11-2010, 06:16 PM
Loving him ALWAYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by irshnrse View Post
Welcome. We are 5yrs into a 30yr with no parole (fed). You will find support here.
OMGoodness.. I am assuming you live in the USA... I am very sorry to hear that... We are 3yrs in 19 and crossing my fingers that in 4 some years they will let him out on EXTREMELY good behavior. His rap is terrible but he found his difference in me and his boys.

Right now I am not even able to see him as we are on two different ends of the country and hoping that will change sometime in the very near future. It is very lonely under these circumstances... but unfortunately you have to bare a lot when your love is separated by the walls...

I am really enjoying this forum..
irshnrse (02-11-2010)
Old 02-11-2010, 06:48 PM
**Blessed**
Donation Award 

Arrow Hi....

Hi! My name is Erica. Im not new to PTO but decided to come to the Long Term Offender Forum because that's what Im dealing with. Ive been with my boyfriend for 4 years, he's been locked up for 2. We have a looooong road ahead of us and Im soooooo grateful for PTO. Ive meet some wonderful people and looking foward to meeting many more.

Well I live in Alabama and my boyfriend is at Donaldson Correctional Facility. For the women who have been holding their men down for longer than me HOW DO YOU DO IT? All I know to do is pray; i guess thats all I need to do!

Some people say Im crazy for still being with my boyfriend because of two reasons: Im young (22) and he's facing a lot of time. I love that man with all my heart and I have been faithful and understanding from day one. I just dont have many people who understand my emotions, stress, heartache, and pain from being with an inmate. Dont get me wrong, I wouldn't trade him in for anything and I don't regret one day of this...I'm just having a hard time coping. I thought as the time moved on it would get easier but its the opposite. Each day I miss him more and more.

If anyone has any advice or suggestions for me PLEASE feel free to let me know. How do you keep your relationships strong? What are some of the ways you cope with being with an inmate? How do you handle holidays, anniversaries, and just everyday living.....
Old 02-11-2010, 08:10 PM
Life Lovin
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JailWife27 View Post
I was referred here by a moderator who welcomed me to the site... Thank you... My man still has a VERRRY long way to go .... He got 19 and he just went into his third... Some days I am a mess... Some days I cry just by looking at his photos which are everywhere... It's hard so very hard but I know at the end of the day I am going to get the best him when he comes home because his kids and I are waiting... We all just need to stay strong and keep keepin on... No wall, gates, barb wire, or guard can deter my our concrete rose love...

ALWAYS AND FOREVER.... Keep holding it down for your mens ladies.... WE are the strongest types because this here ain't for everyone and it sure isn't easy....

I'm happy I found this forum...
Welcome to PTO. You are in a great place for support. We have 21 years to go. If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Old 02-14-2010, 03:28 PM

Thanked 1,142 Times in 620 Posts

(wah) i am new here & looking for friends. still learning how to navigate PTO. my man got 26-52 - about 19 to go. we just re-connected after 12 years. is there anybody out there?
Old 02-14-2010, 11:21 PM
Life Lovin
Donation Award 

Default Welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sucker4mylove View Post
(wah) i am new here & looking for friends. still learning how to navigate PTO. my man got 26-52 - about 19 to go. we just re-connected after 12 years. is there anybody out there?
There are plenty of us out there! Welcome to PTO. You will get a lot of great support here. My man has 21 years to go on a 30 year bid.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tina For This Useful Post:
sucker4mylove (02-15-2010)
Old 02-15-2010, 12:03 PM

Thanked 1,142 Times in 620 Posts

thanks Help Lord! i've posted a few times & places lately but no respnse except from moderators. just made my first visit last monday (3 hour drive each way) & i'm trying to deal with the fact that the man i've been in love with since 94! is FINALLY (partially) mine - in some distant future i can't even begin to imagine. i have never been much on looking at the future - it has always disppointed me before. also haveing a hard time dealing with "closed subjects" - i grew up questioning authority & not taking orders: he spent 15 yrs in the army. i have lots to learn, but i CAN NOT, WILL NOT give up on this man - he is IT for me. most people can't even begin to understand.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:45 PM

first of all i gott give all u guys a thnx u u guys def help me get thru my day... i knew i wasnt alone but once i got on dis site i learned dat i wasnt...my man got 13 yrs on da 29th of dec...i got a whole lot of time in front of me still....were also expecting a sweet baby girl which makes it easier and harder at da same time.....u guys r def strong 2 go thru all dis.....i wonder 2 my self all da time am i gunna b able 2 make it?? even wit all da love i have for dis man...i kno i can but da question still cums 2 my mind... i also wonder if dis man is still gunna love me after all of dis of course hes gunna love me who couldnt after all those yrs but is he still guna b IN love wit me?? newayss thnx guys for being a shoulder 2 lean on

The Following User Says Thank You to hiswife727 For This Useful Post:
albapambb (01-22-2011)